Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Smile New eeepad owner!

Just got my eeepad this weekend and I'm trying to figure everything out. I'm already in love with it. Just gotta figure out how to optimize it - that's why I'm here.

Greetings!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Welcome to the forum Debby. Take your time and look thru the General Discussion section for threads that may answer your questions. Don't let it overwhelm you.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Welcome to the forum. Is there anything in particular you are looking to optimize? Feel free to ask we will help you the best we can. It is an amazing piece of hardware and I absolutely love mine. Toik a while to get everything where it is and it is still a work in progress.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well, I was hoping there would be a real user guide in the box. As a former technical writer, yes, I actually *like* reading those things! So since there wasn't, I've been doing a lot of figuring out things on my own. I'm totally new to Android, too. (I'm a blackberry phone user.)
    I just figured out this morning how to remove unwanted icons from my screen after I've deleted the app. I had spent two days just moving them to an out of the way location. My biggest concern right now is that Best Buy sold me a Zagg screen protector along with my eeepad, and the little "microbubbles" still haven't worked their way out. I'm not real thrilled with it. Had I realized that it was an ultra sticky screen protector, I probably would not have purchased it and gone looking for something else. I'm considering taking it off and trying something else, but I don't want to flush $30 down the tube, either. So I'm waiting a few more days to see if those little imperfections can get worked out a little more.
    The other thing I'm really looking for is a car charger.

Thanks for the replies! Good to be here.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Link to the PDF User's Guide: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer User Guide Manual
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    The good news about the Zagg's is that they are reusable, not one shot. I had a Zagg on my iPhone but I did not like it (it was the anti-glare one). Many people have had best results doing it in a humid room (shower with lots of condensation on the mirrors) as it eliminates dust in the air and helps with the static cling.

Here is a link to installation tips and FAQ's on Zagg's website. Give it a try again and hope for better results.
    ZAGG | Application Instructions

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederuco View Post
    The good news about the Zagg's is that they are reusable, not one shot. I had a Zagg on my iPhone but I did not like it (it was the anti-glare one). Many people have had best results doing it in a humid room (shower with lots of condensation on the mirrors) as it eliminates dust in the air and helps with the static cling.

Here is a link to installation tips and FAQ's on Zagg's website. Give it a try again and hope for better results.
    ZAGG | Application Instructions

Zagg reuable??? Who told you that?? They are wet apply and once they are on they are on. When you peel them off, which is a chore, they stretch and rip. Definitely not reusable. You have just a few minutes after installation before the adhesive becomes permanent.

And welcome to the forum debbyjg!!! If the bubble haven't disappeared within 24 hours they probably will not. Sorry they sold you one but I believe with the way they try to push them they must get a kickback from Zagg. Check out the accessories section for threads on Steinheil and Clarivue screen protectors. You will be much more happy with either one. And sorry no car charger available at this time. I would think that one of those USB car chargers would work. Haven't tried it myself but it is worth a shot.

Something like this.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    My bad, I had removed and reapplied mine after about a half hour with no issue. I did not try it after that.

crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

- Homer Jay Simpson

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Garemlin View Post
    Zagg reuable??? Who told you that?? They are wet apply and once they are on they are on. When you peel them off, which is a chore, they stretch and rip. Definitely not reusable. You have just a few minutes after installation before the adhesive becomes permanent.

And welcome to the forum debbyjg!!! If the bubble haven't disappeared within 24 hours they probably will not. Sorry they sold you one but I believe with the way they try to push them they must get a kickback from Zagg. Check out the accessories section for threads on Steinheil and Clarivue screen protectors. You will be much more happy with either one. And sorry no car charger available at this time. I would think that one of those USB car chargers would work. Haven't tried it myself but it is worth a shot.

Something like this.

Ok just following up my own post. I just tried the exact charger above and it does not work. Saved you some time and money.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    If Best Buy installed it for you then take it back and demand them to get it right. They installed one on my wife's ipad and it took us taking it back to them but they removed it, tossed it, and put another on at their cost because the first one just looked unexceptable.
    Current Devices:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links