Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: [HOWTO UPDATE - WHEN ALL ELSE FAIL]Update to ICS and other major firmware updates

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    One last question: If I wanted to root my TF running ICS, can I just follow the instructions up until it is rooted??
    Asus Transformer TF101 rooted (and kabooted) and running Ice Cream Sandwich (and it is delicious)
    Samsung Galaxy s2 running Ice Cream Sandwich
    "...this isn't rocket science! It's brain surgery!" -C. Montgomery Burns

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Nope. I will edit the original post for you to root ICS later tonite. Stay tuned.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks! Looking forward to it
    Asus Transformer TF101 rooted (and kabooted) and running Ice Cream Sandwich (and it is delicious)

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Screw it. I'm drunk. I'll write something tomorrow.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I would have made the same decision.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    I am getting stuck with the very first step. I am trying to update from .17 to .24 when I download and unzip the firmware update from the Asus website there is no update file and I can't find any more .zip files at all. Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by kodyantisdel; 06-05-2012 at 12:38 AM. Reason: My initial post seemed confusing, the way I worded the sentence

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by kodyantisdel View Post
    I am getting stuck with the very first step. I am trying to update from .17 to .24 when I download and unzip the firmware update from the Asus website there is no update file and I can't find any more .zip files at all. Am I doing something wrong?
    Dude, this is for when all else fail. For your case, you don't need such a drastic solution.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    First, I'd like to say that this is an excellent guide and I'd like to thank you for posting it.

Second, I just recently bought a TF101 and have been terrified to root it and install ROMs due to my device having the SBKv2. From what I understand, if I somehow lock myself out of the OS and out of recovery, I'm pretty much screwed. This is a new idea for me because the only other Android device I've had is a Motorola Droid X, and I can just SBF it back to stock if anything happens. It's not a big deal. Granted, I've never had any problems and have never needed to SBF it (even though I do it before installing a new ROM every time). My question to you is, how likely is it that I will screw up my TF101 so bad that it's not recoverable? I am by no means an idiot - I have some experience with Linux, and have been doing desktop support for most of my life. I'm not worried about being able to "follow instructions." I'm mainly concerned that something will go wrong with rooting or installing a ROM that will damage the device beyond repair. Are my concerns unfounded?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    467 times
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoticyeshua View Post
    First, I'd like to say that this is an excellent guide and I'd like to thank you for posting it.

Second, I just recently bought a TF101 and have been terrified to root it and install ROMs due to my device having the SBKv2. From what I understand, if I somehow lock myself out of the OS and out of recovery, I'm pretty much screwed. This is a new idea for me because the only other Android device I've had is a Motorola Droid X, and I can just SBF it back to stock if anything happens. It's not a big deal. Granted, I've never had any problems and have never needed to SBF it (even though I do it before installing a new ROM every time). My question to you is, how likely is it that I will screw up my TF101 so bad that it's not recoverable? I am by no means an idiot - I have some experience with Linux, and have been doing desktop support for most of my life. I'm not worried about being able to "follow instructions." I'm mainly concerned that something will go wrong with rooting or installing a ROM that will damage the device beyond repair. Are my concerns unfounded?
    They broke the v2 code last week. This means that it is now 99.99% impossible to screw up your device beyond repair. There is still a .01% chance of a permanent apx bootloop, which as far as I know no one has been able to figure out a way to fix.
    URL Removed by Jeffrey

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by goodintentions View Post
    They broke the v2 code last week. This means that it is now 99.99% impossible to screw up your device beyond repair. There is still a .01% chance of a permanent apx bootloop, which as far as I know no one has been able to figure out a way to fix.
    Does this mean that nvflash will now work with TF101 SBKv2 devices? Or will we flash it back to stock some other way? Can you PM me a link? I haven't seen anything regarding SBK v2 code getting cracked.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links