Like Tree47Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL] TF101 JellyBean Thread

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    10 times
    I don't like to rely on tech support opinion either, but if he didn't know about it he would have no reason to say a word about it. Besides, if you manage to make Asus spit out a word regarding further upd(gr)ades, feel free to try it and see if it works out.
    Anyway I think he made his point, we should just expect ICS updates from now on, should any update hit our device sooner or later.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    912 times
    I went back to my original contact who told me a couple of months back that TF101 was getting Jelly Bean.

He told me ASUS encountered a number of issues in their Alpha testing and even in the internal Beta...also said "don't hold your breath that it'll ever get released". So I've formally given up.

It looks like rooting may be the only way.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA w/128GB microSD, and now running Windows 10

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times
    its super easy to root this device now.. mho.. just get out of the shadow of ASUS tech support and let XDA continue from then on... the EOS4 seem to me at least as just about rock solid.. at least more solid then the ICS firm ware.. its dont a difficult process just follows freds rooting thread... all done.
    Frederuco likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Great so even though the Transformer TF101 has the specs to run Jelly Bean, ASUS won't release it? Android has really started to annoy me, even if Google touts the damn thing as an "open" system. The only problem I have with rooting the Transformer and adding in a custom rom is that there are apps in the Play Store that will not run/install becuase the device is rooted. I think Flixster is one of those apps which i use, is there any way around apps that will not install becuase it's rooted? Other apps like cartoon network app etc. Any help or more clarification about that is much appreciated...

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a asus PC, Laptop, and the tf101. I will upgrade my laptop and tablet but for another Asus. Tabblet will be a Nexus 10 so I have always the latest Android althow I would prefer a Asus. Laptop wont be asus too, and that is just because they let me down with tf101 android update to jelly bean.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    The ony official ASUS statement in this thread is that the Transformers WILL get ICS 'in the coming months'. Since this was nearly a year ago do we assume it was kicked into the long grass? Have ASUS said anything further?

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links