Thread: Help new TF201

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Help new TF201

I just got my TF201 in the mail put it on the charger left it alone for like an hour and it still wont turn on? Also when I had originally plugged it in it had a battery that was empty I assume that showed it was not charged but the battery is gone? Should it be there when charging? I have to be honest, I am not the best with computers and even less with the tablets. Help please!

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Welcome to the forum

It does sound like the battery died. The standard first charge time is 8 hours, however before putting it on the charger again plug it into a running PC for about 5 hours. The next time you connect to the charger it should turn on again momentarily, then leave it for 8 hours.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    483 times
    If the battery has died, sometimes it takes about12 seconds of hooding down the power button to turn it on again.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1 times
    If you just bought a TF201, it's likely the battery is dead and ready for burial because they're several models past the TF201. Did you buy the keyboard as well because that has a 2nd battery?

That being said, before you return it for your money back (don't miss that deadline--and buy the new Nexus 7), you should charge it at least 8 hours (as another poster mentioned) and then hold down the push to start button until it vibrates. Once it vibrates you know it's turning on. If it doesn't then the battery's most likely dead.

Last advice, ASUS doesn't support its tablets. Google will send out updates for its Nexus tablets and phones made by ASUS for a time, but ASUS doesn't. Droid 4.3 is far faster than 4.1.1.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    25 times
    Welcome to the forum. I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with you tf201's battery. Hopefully these guys can get you back up and running. Good luck and again welcome to the forum.

Chuck

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by YouBert View Post
    Last advice, ASUS doesn't support its tablets. Google will send out updates for its Nexus tablets and phones made by ASUS for a time, but ASUS doesn't. Droid 4.3 is far faster than 4.1.1.
    Sorry that you feel Asus is not supporting their tablets like they should. Asus does NOT update the Nexus 7 (1st or 2nd Gen) because they are NEXUS devices. Google asked Asus to build them, but as with all Nexus devices, they are Pure Google/Android experience and the software/firmware is maintained by Google. Just like Samsung makes the Nexus 10, but Google updates it. That is the same for ALL Nexus devices.

I personally feel that Asus should support its devices longer than the roughly 1 year from release, but at the same time Asus did work with a lot of retailers regarding the TF201 and many users were able to get all of their money back to put towards a new tablet.

I do agree that 4.2 and 4.3 are much faster and better and that is one of the reason why I am running a custom ROM on my archaic TF101 that is over 2 years old. It runs Android 4.3 just as smoothly as if it were made to run it.
    Jeffrey likes this.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 3.X
    Liked
    46 times
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

Were you able to get your tablet to turn off?

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links