Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: ICS tf101 reboots - The definitive thread!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    Im new to the forum. Got my TF101G in June 2012 & was immediately upgraded from HC to ICS. I only started having these cyclical booting & freezes in Dec 2012. Im not very savvy with all the terms been thrown around in these forums. Have done one system wipe & have done the power / volume key dance uncountable times. Im really fedup now. theres no pattern to my reboots. Happened once when i switched on the bluetooth. Last nite i was using Tubemate to download Youtube videos when it went off again. When it does finally boot it hapopens so randomly often im not sure what i did to make it boot! MY ICS is stock im not yet savvy enough to root or mess around as a result a lot of what is being proposed online is beyond my current skills. My Laptop running Win 7 wont even recognise the tablet now. I love this device but im reallyfed up now. I have the dock & if this is being monitored by ASUS what do i do? I live in South Africa.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2261 times
    Welcome to the forum Davy

I am sorry you are only just experiencing this now, but the blunt truth is that all the information that might help you is in this thread. If you are still getting the problem after trying all that you read here then, honestly you are just going to have to endure the occasional reboot.

Asus no longer support the tf101/g - they have moved on with 3 subsequent models since that original transformer & there have been no official updates for many, many months now.

As far as your laptop no longer recognising the device - that is pretty commonplace & is often not resolvable either, but the recommended way to transfer material too & from a PC is to enable File Sharing on your laptop & then install ES File Manager from the Play Store on your TF - you can then transfer files wirelessly at around 65mbs (which should be fast enough for most folks )

All the best

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    Janner43,
    Thanks for your really quick response although im quite disappointed by the news u are giving me. The reboots are not occational. Ive lost count of how many times since December ive had this. The current downtime is now in its second day & as im typing this im staring at the Asus boot screen with the white dots going round & round. All these episodes last 2 to 3 days before i get it back With ASUS no longer supporting then im stuck with a 7 month old brick + a useless dock. Its less than 12 months can i still use my warranty? Im going to use the pwr/vol key combination to do a factory data wipe reset (2nd time). If i succeed what do u suggest i do after that? Your help is greatly appretiated.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2261 times
    Hi Davy,

As your device is the age it is - only 7 months old - I would have no hesitation in returning it to Asus. They have been known to change quite a few internal components - sometimes the main board & then the problem goes away.

I hadn't realised you were still within warranty - Factory Reset it to protect your privacy, thoroughly document the frequency of your reboots & when & how they occur (a few examples will be fine) & then get in touch with Asus. I am sure they will be able to vastly improve on the stability of your device. Alternatively, return it to your retailer for a credit towards a different device. Asus have been known to offer full credit towards a different device as well, dependant on where you are in the world & the type of aftercare they offer in that particular locality.

Good luck & let us know how you get on.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    81 times
    The current downtime is now in its second day & as im typing this im staring at the Asus boot screen with the white dots going round & round. All these episodes last 2 to 3 days before i get it back
    Does this mean what I think it does -that when it shuts itself down it can be 2 or 3 days before it will turn on again?

If so, that's way different to the random reboots that this thread discusses and definitely sounds like a hardware issue. Since it still under warranty it needs to go back.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a random reboot problem recently for the first time in almost two years of excellent use. Checking my usage I noted that the DoubleTwist app was using resources even though I wasn't using it. I Uninstalled DoubleTwist and no reboots whatever since (ten days) - runs for up to two days non-stop!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101G
    Liked
    0 times
    Well i did a factory reset via pwr/vol down & started to reinstall my apps a few at a time. So far so good. 2 days now. Ive even used the bluetooth which triggered on of my shutdowns. Jury is stillout. Im using the wakelock app by the way. Will report progress

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvan View Post
    As for #3 in OP, the wifi sleep function does not work at all. Wifi stays on regardless of this setting is on or off. Solution, turn off wifi manually and tablet has not rebooted or locked up in 2 weeks.
    Thanks for this solution, it is work for me very nicely.

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47

Ads