Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times

Download problems with Maxthon Browser HD

Hi I just wondered if any one else has these problems with the Maxthon Browser HD (latest version). I quite like the rest of the browser compared to most of the others (firefox chrome dolphin boat browser UC Browser HD stock browser).

1. When I download a file of any size say 10kB I get the error message "Oops there is not enough space on the sd card". I have a 16GB internal card with only 2GB used about 11GB free!!!!. The external card has 32 GB with only 8GB used. I have changed the settings to use the internal and external sd cards but i get the same error message. Surely this is a serious bug?

2. The bookmarks managed add on also cannot backup any bookmarks for the same reason. It says there is no space although there is 11GB free.

3. I even tried the feed back in maxthon to report this. I type my text in the window when I submit it gives me an error and says "Please type 10 - 400 characters". I have. I have typed 150 - 200 characters. But even their feedback form in their own browser does not work!!!

Is it possbile to solve these issues on the asus transformer tf101g?
    Really frustrating as I cannot find a single browser that works without problems. Or is this the fault of the asus?
    Thanks,
    Rob
    Last edited by rob54321; 02-22-2013 at 11:54 PM. Reason: spelling mistake in browser name

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1060 times
    Thread moved to Applications.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2320 times
    And not to be rude, but in an effort to try to be helpful, I have further moved your Thread into the Maxthon vendor area. Hopefully they will be able to directly assist you. I am sure that Swipe would have done that move if he had realised we have Maxthon on board.

Hi Swipe

The short answer to browsing on Android in general is that there isn't one excellent browser that does everything really well & most of us keep 2 or 3 loaded to cope with various sites & requirements.

Dolphin is my main browser, but I keep Firefox & Opera Mobile loaded as well. So it is not an issue with your TF particularly, just the way things are on Android. Similar issues happen on iOS as well.

Hope that helps

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Ads