Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Battery drain after update to Jelly Bean- am I the only one?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Battery drain after update to Jelly Bean- am I the only one?

I am very unhappy with the update on my t300. My battery drains lightning fast...all these apps keep loading in the background even after I got startup manager free and unloaded them they keep starting. Am I the only one having these issues?? Anyone know how to roll back without a total reset and/or backup Puzzle and Dragon data so you don't have to start all over again?

thanks!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Try a cold boot.

"Cold Boot (aka Hard Reset)
    Unplug the power cord and shut the unit off. Press and hold the VOL DOWN and then POWER button at the same time for at least 10-12 seconds until after the start-up screen appears and is joined by some small print at the top of the screen then let them both go. If the TF booted the way it always does, you have not accomplished the task,try again until you have seen the 2 icons in the screen.

After a few seconds you should see a couple of shapes in the middle of the screen called "Wipe Data" and "Android". The right "Android" will have a green highlight fading in and out. Wait a few more seconds until the term "Cold Booting Linux" appears in the list near the top of the screens and let it reboot. If you own a keyboard dock be sure you do this with the dock connected.

This applies to all TF models, however, if your Prime is locked up, there is a reset available using the hole just below the SD Card slot, this is NOT the same as a hard reset."

Moved to JB forum.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Your not alone. Somebody messed up. I guess it must have been Google.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    A hard reset is going to remove jelly bean? and not wipe all the current data? ...she says doubtfully

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    63 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TADunique View Post
    A hard reset is going to remove jelly bean? and not wipe all the current data? ...she says doubtfully
    A "hard reset" (cold boot) doesn't remove anything. No comment on what it actually does.

A "factory reset" wipes apps and data. It doesn't rollback the OS version (it won't remove jelly bean). There is no way to roll back OS versions without voiding your warranty.

I suggest you do not try to "unload" services. Services will run in the background automatically. There is a reason for that. If you think an app is starting too many services, uninstall it. There is also no need to kill foreground apps (cached processes) -- they only run in the foreground and use no resources when in the background.

My advice to you is to look for the misbehaving apps that could be keeping your device awake. Most likely an app is either syncing lots of data or trying to get a GPS location. Post your battery graph (Settings > Battery), and run GSam Battery Monitor or Better Battery Stats which can check for wakelocks, etc. But first, the graph. Without that, we don't know what to look for.
    alicepattinson likes this.
    Tablet: Asus TF101 B9O 16 GB + 32 GB microSD | SOC: 1.4 GHz Tegra 2 | OS: Team EOS 4 JB 4.2.2 (latest nightly) | Kernel: KAT 103 | Dock: B7O
    Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 16 GB | SOC: 1.2 GHz OMAP4 | OS: stock JB 4.1.2 (JZO54K)
    Laptop: Dell XPS 1340 | CPU: Core 2 Duo P8600 w/ 4GB DDR3 dual-channel | OS: Win7 Pro | Other: copper mod

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    13 times
    Oh yes, just try a hard reset first and let's see if it solve your problem.

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Just to try & sum up what others have advised...

1. Try a cold boot (see link in signature)
    2. Then try a Factory Reset - if you follow the guide linked from the Master Help Guide I have linked in my signature, it will take you through how to backup your app data (eg for your games) & explain what you are doing when you do a Factory Reset. It will also advise you on how to check your device for stability and how to be careful about reinstalling apps so that you can check if it is an app that is causing this battery drain.

If, after you have gone through that process, the battery drain is still present, then you have two options.
    1. Wait to see if Asus release a bug fix update
    2. Contact Asus under warranty, telling them what you have done & asking for their response.

Good luck with your efforts

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Just to try & sum up what others have advised...

1. Try a cold boot (see link in signature)
    2. Then try a Factory Reset - if you follow the guide linked from the Master Help Guide I have linked in my signature, it will take you through how to backup your app data (eg for your games) & explain what you are doing when you do a Factory Reset. It will also advise you on how to check your device for stability and how to be careful about reinstalling apps so that you can check if it is an app that is causing this battery drain.

If, after you have gone through that process, the battery drain is still present, then you have two options.
    1. Wait to see if Asus release a bug fix update
    2. Contact Asus under warranty, telling them what you have done & asking for their response.

Good luck with your efforts
    Thanks to all for responding. I will try cold boot today.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    OK. So I just had a peek at my battery usage section and was that maps and Google services have the second two spots on the list with 23 and 13% respectively. I am not sure if this is a bug because I left my GPS on accidentally for a couple of hours but that was over 30 hours ago. I also didn't think that GPS used that much battery. Does Google services tend to spike when GPS is turned on as well?
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Way back when MAPS had a serious battery drain issue due to an update if the MAP app. Uninstalling the update fixed it at the time. That was maybe a year ago.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links