Thread: Undecided...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Undecided...

Hi
    and as the title says... Undecided

Still have not decided which way to go, android or apple. I am hoping this site will help me decide.

I like ASUS, my laptop is one and have never had any probs with it. But Ipad is a solid product also, just dont like their big brother approach.

So we will see...

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    170 times
    Hi Katander and welcome to the forum!

Main difference between Android and iOS is Android is OPEN and more customizable as opposed to iProducts that are locked down.

Look around and be sure to read up. I'm sure you'll get some feedback on this thread regarding Android vs iOS.
    Since this site is so new and the Transformer only a few days old and not too many have gotten their hands on one, there won't be much of user reviews for a bit.
    Stick around though before making your decision.

If it helps, check out our sister site XoomForums.com, we have a section there with threads comparing the Xoom and the iPad.
    Should help you get an idea of the differences between an Android tablet vs iPads.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks wicked
    looking forward to doing some serious research.

Super Decepticon
    Member #
    Liked
    15 times
    Welcome, anything we can do to aid the decision making process just ask

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Keep in mind, this is an Asus forum, we'll do our best, but there is likely to be a little bias!
    "...life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it."

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    365 times
    Welcome to the forum!!! Glad you found us. We are all gonna be a little biased towards Android here. I am not gonna knock Apple. They make great products. It is just they are so locked down it doesn't make it much fun for those of use that like to customize.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Hey welcome to the forums. You can also check this thread out. http://www.transformerforums.com/for...-ipad-2-a.html

Shockwave
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    Welcome. Right now the thing that the iPad has over Android tablets is the number of apps. As more and more tablets come out and time goes on that gap should begin to close.

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    also there is many things android can do that the apple just cant. IMO with an ipad you are paying mainly for a nice display and the name plus there is a ton of apps. With android you get many apps more on the way as well as customizability (if thats a word) gps like tomtom same screen types (transformer) better res 1280 x 800 over 1024 x 768 way better cameras micro sd for upgrading memory usb functionality and much much more. Some times people state the ipad seems a little faster then android tabs but thats mainly because the os aint doing anything no flash to load on pages and no widgets to load on home screens. but dont let me talk you in or out of anything do the research ...lol

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    also remember that the laptop dock adds some hours, usb ports, and a bonus sd card slot on top of your micro sd slot

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links