Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Hi all, can i use a transformer to make voice calls

im new to transformers, and new to this forum, i hope someone can assist me with my querys, as i plan to buy a transformer shortly, and have a few issues that need clarification, firstly, say for example i buy one online from itally, does this mean i will be stuck with a transformer that only displays itallian, or do the transformers feature multiple language selections, like computers do, and secondly, does anyone know what firmware update is suited to my location, which is ireland, i have looked on the asus transformer site, but other than they advise we download the correct firmware which corrosponds with the firmware code on any given unit, it is unclear as to which version of firmware is suited to my location, from what i make out, tw is taiwan, ca is china, etc, so is ww worldwide?, any advise would be much appreciated, what i want to do is buy a transformer where its cheapest, and actually available like in itally, but i need to be sure i can get it to display and operate in english,

thank you all

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    When my wife went to the Philippines (on vacation without me!) we used Skype from the TF to my Iphone. Worked great! No video yet but the voice and text work very good. I'm in the US so the rest of the questions maybe someone else will help you out.
    Last edited by mrumm49; 07-29-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    You might be better off getting it from the USA to avoid that sort of hassle. There are places you can buy online and will ship internationally. You will save in the USD/EUR conversion ($399 for 16GB) but the VAT man might nab you on the way in. I'm originally from Cork but live in the US the last few years. Let me know if you need any info about shopping over here. The only other hassle is having a $ on the keyboard rather than EURO symbol. The charger works from 100-240 volts.

Gerard.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Skype, gtalk just works fine!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, mrumm49, i should have explained myself better, what i planned to do was take the 3G sim from my galaxys, put it in the tf 101, and hope there would be a bit of software that could put up a dialer, and route the call through the tf101s modem, that is if the tf s modem is capable of voice communication/2G-3G

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    believe it or not, when i first tried gtalk via my galaxys, i got informed the service was not available here, am also not very technical, have no probem with skype other than heavy on resources, though i havnt tried gtalk since my first disapointment

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Gerard, buying in the us i also thought of, when you say the dollar sign on the key, do you meanthe physical dock and or the soft pad, either way, is therw a way to use polaris office to insert a euro symbol in a document, like you do in word,

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Gerard, buying in the us i also thought of, when you say the dollar sign on the key, do you meanthe physical dock and or the soft pad, either way, is there a way to use polaris office to insert a euro symbol in a document, like you do in word,

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry for the delay in replying, I thought I'd automatically get notified if you responded

I checked the Polaris Office and found the soft keyboard has the Euro Symbol on it. Then I checked the keyboard in Gmail and I found it there also. I think it is the generic soft keyboard for Android 3.2 has the Euro symbol.

So thanks for asking, now I know it is there also I've been typing EUR when emailing the folks back home. Less typing is a good thing!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links