Page 70 of 170 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Welcome to the forum, the sites that CasperCrash cited are a great place to start your adventure! Also, the forum staff is almost finished with an a-z help guide that you will definitely find useful.
    Hey, all you newbies, this is the guide that the staff has come up with The Master Help Guide
    CasperCrash and jekinmeroh like this.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    3 times
    y Hi from Switzerland... Week 2 with my TF201.
    New with tablets, New with android.

The tablet works globally fine, just a few small issues :
    - WIFI : the signal always seems kind of weak. Even being close by to the router, I never have 4 waves on the icon and fading pretty fast if I leave the room. Any way to tweak up the reception in the parameters ?
    - Software : Any hint for a good stand-alone GPS software (w/o WiFi connection) and a good office app (Polaris that came with the tablet is not comfortable in excel mode. would love openoffice).

thanks & see you around here

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi from the land down under....

Picked up my TF101 a couple of weeks ago and just got the keyboard dock of Ebay. Have been waiting a while for prices to come down and finally got both items for just under $500AUS. Not new to android currently have a SGS1 rooted on Cyanogen Mod 9 ICS 4.0.3 plus a S2 work phone. Grabbing the S3 as soon it lands in stores.

So far my experience has been great with the TF101. Suffering from the occasional boot loops but just using auto airplane app and that seems to be taking care of it. Looking forward to roaming the forums!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    9 times
    Quote Originally Posted by stefab View Post
    y Hi from Switzerland... Week 2 with my TF201.
    New with tablets, New with android.

The tablet works globally fine, just a few small issues :
    - WIFI : the signal always seems kind of weak. Even being close by to the router, I never have 4 waves on the icon and fading pretty fast if I leave the room. Any way to tweak up the reception in the parameters ?
    - Software : Any hint for a good stand-alone GPS software (w/o WiFi connection) and a good office app (Polaris that came with the tablet is not comfortable in excel mode. would love openoffice).

thanks & see you around here
    Hi stefab,
    There is a site from Asus where you can register your prime, after doing this you will recieve a free gps/wifi dongel. Don't remember the name of the site but you might find it on google or on this forum.
    And of course, welcome to the forum!
    stefab likes this.
    Stock Asus Transformer TF101 16GB B60 with Android 4.0.3 (sometimes with dock)
    Stock Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray ST18i Black with Android 4.0.4

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Cool A newbie with Transformer Prime TF201

Hi, I am from Malaysia & new to android. Purchased my prime tf201 via an online store about a fortnight ago & I absolutely love it! I also own an iPhone 3GS and IMHO the ICS are better & more user-friendly compared to the iOS. Looking forward to learn more & understand my device better.. I believe all the members of this forum are friendly & will no doubt assist & provide me with the answers should I be needing them, thank u guys!

(p/s: please apologize for my terrible use of english.. will try my best to get better )
    Last edited by ali_pablo; 05-04-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I am from France and I bought my tf101 almost one year ago (when available in France) ! Just a little maintenance with Asus to correct the battery problem and it is almost all good !

Not a lot to say ! just treat me well !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi. I have a transformer 101 eeepad...have had it since February. I find it to be a bit clunky and slow, but I'm not a geek--not even close, so some of that may be user error. I got it because i was tired of my laptop batteries running down to useless so fast. This is great for travel.
    I als have an android based HTC phone, which works great, in some ways better than the tablet. Certainly faster!

Right now i have 3 questions/issues:
    1. If there have been updates, i have not been notified or updated anything. Have i missed anything and how do i fix that. I definitely registered my tablet.
    2. Videos...aughhhhhh! They dont load, or i get a sound with no picture, or a picture that is stuck. Tried to watch one on Huffington Post today... Same issue with videos from FB. And netflix take forever to download...then they have to keep loading. Plus, if i try to pause a video to let it buffer, it doesn't. The bane of my existence! Is there some app i should load?
    3. Finally, has anyone had any success with using their premium spotify account? It keeps saying that im offline when im not.the most recent info i git from spotify folks was that it doesnt work well with honeycomb...but i wondered if there is a workaround anyone has found. Sure would like to be able to ulisten to my music!
    Thanks.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Quote Originally Posted by revmlt54 View Post
    Hi. I have a transformer 101 eeepad...have had it since February. I find it to be a bit clunky and slow, but I'm not a geek--not even close, so some of that may be user error. I got it because i was tired of my laptop batteries running down to useless so fast. This is great for travel.
    I als have an android based HTC phone, which works great, in some ways better than the tablet. Certainly faster!

Right now i have 3 questions/issues:
    1. If there have been updates, i have not been notified or updated anything. Have i missed anything and how do i fix that. I definitely registered my tablet.
    2. Videos...aughhhhhh! They dont load, or i get a sound with no picture, or a picture that is stuck. Tried to watch one on Huffington Post today... Same issue with videos from FB. And netflix take forever to download...then they have to keep loading. Plus, if i try to pause a video to let it buffer, it doesn't. The bane of my existence! Is there some app i should load?
    3. Finally, has anyone had any success with using their premium spotify account? It keeps saying that im offline when im not.the most recent info i git from spotify folks was that it doesnt work well with honeycomb...but i wondered if there is a workaround anyone has found. Sure would like to be able to ulisten to my music!
    Thanks.
    Welcome to the forum revmlt54. Gosh, with the problems that you have, I'm surprised you haven't come around sooner! First thing you should do is update your Transformer. I would suggest going to Settings>Apps>All>DMClient and CMclient, force close and clear cache on both. Then I would do a hard reset:
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task,try again until you have seen the 2 icons in the screen.
    After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected.
    After the hard reset, go to Settings>About>and tap Check for updates. It should tell you to go to the notification area for your update. Why not give that a try a report back. Although the update could give you some additional problems, they are manageable, and you TF should be a lot peppier!

Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm a new Android tablet owner (TF300) but not new to Android. Picked up my TF last night and have been enjoying it since taking it out of the box. I was on the fence about this model and the TF Prime but I'm so glad I got this one. This is my first time using ICS though, since my Motorola Bionic doesn't have it yet. So far, my experience has been a pleasant one. I'll keep you guys posted.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    903 times
    Welcome to the forum kuyawil. The staff has just finished a working on a guide to the wonderful world of the Transformer The Master Help Guide , you might like to look it over. Play around with your new toy and come back if you have any questions...or just to shmooze!

Page 70 of 170 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links