Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times

Jumping the Gun!

Hello TF World!

Okay, so I don't actually have a TF yet, but it's on the list. Waiting on my laptop to sell on Ebay (say a prayer) and probably for the best deal in the next week or so, and then I'm going for it. Started tablet shopping this weekend, decided on a Galaxy Tab 10.1, then played with a TF at Best Buy and decided it was just beautiful and had more features that I'm interested in.

My hope is that I'll either get a good deal or at least come up with more cash than I was planning on, so I don't have to be as picky about the deal I take. One guy in my town is selling his B50 32gb with a dock for $500, but I really don't need the dock right now and I'd prefer to save money on a 16gb model if possible. I'm a cloud storage guy anyway. Trouble is, the 16gb models don't seem to be sitting out at any of the stores I frequent, just a few 32gb models. Normally I hate waiting for shipping. I suppose if anybody here was selling . . . ?

So hopefully I'll be back in the next week loading this forum on my new Transformer! I'm already an Evo veteran since launch day, rooted since the day after that and always itchy to try new mods and ROMs. And maybe even some hardware tinkering if anybody gets a pin-out for the 40-pin connector. But maybe I should just focus on getting the device in my hands first!

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum!

The TF is a great choice IMO. I only have a 16 gig and it is plenty of room for me. It has a microSD which I use for video/movie storage and my music is in the cloud.

For a 16 GB model, I got mine from Newegg. They had 2 day shipping (shipped from NJ) and plenty in stock.

Good luck with your search!

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    Isn't there a bundle special at Newegg right now for the TAB/Dock. And a case thrown in too?

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yeah, but it's still $500. I'd rather save $100, since I don't need the docking station. In fact, I'll probably end up getting one of the new $30 docks and use my own keyboard/mouse if it comes down to it.

Best I've seen is $375 shipped as of today, or get one used.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    That's a good price. I would get it new, you don't want to buy someone else problems. Then you could return, if the new one wasn't up to snuff.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I agree. I'd rather have a return policy in place if necessary. Too bad Costco doesn't carry the 16gb version, 90-day return policy is pretty nice. Oh well, first I save, then I spend.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links