Page 119 of 169 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1689
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Welcome to the site! Please post an introduction thread.

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Welcome Ian, c'grats on the new gear.
    There really isn't a great user manual from ASUS, the Master Help Guide (link in my signature) contains a bundle of links/tips/info though--everything from getting you started with the android system, to browsing pointers & troubleshooting--and almost everything in between. Cheers

sal
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi everyone my name is SAL and i just got my tf700 for christmas. I realised that i need to learn the basics. I was watching this cool video on how to change your keyboard into the perfect keyboard and how it was free. I tried to dwnload it but it kept redericting me into the google play account ?..can someone please tell me what i need to do ?...Am i suppose to root my tablet ?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Hiya Sal, Welcome...no, you don't have to root to install apps at all. You can download different apps from the Play Store--that is the google account you were referring to I believe. Think of it as an all-in-one stop shop...you can get everything there from games to video players to office suites. You should have a wee Play icon in your home screen, if it's not there, it's in your app drawer---app drawer is the 6 small squares in the top right corner of your main screen. You can press and hold any of the apps in that drawer to drag them onto your home screens. You can set up a google account for the play store and download Perfect Keyboard--if that is the app you mentioned you saw the video for. There are lots of pointers and tips in the link in my signature to get you introduced to your new device. Cheers.

★just noticed the perfect keyboard link I left you isn't a free app...probably not what you were after, but you can search the Play Store, use the small magnifying glass-top right side within the Play Store app.
    Last edited by eejit; 01-16-2013 at 10:17 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Asus Vivo Tab
    Liked
    0 times

Vivo Tab

Hi
    We've bought a TF810c Vivo Tab this week

I started considering the Infinity last year and was waiting for the Infinity to become available. Living in New Zealand we tend to be down the list when new gear is being shipped to retailers. Anyway, recently started seeing Win8 around and realised Asus were going to have a Transformer with it.

Why Win8? I recently got an Android phone and to be honest some things are a bit disappointing - just too geeky for my liking. I liked the usability design of Win8 and that old PC apps can be run. Fingers crossed the some of clunky aspects of Windoze have been addressed!

I'll mention first experience of getting going: so got a phone call from shop that unit on order had arrived. Went in at 5pm to check it out. Got them to open up, turn on and connect to internet. All lovely. Got home and turned back on. The idiot had set up the login using the store password without me noticing. So, no way to login! By now the shop was shut and staff gone home. I spent rest of evening figuring out how to do a master hard reset. Took until 11pm before I had this complete and could start afresh to register as a new user.

One final comment for any other new users - make sure you install windows updates straightaway. At a minimum I was unable to connect to hidden WiFi/WPA networks until this was done.

FF

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Welcome farfields - C'grats on the new (less geeky) tablet! Interesting intro, what with the guess-the-password twist.
    I recently purchased a new laptop with Win8 + seem to be one of the oddballs that actually liikes the new Windows interface. Hope your new gear meets your needs, cheers.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, my name is Paul. I am in Wales in the UK. I couple of months ago I purchased a TF300T. It upgraded to Android 4.1.1 about a month back.
    Over the last few days, I am having some weird experiences with the screen behaviour. The lock sequence where you swipe a shape on a matrix of dots is not recognising my swipes properly. I have to disconnect the screen from the keyboard for it to work.
    Similarly when docked, the behaviour of scrolling left and right between desktops has peculiar results. Undocking - it works fine.
    If I go into settings - trying to scroll up & down, also the tablet makes moves & selections on its own !!!....If I undock I can scroll up & down fine.
    There's something going on with the behaviour of the screen ONLY when its connected to the keyboard......very weird....it will have to go back unde warranty unless I can find a software cause..... any help appreciated !

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi! im zenya!

As many of us we stumble in on forums for our problems with a product.

I live in sweden with husband and 6 kids. i work from home as a translator, apps and games. i also have the occupation of an artist. paint, weave, sculpt, aso. i do some Viking/mideavel (600-1200) crafts.

I use my pad to sort out my every day needs. I need it for many things. Do work on the go...

I hope to have a good time here with you all gurus

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Hi Pault--welcome, hopefully we can get your keyboard issues straightened out.
    I have also added to your thread. . Cheers.

------

Welcome Zenya--you sound like you're keeping (more) than busy. Good on ya! The link in my signature was put together by many of the gurus - read it and you will be guru bound too.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Good morning. My husband gave me a TF300T transformer yesterday for my birthday. I really wanted a desk top; I have a Kindle Fire and a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone. Sigh...so anyway, I have this tablet and I am trying really hard to change my attitude about this. I have been looking at the keyboards for the tf300t and would really like to know if I can get a cordless keyboard and use it instead? I like the bigger keyboard. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Hi dnortton...happy belated. Sorry I'm not welcoming you to the desktop site (chuckles to self)...but yes, you can use a bluetooth keyboard with your tablet. Others have had no problem. More info here and here. Apple products may not play nice, but Logitech seems to co-operate. Cheers

added--->lotta pages to wade thru here but, Master List Asus Transformer Accessories
    Last edited by eejit; 01-21-2013 at 09:07 AM. Reason: added linksausage

Page 119 of 169 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links