Thread: Jellybean is a disaster

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    60 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KejPi View Post
    Are you sure? I have read everywhere that trying to downgrade this way leads to bricked device. Have you tried by yourself?
    If you'll note, goodintentions has been a long time member here at this forum with over 2200 posts. They've given good advice to many other members and the knowledge has been very helpful.

Personally I have had very few issues with the update to Jelly Bean. I followed the guide listed here at this forum and it worked flawlessly!

[GUIDE] How to update your firmware OTA - incremental changes & full OS updates.
    I never learned from a man who agreed with me.
    ~Robert A. Heinlein~

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by KejPi View Post
    Are you sure? I have read everywhere that trying to downgrade this way leads to bricked device. Have you tried by yourself?
    I've done it twice. I was one of those that forgot to ota rootkeep my device. So, I downgraded using this method. Then I rooted. And my dumbass forgot to ota rootkeep it again when I upgraded to JB. Had to downgrade, root, and upgrade again but this time with rootkeeper.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    I've done it twice. I was one of those that forgot to ota rootkeep my device. So, I downgraded using this method. Then I rooted. And my dumbass forgot to ota rootkeep it again when I upgraded to JB. Had to downgrade, root, and upgrade again but this time with rootkeeper.
    You are rooted. Can a stock unrooted Transformer be rolled back to ICS from Jelly Bean ? That question was asked in this forum and Asus said their wasn't a method as of the end of August 2012:

Has anyone tried to revert to ICS from Jelly Bean on the TF300T?

Last edited by Swipe; 11-04-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    You are rooted. Can a stock unrooted Transformer be rolled back to ICS from Jelly Bean ? That question was asked in this forum and Asus said their wasn't a method as of the end of August 2012:

Has anyone tried to revert to ICS from Jelly Bean on the TF300T?

You don't understand. I wasn't rooted both the times I downgraded to ICS. Why else would I downgrade then upgrade if it wasn't for regaining root access?

Added by edit.

Look, you're quoting asus support, you know, the same support that told users the tf101 only had 1 speaker.

As far as I know, there are 3 ways to downgrade to ICS. My method for dummies, unlock, and cwm.

My method does not require unlocking. If you use the unlocking method, there is a way to re-lock the tablet. But again, it requires some modding yoga.

Edit again.

There's a reason those tech support work for... tech support. This is one of those real life vs tech manual kinda thing.
    Last edited by goodintentions; 11-04-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    I pased on a link to an earlier discussion about downgrading. Someone else quoted Asus tech support in that thread. I posted the link mainly due to Kejpi saying he "read everywhere that it bricks tablets". If it doesn't that is great.

The TF101 has 2 speakers ?? Cool. I'll tell Asus support.
    Last edited by Swipe; 11-04-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    11 times
    Okay... Almost flawless. Wasn't getting any sound through the speaker or the audio out. Checked everything. Hmmmmmm... Had a thought. Did a cold boot as described elsewhere in this forum (thanks, boys!). Ta-da! The sound came back. Have had no other issues.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    51 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    You don't understand. I wasn't rooted both the times I downgraded to ICS. Why else would I downgrade then upgrade if it wasn't for regaining root access?

Added by edit.

Look, you're quoting asus support, you know, the same support that told users the tf101 only had 1 speaker.

As far as I know, there are 3 ways to downgrade to ICS. My method for dummies, unlock, and cwm.

My method does not require unlocking. If you use the unlocking method, there is a way to re-lock the tablet. But again, it requires some modding yoga.

Edit again.

There's a reason those tech support work for... tech support. This is one of those real life vs tech manual kinda thing.
    The method for dummies as described by goodintentions has several posts on XDA as being successful. This method is also what I was indicating when I said searching XDA and downgrading via stock recovery in my previous post.

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post

The TF101 has 2 speakers ?? Cool. I'll tell Asus support.
    Ya, haha. Last year, my sister's tf101's left speaker crapped out on her. She called tech support to send in for repair under warranty. The tech support told her it only had 1 speaker like the ipad. I've also seen a couple people on here reporting asus tech support telling them the same thing when one of their speakers crapped out on them. I wonder how many people they told this to before something caught on in their brain.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dcho View Post
    After the initial update to jellybean, I felt like I should have gone to iOS. The lag was the worst of it and was horrendous. After a factory reset and re installation of my apps, very smooth and overall a major improvement. I am back to loving my tf300.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I cannot root my tf700 cos' it's latest version--4.1.1..ONly way for me is flash with clean rom..It's unlocked tf700, but i cannot root, 'cos' app for that job is not updated for my 4.1.1 version of JB.
    Last edited by sculptedstylus; 11-05-2012 at 04:09 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times
    my tf700 infinity on jelly bean is a total disaster....If i decide to sell, i will lose $$, so i am stuck with him...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links