Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Battery drain after update to Jelly Bean- am I the only one?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    It seems to really spike after turning on googles location service in Google now. I a,m on vacation so it is pulling up quite a bit of information but surly not enough to cause excessive battery drain.

Also I remember reading tjat 4.2.2 addressed battery issues on nexus devices, maybe we are having same problems because of 4.2.1?
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Way back when MAPS had a serious battery drain issue due to an update if the MAP app. Uninstalling the update fixed it at the time. That was maybe a year ago.
    IS there a way to uninstall an update other than resetting the tablet?

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TADunique View Post
    IS there a way to uninstall an update other than resetting the tablet?
    Doing a factory reset wouldn't help as it leaves the OS in tact. You might try going to settings > apps > all and find maps. Tap it and see if it gives the option to uninstall updates, for maps.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    38 times
    I'm trying to stop the battery drain.
    In my search through all the settings, I found the "Smart mode (Power saving)" option in the sync options of the stock email app.
    Does anybody know what this "Smart mode" exactly does and what the frequency is of syncing my mail?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TADunique View Post
    I am very unhappy with the update on my t300. My battery drains lightning fast...all these apps keep loading in the background even after I got startup manager free and unloaded them they keep starting. Am I the only one having these issues?? Anyone know how to roll back without a total reset and/or backup Puzzle and Dragon data so you don't have to start all over again?
    thanks!
    No you are not alone who have this problem, many users suffered from this battery drain problem.

sjw
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    2 times
    My battery is draining over the course of a few days too. The graph shows it draining, charging, draining charging (while the dock kicks in) and then flattens. I'll try a factory reset I think.
    One thing puzzling me is what the times mean against the battery graph - and how/when it resets. Too often I've gone to it and both are flat when left at 100%. Switching off location option seemed to make a difference but now I'm not so sure.

I've restarted it - but the battery still shows its charge over days. Is it only recharging that starts the time again? I've just restartd my S3 and the battery is a flatline and gives a time of 20 secs - what I'd expect.

On the battery setting, I can push 'REFRESH' and the time within the graph updates - but if I touch the graph, the figure at the top of the graph is th same as the previous one - but the one at the bottom (along the x axis) is 9d! - after numerous reboots..

Currently running 4.2.1 - WW_epad-10.6.1.27.5-20130902.

What's the current recommended method of resetting and re-installing - should the 'Automatic restore' option be selected. Does a factory reset then need the update applying again or does it reset to factory as though the update were applied?

Cheers all!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sjw View Post
    My battery is draining over the course of a few days too. The graph shows it draining, charging, draining charging (while the dock kicks in .

What's the current recommended method of resetting and re-installing - should the 'Automatic restore' option be selected. Does a factory reset then need the update applying again or does it reset to factory as though the update were applied?
    A sleeping device will normally discharge the battery at a rate of 2-4% overnight if all the radio (wifi, Bluetooth, GPS) options are turned off. Any app that intermittently wakes the device (email app, for example) will increase that drain. If one or more of them are turned on, then battery drain will be significantly greater. So you could reasonably expect a drain of around 8-20% in a 24 hour period, meaning a device might go completely flat in 5 days or so.

Additionally, some docked combos have occasionally been known to exhibit rapid battery drain when left docked & asleep. Sometimes this can be cured by removing any SD card that has been left in the dock.

You'll find a lot more information about charging & battery matters in our definitive guide to battery related matters on Asus tablets. You can find that thread linked from the Master Help Guide. (see link in my signature, below)

As far as the best way to Factory Reset is concerned, also in the Master Help Guide is a "how to" guide which covers the process & answers your specific questions.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 11-26-2013 at 08:52 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

sjw
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for that.
    Can you explain how the battery meter works/when it resets? It sounds a stupid question - and maybe is if yours works OK - but mine is showing it's been on for days. It has been powered off, has been reset (power and vol down button) and is now on charge. The only apps listed below are 'screen' and 'tablet idle' - no others.. when you touch the graph it goes to the other screen and the time is 9 days. Surely that's not right? (I am a fairly experienced Android user but sadly I just dread switching the Transformer on in case it's just flat, despite not being used for a day or so and is flat.)
    I'll have a read of the guide now.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    1 times
    Try to update fully or factory reset.It will be solved then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links