Thread: app questions

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

app questions

We have had our Transformer 300 pad for just a few weeks and admittedly, we are still learning as this is our first tablet. So far, we love it.

Even though we have two laptops and a desktop, we cannot figure out how to

1-turn off an application when we are through with it unless we power off the tablet and re-boot. For instance, yesterday I was listening to a police scanner and when I was through, I could not shut it off even if I started another app.

2-when buying a book or short story, how can I tell if I am putting the item on my tablet, or, I am merely buying access to the publication via the Internet??
    Same for buying music, how can we tell.

We just flew to Europe and back and "some" of the publications were available off the hard drive of our Transformer Pad and some were available only if we were connected to the Internet. In most cases, we need Internet access to hear, read, or play games we had downloaded.

Thanks!

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Philjkan View Post
    We have had our Transformer 300 pad for just a few weeks and admittedly, we are still learning as this is our first tablet. So far, we love it.

Even though we have two laptops and a desktop, we cannot figure out how to

1-turn off an application when we are through with it unless we power off the tablet and re-boot. For instance, yesterday I was listening to a police scanner and when I was through, I could not shut it off even if I started another app.

2-when buying a book or short story, how can I tell if I am putting the item on my tablet, or, I am merely buying access to the publication via the Internet??
    Same for buying music, how can we tell.

We just flew to Europe and back and "some" of the publications were available off the hard drive of our Transformer Pad and some were available only if we were connected to the Internet. In most cases, we need Internet access to hear, read, or play games we had downloaded.

Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum Philjkan. 1) If an app doesn't have a Quit option, using the back button will shut it down. 2) If you purchase a book from, for example, Amazon, via the Kindle app, or a magazine via Zinio app, it resides in your "library," on their site (Internet). If you want to read it, you can then install it on your TF, where it will then reside on your SD card. If you use a file manager, you can go to those folders and see the files there.
    Hope that helps!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links