Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    45 times

Thumbs up List of TF101 ICS issues:

Here's my list of problems since the upgrade:

Hardware menu key doesn't work on home page.

Volume wasn't working at first, but a reboot 'seems' to have fixed it.

The tablet had completely shut down when I got up this morning (rather than simply staying in sleep mode as normal). I restarted and new problems appeared:

Wifi keeps (at least once each hour) losing my network connection, saying no wifi in range (it's on the desk less than 2' from the router). Have to switch wifi off and back on to get it to work.

This issue is now solved - see post #11 in this thread:
    I leave the docked screen open (as in not closed like a lappy) and use the power button to make it sleep or leave it to time out. Until today, that worked. Now, the screen keeps waking up and displaying the lock screen over and over again. When the screen is awake I can leave it to time out after 2 minutes, but it then wakes up again after around 20-30 seconds and stays awake for another 2 minutes. This happens even when I use the power button to make it sleep. I can't get this behaviour to stop and it's driving me up the wall. It's not caused by any notifications, there's just nothing to indicate why it keeps waking up.

The hardware keyboard sometimes works when the tablet wakes, sometimes not. Can't see a pattern here yet and can't reproduce it.

That's all I've found so far, anyone else got any to add? I really want to like ICS, but all of the above are too annoying to live with and it worries me that new problems have appeared 24hrs or so after upgrading. I'll report all this to ASUS, but I am off to XDA soon to root the tablet and pick another ROM that works properly.
    Last edited by Leaston; 02-27-2012 at 03:47 PM.
    devade99 likes this.
    Asus Eee Transformer TF101 with dock (both B70) and Android ICS v4.0.3
    Rooted using ViperMOD PrimeTime 4.5 Root (again)

Rooting, the easy way - HERE
    How to perform a factory reset - HERE
    Anti-virus and Malware help & advice - HERE

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My biggest peeve after installing ICS is with Gmail. The Gmail app is very flaky. It keeps closing and doesn't bring up messages consistently. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    ICS upgrade went perfectly well. No data lost, all applications running fine, in fact most programs appear to be more responsive.
    All in all a great upgrade

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    4 times
    I had been getting the random reboots/freeze but I've gone over 24 hrs without one (since I uninstalled 'Beautiful Widgets' and 'Multi Picture Live', perhaps a coincidence though.)

Something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that 'My Library' can't handle .txt files very well anymore. In HC you could flip through the pages with zero issues, in ICS it freezes after a few pages and most of the options are blanked out at the top. It works a little better in portrait - the options such as search, dictionary etc. are avaliable and it lasts a little longer before getting the "Not Responding" message while flipping through. It's a pity a I loved reading books this way before.

Also, a minor issue, but there is always screen tearing in the top left of the 'You Tube' app.
    Cathy9887 and hobbitgrannie like this.

JTW
    Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    +1 for the gmail issue, it crashes quite often under ICS, otherwise so far so good.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    15 times
    Quote Originally Posted by caspersghost View Post
    I had been getting the random reboots/freeze but I've gone over 24 hrs without one (since I uninstalled 'Beautiful Widgets' and 'Multi Picture Live', perhaps a coincidence though.)

Something I haven't seen mentioned anywhere is that 'My Library' can't handle .txt files very well anymore. In HC you could flip through the pages with zero issues, in ICS it freezes after a few pages and most of the options are blanked out at the top. It works a little better in portrait - the options such as search, dictionary etc. are avaliable and it lasts a little longer before getting the "Not Responding" message while flipping through. It's a pity a I loved reading books this way before.

Also, a minor issue, but there is always screen tearing in the top left of the 'You Tube' app.
    MyLibrary also closes after bookmarking pages.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sound is too low now, can no longer here the keyboard.
    Will not charge unless turned off and then it takes 12 hours just for 50%
    WiFi loses connection

but the rest is great.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've been very very happy, with the exception of:

1 - I had read that ICS would bring Cisco VPN AnyConnect compatibility....seems not to be the case. I HATE that our POS iPad can get to my work VPN with zero issues and yet I cannot do it on the Transformer.

2 - This morning woke up to a dead battery. First time that has happened. I kept it on last night like I do everynight, but it wouldn't boot up b/c the battery was dead. Plugged it in and it booted up so I went into battery settings and the little graph shows that the battery dropped like a rocket sometime early this morning; the line was pretty much vertically down.

3 - Related to 2, above -- How come under battery settings, it says "battery usage data not available"? Was this available before? I thought it was. I know it is on my Droid X and I'm pretty certain I looked at it on the TF before ICS.

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Back up your apps, do wipe data and it works like a charm At least it did for me after similar issues..
    janner43 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Sound is too low to hear - even with powered speaker

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links