Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times

Recent TF101 experience with RMA for ICS

Like several others I have read about on these forums, I experienced a great deal of problems after making the initial update to ICS. While on Honeycomb, everything ran flawlessly, other than the stock browser occasionally closing. After ICS, lots of reboots, hang at the boot screen, massive battery drain, all that good stuff. Each update would solve one thing only to generate another problem. I believe I had tried all the tips and tricks, hard resets, factory resets, loading all apps, loading no apps, manually loading apps, etc. After the .21 update I'd had enough.

Went to Asus online, set up an RMA request, packaged everything up (after taking dated pictures of all angles of the Transformer), and sent it off insured to UPS. Total of about 11 days from me sending it off to receiving it back. When it returned, it already had .24 loaded. I believe this was the same day or day after the .24 update went live. Charged it up and loaded all my apps back on (about 55 apps). It has now been up for a continuous 91 hours (as shown on CPU Spy) without a reboot, locked screen, or any other hiccup. I went from Friday night at full charge on tablet and dock to recharging Monday night when the tablet was at 83% and dock at 3%.

They have made it a happy toy again. I'm very pleased with this tablet on ICS now, and thinking very seriously about buying the extended warranty that Asus offers.

It very well may be as some have suggested and there are slightly different internals in some of these that don't take well to the updates and have to be sorted manually. I think I would reccomend if you are still under warranty and having issues, RMA it and get back the device doing what it was meant to do.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    471 times
    Welcome!

Good to hear your a happy user now.

Moved to ICS.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I'm glad you posted your positive RMA experience! There have been a group of members who claim they have tried everything and just can't get their TF's up and running smoothly. I don't know how many times these members have been told if none of our suggestions have worked, then it is time to RMA your tablet and get Asus to properly install ICS for you. I am so glad you went ahead and did this and your outcome was good. At least with an RMA you have a 50/50 shot that your tablet will come back workable again. Otherwise no shot if you just let it sit there collecting dust.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links