Thread: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean reported to have been announced by ASUS

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    You are right

Can you point me in the direction of where im to write them? I have tried to look for it on their website, but it gives me headacke. Hope you can provide me with a link or something.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I was going to do the same with the list of bugs I collected 4.2 bug list/issues to send to ASUS the last page has an email for someone at a higher level than regular customer service provided by Janner43. If you are planning to contact them about the 4.2 updated could you please send a link to that thread and mention that you are part of the forum. If people could do that it would be really great
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Will do. I will keep you informed on any answer I get.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    I have now been in contact with Asus, and informing them about all the bugs that the users of this forum have found in the Jelly Bean 4.2.1 update. Also i have now got a clear answer on why Miracast is not included (at least for the TF300)

Here is the answer from them.

Hello

to answer the question, the TF300 is not a miracast approved device from our side, so it will not work at all, sadly.
    I have also made sure i forwarded the info you sent should they want to dwelve into the bug reports you have made in the forum.

I am sorry i could not be of any more help in this, but as long as it is not classified from our side as this, it will not be able to enable this function.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post
    Can any one pleace explain to me why this feature is not avalible in the Transformer TF300? It has Tegra 3, it now has JB 4.2.1 So why does it not have Miracast?

Im disapointed
    From what I read about it, Mircast is a 4.2 feature, however it uses the 5 GHz WiFi band. Since the TF300 (and all other Asus tablets) do not have a dual band radio for WiFi, they will not support it.

Here is a list of all of the Android devices I could find that support Miracast as March 2013:
    • Nexus 4
    • Sony Xperia Z
    • Samsung Galaxy S II (called AllShare Cast)
    • Samsung Galaxy Note II (called AllShare Cast)

Yup, that's it, not even the Nexus 7 or Nexus 10 support it.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Yea, its a shame with the Asus Tablets Think im selling mine to get a samsung tablet instead.

Wireles Display is the future, so im not hanging on to this already outdated tablet.

Here is another list of devices that can run Miracast: NETGEAR Connected Entertainment

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    2 times
    Ok I don't know what possessed me to hit the update button but I did...so now I have JB4.2.1 . It was problem from getgo. Right after the update, I get a error message with the resident Asus launcher "failure". SO I thought I needed to do cold reset likeothers recommended. After depressing the volume down and on/off butto and getting the usual cold reboot screen, the "RCK" icon flashed, and it just became stuck on that..I figured it needed some time..so off to bed and 7 hrs later, it still stuck at the same spot. I pressed the on/off button and managed to turn the thing off. Restarting it seems to bring the tablet back and everything seem in place, but then running simple apps (newspaper) gets me a frozen blue scree, wifi not connecting, and Softmaker word processor frozen etc.
    So my question is...SHould I attempt another cold reset, or should I go back to JB4.1 (and how do I do that)????
    It was at least running ok then......I use this tablet at work / home lots and cant' afford to have files on it lost (I wil back up all tonight at home to SD card). BTW I'm using TF700 here.
    Very disappointed...was told by folks and friends that ASUS is a quality product, anf figured several generations of tablet and android OS later that major problems like this won't happen...........at least not at this price.
    Last edited by ncc1701d; 04-12-2013 at 11:42 AM.
    faricheng likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links