Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: KNOWN PROBLEM APPS after the latest Android v4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) 3/12 UPDATE

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    896 times

Exclamation KNOWN PROBLEM APPS after the latest Android v4.x (Ice Cream Sandwich) 3/12 UPDATE

Prior to this most recent Android v4.x update (aka ICS - Ice Cream Sandwich) on the Transformer TF101 - certain apps were reported to cause tablet mis-behavior, including lockups, reboots, and other negative user experiences.

Now that the update has been pushed out to many users of the original Transformer, and the number of problems appear to be drastically reduced...we should regroup regarding reports on apps still needing fixes.

It is important to note that certain apps still need updates to be ICS compatible. Often, the app release notes at the Android Market reflect ICS compatiblity if they have been updated.

Please post/report here if you have a specific app that continues to cause problems on your TF101 Transformer AFTER you have received/downloaded the latest ICS update that was pushed out starting 3/12/12.

Thank you.
    Last edited by ASUSFAN0001; 03-14-2012 at 07:34 AM.
    OWNER OF ASUS 64GB T100TA WIN 8.1 & ASUS TF101 ANDROID TABLETS

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    896 times
    Looks like I get to be the "lucky one" to first report on a problem app since the latest 3/12/12 ICS update.

Having enjoyed the opportunity to have lunch with one of the Moderators here today, he got to see what I am reporting firsthand.

On my TFT101....the base ASUS Bookmark Widget has started "acting" abnormal, whereby the bookmarked Icons for sites begin to sporatically flash on and off when at the first starting page on the tablet. Swiping to another page and returning tends to stop this anomoly.

I have been able to replicate this 4 times today alone, including after a full reset (POWER + VOLUME DOWN). It would appear that since the widget itself never had these symptoms before, the latest ICS update introduced something causing this phenomenon.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    896 times
    Google Earth. BACKUP FIXED

This app just got updated today (to v6.2). It has been months since this app was updated.

In the past, if you ran/used the ASUS Base Backup app, Earth was the only app that would not back up successfully out of 87 on my tablet. It always reported an error, even going back to the Honeycomb OS version (v3.2.1), as well as ICS 4.0.3. I've also seen past reports of issues with the Google Earth Transformer app itself just in terms of lockups and such.

I downloaded the update minutes ago, and re-ran the Backup APP. Good news - the app backed up along with all the others, so it appears that at least one problem has been resolved with the new Earth version. I intend to extensively test out the app itself in terms of operating as well.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    139 times
    I may be able to report issues with Box, and Dropbox. I installed them after the update yesterday, and last evening experienced my a random reboot in sleep mode. This is only second time it's happened in a week. The first time was *immediately* after installing Friendcaster Chat, which I've removed (after which didn't have another reboot until last night).

I can say that before the reboot, Feedly was another problem app.....but I haven't tried using it since the update yesterday....and Feedly itself hasn't been updated since before Christmas.

Finally, Dolphin Browser HD seems very unstable. It force closes alot.

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times

Flickering ASUS bookmark widget

I had this happen to me as well after the new update on the 12th. Eventually my bookmarks were deleted from the stock browser without warning, and I was unable to get them to sync back. I did eventually find a way to fix it, and so far it seems pretty good. This has been my only issue since the new update, and I was victim to the reset problems before. As I have posted elsewhere I do not believe I have given the TF ample time to screw up yet, so too soon to say all is good. If your bookmarks end up going away, see my post in the bookmark thread.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...tml#post154168

This forum has been really helpful

PS the flickering still occurs occasionally so the fix noted only brings back the bookmarks. I am betting the flickering is happening during sync. I notice after the Google sync data clean up process as described above, the flickering happens less frequently....I think.
    Last edited by grape; 03-14-2012 at 09:06 PM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    896 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nelmo View Post
    I just did a check and there was no new update since I installed about 2 weeks ago (v4.0.3) - is there a newer version?
    Yes. A TF101 Android 4.0.3 version update/patch began to push out on 3/12/12 in the U.S. and Canada.

There's a different thread on that other topic here:

ICS Update Rolling Out for TF-101 Only

This thread is for post-ICS-update reports on specific app mis-behavior (as indicated in the 1st posts).
    Last edited by ASUSFAN0001; 03-15-2012 at 04:46 AM.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    896 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ameenibrahim View Post
    Lots of issues in my TF 101

1. My Tablets gets rebooted for No reason
    2. When battery is fully drained it doesnt gets shutdown but gets rebooted and gets struck in the ASUS loading screen. Have to do a long press on power button to shutdown.
    3. While using any keyboard if switch/recent application button is clicked the screen flares up with half milk white screen.
    4. Lots of running gameLoft applications crashed!!! Mission Combat 3, NOVA 2 crashed!!!
    You seem to have several issues in play - please report those in the Transformer Help thread.

That said...based on the highlighted information...this seems to support previous posts from others that game apps are prime suspects for "issues". It is also unclear that the update was implemented on your device...as your other symptoms aren't consistent with post-update reports by others.

In any case - PLEASE report on specific known app issues after the ICS update on 3/12/12 ONLY in this particular thread.

Ironhide
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    139 times
    Flash Player is working for me after update...

It *did* reset Opera so that it doesn't play Flash immediately...but that's easily correctable. Default Android browser also plays Flash correctly. Haven't tried Dolphin, as I've found it unstable on ICS so haven't been using it.

PAB5204
    ASUS TF700 and dock
    Linksys E4200 Router
    Galaxy S3
    iPhone 4S
    iPad Gen 1

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100
    Liked
    896 times
    Let me make one more reminder - this thread is to report known problem apps along with the experience of those apps (only) causing mis-behavior on the TF101.

Off topic posts will be deleted going forward.
    Last edited by ASUSFAN0001; 03-16-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    14 times

OverSkreen app causes app icon/widgets to disappear

When I tested the OverSkreen v1.2.0 app on my ICS TF101, I noticed that randomly the icons and widgets on the home screens could all disappear. As of this posting I have the most up-to-date firmware

I could get them back by stopping the Launcher process but the issue could just come back. My remedy was to uninstall OverSkreen and only reinstall it when I wanted to use it. Reboots also brought back the app icons/widgets but the issue could come back at any moment.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads