Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    1 times

New to the Transformer

Hi, I've been lurking round this forum since the end of November when I bought by T100. I started off with the MS Surface RT, which I promptly sent back as I couldn't get Adobe Digital Editions on it, although the tablet itself was a nice piece of equipment. I finished up with the Kobo Arc, android, which was fine but the screen too small really. Early November the cat caught the charging cable and so I had a useless Arc. Since I'm really a windows freak, I did some nifty market research (thank goodness for the internet) I settled on the Asoos T100. I was a bit worried about some of the comments about it dying but it had other good reviews so I went ahead.

For the price I paid it is a little gem. I'm not that interested in the included MS software since I have a nice laptop for that but I do like to read a lot. I tend to use it mostly as a tablet and purely for reading. I don't have a problem with Windows 8.1 as I have it on everything else and Win 7 looks old fashioned now. I'm not that fussed about games either but I do like shopping. So far I've not had any problems with it even after the upgrades and I've just left it to do everything itself. I'm not that bothered about the limited space as if I did save anything other than books, I would save to my NAS drive. Fortunately books don't take up that much space.

I'm not really a phone freak, just use it to take and make calls, and I've never sent a text in my life. My phone is around 3 or 4 years old and is hardly ever switched on. I do love my computers though, although since I got a nice laptop, the desktops don't get a look in.

So far I've just got a Mulbess cover, which works fine, although I've been looking at the Skinomi, but I'd better wait while Christmas expense settles. I also have a little Crumpler Gimp, which covers the keyboard nicely when it's not used.

So far I'm pleased with my purchase.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    500 times
    Welcome milky! Glad you came out of the lurkers corner! Congrats on the new gadget, glad you are enjoying it!

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Nice intro Milkybarkid, enjoy the fourms & c'grats on the new rig.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1223 times
    Welcome aboard... !!

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101