Thread: TF700 public WiFi issue

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

TF700 public WiFi issue

Hi everyone, first time posting so please bear with me.
    I have a TF700 running Android 4.2.1 and WiFi V7.2.1.44
    All is well when I hook up to home network and I used to connect OK to remote Hotspots (hotels or McDonalds or Tim Hortons). Was simply a matter of picking their "site" and agreeing to there "terms".
    However, a while back I quit getting that "please accept" screen, inb my settings I do Connect to the site but because I never accept their terms I can't do anything.
    I also have a Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2 and it connects at these sites and I get their "acceptance" screen with no issues.

I have fiddled with various setting like "allow pop ups" but nothing helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not a big techie but willing to try things.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    13 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1952 View Post
    Hi everyone, first time posting so please bear with me.
    I have a TF700 running Android 4.2.1 and WiFi V7.2.1.44
    All is well when I hook up to home network and I used to connect OK to remote Hotspots (hotels or McDonalds or Tim Hortons). Was simply a matter of picking their "site" and agreeing to there "terms".
    However, a while back I quit getting that "please accept" screen, inb my settings I do Connect to the site but because I never accept their terms I can't do anything.
    I also have a Galaxy S4 running 4.4.2 and it connects at these sites and I get their "acceptance" screen with no issues.

I have fiddled with various setting like "allow pop ups" but nothing helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Not a big techie but willing to try things.
    I have the same tablet running the same firmware as Mike1952. Whenever I go somewhere which has free WiFi, a message will appear in the system tray which says WiFi networks available, when I go into the WiFi settings page it is simply a matter of selecting the appropriate one and either entering the password that I have been given or just connecting if there is no security.

Having said that it has been my experience that all locations are different, some want you to create a username and password, others, which I avoid, want a lot of personal information. They are all different.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1504 times
    You may want to install a different browser. I have connected at some locations and had to try 3 different browsers before one worked. I can't tie it to a specific type of system but sometimes they just don't work without just the right browser.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    143 times
    If it is an open network like Tim Horten's you may or may not get a pop up. You can "force" the login screen by trying to access a website like Facebook.com in your browser. Immediately the network will realize that you are trying to access the internet and it will cut you off and present you with the terms to agree to.

Sent from my TF300T using Tapatalk
    leeshor likes this.
    -I apologize for any spelng mistakes made as a result of the keybord-

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    13 times
    There is a well known international coffe shop company which has sites in the UK where, when you use their free WiFi facility and start to search, a message comes up saying that the SSL has been disabled and you will be unable to view personalised searches. I am not sure what this means exact;y, but I do know that I am unable toopen any od the search results.

Which seems to me defeats the object of going online in the first place. Can someone explain what this is all about.

I dont remember seeing a 'terms and conditions' box.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1504 times
    If it happened recently it may have something to do with the Heartbleed security issue, or it could just be for your protection. An update to the security certificate has supposedly been released to manufacturers by Google.

Ads