Thread: HawaiianGirl Intro

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times

Talking HawaiianGirl Intro

I used to have a regular old cell phone and saw no need for a SmartPhone at all. Boy, was I wrong. My old one finally broke and I got a DroidX, still thinking that I wouldn't need all it did. Wrong again. I love it.

Many of my friends have iPads and have been encouraging me to get one, but I am not an Apple fan. I've been looking for a smaller laptop than my full size Asus (which I love) for those times when I don't want to lug it around.

I first saw the Transformer last week when I was comparing a small laptop and the TF; a friend demo'd it for me, and I was hooked. Now I just have to figure out if I can afford one. I'm also trying to think of all the different times and places I would use it so as to justify its purchase. I mean, I do have a SmartPhone already, right?

I live in Oregon but am originally from Hawai'i.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    For the same price of an IPAD2 I got the TF101 with the dock. Much better in my opinion. Your friends will be jealous.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times
    I did a lot of research and to me the TF101 wins hands down. Thanks for the encouragement. I love everything about it. I may be the proud owner of one tomorrow.
    Swipe and MikeyD like this.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianGirl View Post
    I used to have a regular old cell phone and saw no need for a SmartPhone at all. Boy, was I wrong. My old one finally broke and I got a DroidX, still thinking that I wouldn't need all it did. Wrong again. I love it.

Many of my friends have iPads and have been encouraging me to get one, but I am not an Apple fan. I've been looking for a smaller laptop than my full size Asus (which I love) for those times when I don't want to lug it around.

I first saw the Transformer last week when I was comparing a small laptop and the TF; a friend demo'd it for me, and I was hooked. Now I just have to figure out if I can afford one. I'm also trying to think of all the different times and places I would use it so as to justify its purchase. I mean, I do have a SmartPhone already, right?

I live in Oregon but am originally from Hawai'i.
    Hey Oregon, I lived in the Pearl before moving to Thailand.. As for your TF. The TF is a great product but it is not a Notebook replacement. If you need a tablet and the use of an occasional KB then it's a great choice.
    HawaiianGirl likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I'ved used my TF every night in bed before I go to sleep. I use it on the couch watching TV. I use before I go to work each morning. I have used it when I go to the bathroom. OK .......you probably didnt need to know that. The point is......I use it alot. I use my Android phone only when I need ro make a call.
    HawaiianGirl likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrteeth View Post
    I'ved used my TF every night in bed before I go to sleep. I use it on the couch watching TV. I use before I go to work each morning. I have used it when I go to the bathroom. OK .......you probably didnt need to know that. The point is......I use it alot. I use my Android phone only when I need ro make a call.
    Does that mean my Android phone is overkill now? Oh no!

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Hey Oregon, I lived in the Pearl before moving to Thailand.. As for your TF. The TF is a great product but it is not a Notebook replacement. If you need a tablet and the use of an occasional KB then it's a great choice.
    I don't have a notebook. I don't even know the difference between one and a tablet. Could you explain? I have a regular old computer/CPU and an Asus laptop that we've always used before no matter where we were. It's the one with the 10-key pad, which I love. Out of the office, that's the one we use as I can remote in to our business computer.

I want a tablet that I can carry anywhere without the weight of our regular laptop, one that just goes with me everywhere. I love my phone and can access anything I want with it, but it does have its limitations. Like size, for browsing and email. Oh yeah. And for Angry Birds, of course.

You're far away from the Pearl! How do you like Thailand? We actually had snow and freezing rain here today. Gotta love it.

Administrator
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianGirl View Post
    I don't have a notebook. I don't even know the difference between one and a tablet. Could you explain? I have a regular old computer/CPU and an Asus laptop that we've always used before no matter where we were. It's the one with the 10-key pad, which I love. Out of the office, that's the one we use as I can remote in to our business computer.

I want a tablet that I can carry anywhere without the weight of our regular laptop, one that just goes with me everywhere. I love my phone and can access anything I want with it, but it does have its limitations. Like size, for browsing and email. Oh yeah. And for Angry Birds, of course.

You're far away from the Pearl! How do you like Thailand? We actually had snow and freezing rain here today. Gotta love it.
    Notebook = Laptop

Thailand is great nice and warm about 90 today... And I don't miss the snow...lol
    HawaiianGirl likes this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Your tablet won't replace your smart pone. Its weird but it will actually give you a better tablet experience having both the tablet and an android phone.
    HawaiianGirl likes this.
    TF101 Transformer 32Gb

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FXSarge View Post
    Your tablet won't replace your smart pone. Its weird but it will actually give you a better tablet experience having both the tablet and an android phone.
    Interesting. I would love to know more. I do love my phone and can navigate everything pretty well, which I think will
    help the learning curve on the TF.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links