*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    Quote Originally Posted by PAB5204 View Post
    This mirrors an article from over on Phandroid or Android Central or Android Police. One of those three where they listed which devices they felt would likely get Jelly Bean. In that article they mentioned it was unlikely that the TF101 would get Jelly Bean, but that the Tegra 3 based Transformers likely would.

However....I understand the TF101 Transformers have sold far more copies than the Prime or TF300, so, given the Xoom is getting it, would that make sense?

In any case, they admitted in the article that this was simply their best guesses, and they have no official information. It's possible that an article like that gets picked up by a writer in another country, possibly taken as fact, and then repeated.....and consequently you start having an internet myth about what updates will or won't be done.

Until ASUS comes out and officially says no, I'm going to cross my fingers.

They were one of the companies who supposedly had that 18 month agreement with Google. The TF101 came out in April 2011....so 18 months would mean October 2012 before support ends. The fact that the Xoom will run it would make me very suspicious if they didn't.

One question though....if there is no official port, does that mean that we couldn't root it, and stick whatever version of Cyanogen Mod onto it that supports Jelly Bean?

PAB5204
    That pretty much mirrors my information and assessment.

The TF101 is not that old, and the PRIME and 300 are still going through their updated ICS girations.

While I am not at all a proponent or believe in rooting any tablet...if this becomes necessary to get JB - that would likely encourage millions of other TF101 owners to do it (too).
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times
    i think you need at least two confirming sources before you start to burn the Asus man in effigy,, i dont know what is for true or not but this is the latest blurb from German face book.. taken from XDA forum..

Exclamation tf101 IS getting the 4.1 update
    Asus denies the rumors via their german Facebook page:

"We need do deny this clear. Our colleagues from the Netherlands have made no statement about TF101/SL101, but merely confirmed that TF201/TF300/TF700 are going to receive an update to JB. The converse, that TF101/SL101 wont get an update to JB is not true. According to current knowledge, an Android 4.1 update will come for our users of older TF101/SL101.

www#facebook#com/media/set/?set=a.345993925469635.70474.127204164015280&type= 1&comment_id=2749862&offset=0&total_comments=26"

Best Regards
    Bernhard

credit given.. Bernard...

xda-developers - View Single Post - Jelly Bean NOT coming to the TF101 (at least, not officially)

and i look at some of the post of the OP of the thread.. on XDA and it looks like knoxploration or what ever seems to really have a whiny axe to grind.. JMHO... i just consider the source on a lot of this
    PAB5204 and garcij1964 like this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by scuzzo View Post
    Exclamation tf101 IS getting the 4.1 update
    Asus denies the rumors via their german Facebook page:

"We need do deny this clear. Our colleagues from the Netherlands have made no statement about TF101/SL101, but merely confirmed that TF201/TF300/TF700 are going to receive an update to JB. The converse, that TF101/SL101 wont get an update to JB is not true. According to current knowledge, an Android 4.1 update will come for our users of older TF101/SL101.

www#facebook#com/media/set/?set=a.345993925469635.70474.127204164015280&type= 1&comment_id=2749862&offset=0&total_comments=26"

xda-developers - View Single Post - Jelly Bean NOT coming to the TF101 (at least, not officially)
    Maybe it's just me looking through rose coloured glasses... But Scuzzo's source seems to be the most credible. I hope so anyway. In which case there is no reason to stop crossing our fingers that our TF101 users will get a JB upgrade.

Having said that my TF101 does everything I need it to do and then some, and it has been pretty stable. The benefits of using the TF101 have arisen from its connectivity and versatility, rather than whether it ran HC or ICS.... and many have found the ICS upgrade less than satisfactory. I suspect it will be the same with JB.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    We need to deny this clear. Colleagues from the Netherlands have made no statement about TF101/SL101, but merely confirms that a Jelly Bean TF201/TF300/TF700 update be received. The converse, that is not TF101/SL101 JB update will be false and pure speculation. According to current knowledge, and users of older TF101/SL101 enjoy an Android 4.1 update will come.
    Sometimes i hate the internet's mis-information.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    The problem is that the "official" ASUS FB pages have provided conflicting information in the past (remember the ICS upgrade). The only way you will know for sure is when it happens or very close to that time. Until then we will get rumor after rumor and won't really know until they actually do it.

In another post it was stated that the TF101 has sold more copies than any of the later ASUS offerings, this might actually work against us as many of us have stuck with the old TF101 rather than upgrading as it performs well and we already have sunk the cash. One way to gently push us towards a newer product is to NOT upgrade the TF101 to Jelly Bean.

Mike

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    5 times

Good news regarding JB on TF101 (SL101)

Hey folks, I have some great News!

On their german facebookpage, Asus Germany denied the rumors that their first gen tablets wont be updated to 4.1! Only letdown is that they didn't announce any time periods for the updates to arrive. Only thing we know by now, is that every tab will get JB. So a big thumbs up for Asus, for keeping their entire line of tablets up-to-date and I hope they don't srew up like their catastrophic ICS update on the original Transformer...

Here's the source: click

It's german, but Google will translate it for you
    Frederuco likes this.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Thanks for the update. Merged with the OFFICAL Jellybean thread and updated the OP.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    5 times
    Oh I've overseen the thread... shame on me! It's been awhile since I've last been here and was too exited to post correctly! Only this time I'm waiting on some reviews first, and do not jump directly on the JB wagon!
    Frederuco likes this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    Somebody the german and dutch translations better a job make of for english readers. It for real a hash job makes of it the translation process. Makes hilarious reading of for it.

s.p forward looking to it I am the jelly bean sandwich ice cream update. A meal right made of it google the transition smooth honeycomb ice cream to sandwich from.
    Last edited by Droidoid; 07-17-2012 at 06:28 AM.
    grubble and MA83 like this.
    TF 101 and Dock assisted by Apple - NZ Droider

The Voyage of the Wangdangdoodler

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    6 times
    ​Asus Transformer - 16Gb + Dock & LG GW620 Eve - CyanogenMod 2.2.1
    Bought my transformer, later that day... ASUS TRANSFORMER PRIME ANNOUCED
    My reaction: