Like Tree47Likes

Thread: [OFFICIAL] TF101 JellyBean Thread

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    392 times
    My 101 will have jellybean... in xda I trust!
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Merged with the Official TF101 Jellybean thread.

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 2.X
    Liked
    17 times
    seems XDA is not thwarted in the least with this news... and i have been looking for a reason to root.. guess this is that reason.. but i will wait more of concrete news before i reach for pitchforks and torches,,,, just gotta read up on all that rooting and roms and all that,,, thanks for the push ASUS..

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    145 times
    Yep. XDA will come to the rescue and patch JB to fit the 101's.
    TF101 B70 series, USA running Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3, rooted. 64gb microSDXC, keyboard dock with 32gb microSDHC in an adapter
    Dell Streak 7 running Honeycomb 3.2, rooted. 64gb SDXC. Mainly used as a music player.
    Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider, rooted -- frequently used as WiFi hotspot. 16gb microSDHC.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    That's one big benefit of owning a great, well supported, popular tablet. Some Android Tablet owners may never see ICS.

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    That's one big benefit of owning a great, well supported, popular tablet. Some Android Tablet owners may never see ICS.
    Or JellyBean

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Shockwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    57 times
    oems are ruining it for everyone per usual, vanilla android on all machines with perloaded tweeks from google (hardware keyboard, screen size etc ) should be the way google should do it. Nvidia is a joke, can't even make their tegra function normally because of drivers.

B60 TF101 16gb lWW version. Never rooted.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fozzie View Post
    The information on the list is this
    "However, considering its age, we wouldn’t be shocked to see the tablet [TF101] not get the bump to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean."

I don't think this is more than just pure speculation based on gut feeling rather than anything else. So we'll just see what happens, Asus has been generous so far with updates...
    This mirrors an article from over on Phandroid or Android Central or Android Police. One of those three where they listed which devices they felt would likely get Jelly Bean. In that article they mentioned it was unlikely that the TF101 would get Jelly Bean, but that the Tegra 3 based Transformers likely would.

However....I understand the TF101 Transformers have sold far more copies than the Prime or TF300, so, given the Xoom is getting it, would that make sense?

In any case, they admitted in the article that this was simply their best guesses, and they have no official information. It's possible that an article like that gets picked up by a writer in another country, possibly taken as fact, and then repeated.....and consequently you start having an internet myth about what updates will or won't be done.

Until ASUS comes out and officially says no, I'm going to cross my fingers.

They were one of the companies who supposedly had that 18 month agreement with Google. The TF101 came out in April 2011....so 18 months would mean October 2012 before support ends. The fact that the Xoom will run it would make me very suspicious if they didn't.

One question though....if there is no official port, does that mean that we couldn't root it, and stick whatever version of Cyanogen Mod onto it that supports Jelly Bean?

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    135 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ovdevil View Post
    Translation from Dutch:

ASUS has today at a press launch its latest tablet shown. The manufacturer showed two months ago launched Transformer Pad 300 and last week launched Infinity Pad Transformer TF700. In itself does not particularly new. However, ASUS did have an interesting news about the Android 4.1 update for the Jelly Bean Transformer tablets.
    Android Jellybean

Late last month, Google unveiled the latest version of the Android operating system, Android 4.1 Jellybean . The only tablet currently equipped with this version of Android is the 7 inch Nexus 7 tablet, which appears in the Netherlands in September. About the updates that other tablets can expect is much uncertainty but ASUS has tonight been some confusion removed.
    Transformer updates

Sam was Tablets Magazine present at the press conference and gave ASUS confirmed that not all tablets of the manufacturer can expect an update to the newest version of Android. The Eee Pad Transformer TF201 Prime, the Transformer pad 300 and the Infinity Pad Transformer TF700 certainly be fitted with Android 4.1 Jellybean.
    The previously launched models, the Eee Pad Transformer TF101 and the Eee Pad Slider, do not expect to update and will remain on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich stabbing.
    When the update will be rolled out is not yet clear but ASUS will, as with previous updates, go to the first manufacturers belong. Earlier this month, gave a British retailer that the Nexus 7 three months would be exclusively equipped with Android 4.1 Jellybean. This would mean that the first updates will appear anywhere in October. Google itself has not confirmed.
    I think I'll wait for an official word from ASUS.

Worst case scenario, I guess this will be when I learn about rooting.

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    All I know is that my TF101 just hit 1 year old. In that time HC was rock solid and would run weeks before I rebooted it for what ever reason. Since ICS, I've never had a stable tablet again. I'm not rooted, I've factory reset with pixie dust and still I have an unstable B60. Just today, it SOD 3 times. This is a software problem, it is not a hardware problem.

If ASUS cannot provide a fix for this tablet, and they choose to skip Jelly Bean as an update. I will root just like my EVO 4G, and in the future I will look to another manufacturer to provide me with my next tablet and ASUS will loose a long time customer.

But I will hold out hope that ASUS will be the awesome company I've grown to love. Oh the products I've purchased from them...

/frustrated consumer rant

Don't be mean, gimme the Bean

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links