Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

[SOLVED]Need help with "finding IP address" problem with my new TF300T

I am so hoping someone here will be able to help me! Spent 2 hours on the phone with Asus & AT&T last night with zero help.

Here is the problem: I have owned my TF300T for 24 hours. Charged it up at work and was able to get it going via our Comcast internet at work. Took it home and it cannot locate the IP address for my AT&T 2wiregateway modem (the wifi finds my home system, but then gets stuck with "locating IP address"). Called Asus and they said it was an AT&T problem since it worked with the Comcast system at work and AT&T said it was an Asus problem since my laptop (running Vista) is working fine (as is my wireless HP printer). This is my first android product (and I do not own a smart phone) so I know zero about how it works or how to get my IP address into the tablet. I found this site and saw so much awesome help being given that I thought I would throw this problem out to all of you before I sent the tablet back to Amazon! If anyone has any help for me they will have to explain what to do step by step since I really do not know my way around the tablet.

I also tried pressing down on my home system name (in the wifi area) as one reply to a similar problem to this one suggested, to bring up another screen, but that only got me back to trying to log in. I have unplugged the 2wire twice and even reset it. I also did a wipe of the tablet (with a paperclip) and that did not make any difference. I also turned off my laptop, and placed the tablet right next to the 2wiregateway modem.

Any help would be appreciated and even if you can't help me (and I end up getting rid of the tablet) I think this is a great site!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Welcome, dal.

One simple thing to try is rebooting your home router.

Here's a link to most of what we know here about wireless connections...LINK

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks - as I stated, I rebooted my 2wiregateway modem a total of three times (twice unplugged and once hit the reset button). I had already seen that link and tried everything listed - but no help with my problem. I think I will have to manually put in not just my IP address, but all of the other info, but I have no idea if I can even do that on a tablet.

Any additional help would be appreciated!

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    100 times

re: [SOLVED]Need help with "finding IP address" problem with my new TF300T

Quote Originally Posted by dal View Post
    Thanks - as I stated, I rebooted my 2wiregateway modem a total of three times (twice unplugged and once hit the reset button). I had already seen that link and tried everything listed - but no help with my problem. I think I will have to manually put in not just my IP address, but all of the other info, but I have no idea if I can even do that on a tablet.

Any additional help would be appreciated!
    Did you put in the password. Go to settings, network, pick the network, forget the network, scan for networks add password as required.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times
    One more thing I would try is to connect to some other WiFi (like at work) and upgrade your Firmware. I don't recall if you said you did that. Because I believe I had a problem with my TF700T when I got it.

I have 2 WiFi routers in my house (one setup as an Access Point). One uses WPA2-PSK-TKIP and the other uses WPA2-PSK-CCMP. In the past I seem to recall it having trouble connecting to the CCMP one but it connects to both of them now.
    Last edited by Sir_Geraint; 12-18-2012 at 05:49 PM. Reason: typo

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all the great help. I talked to the computer guy at work who told me not to use the password I have always used in the past, but to use the numerical one on the modem and that did the trick! I have no idea as to why my old password stopped working, but my tablet is now up and running!

I think I will be spending a lot of time on this site and I want to thank everyone for their help!!!!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Now that this is resolved - & that is very good news I will post this helpful link which should resolve matters for anyone else who finds the thread...http://www.transformerforums.com/for...onnection.html

Marked as solved & closed.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links