Thread: Reboot loop less than 36 hrs after ICS upgrade

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times

Reboot loop less than 36 hrs after ICS upgrade

I encountered an issue today that concerned me quite a bit. An hour or so after setting my TF101 and dock down, I opened it up and found it at the black ASUS reboot screen. Then the screen went black, rebooted over and over and over. It would not respond to a single press of the power button.

I regained control by holding the power button down for about 10 seconds, or until it seemed that the screen was staying off. Once I released the button, the ASUS logo came up again, and then went to the startup screen with the rotating circles. A few seconds later, it was back up again.

Hopefully that was an isolated incident, but it does concern me a bit. Earlier today it took 5 minutes or more for the "DUAL BATTERY" indicator I use to detect that there was more than a 0% charge on the dock battery, after an overnight charge. After it came to its senses, it registered 98%.

I still haven't been able to wake the tablet with the keyboard, even though keyboard powersave is not checked.

TF101 - B50
    Dock - B80

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Interesting...I found my Transformer off this evening, and I had not shut it down...had to power it back on. Not a reboot loop though.

-sc

Jazz
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I have been experiencing wierdness as well.

Sitting here on my laptop I look over and my newly ICS upgraded STOCK TF101 restarts all by itself. This is the second time I witnessed it. It did it this time with no apps running in the background. It had a fresh reboot and was just sitting there in a fold up folio. Bam! reboot for no reason.

This morning I also had an issue since yesterdays ICS upgrade. It shut down in the night with a full battery. I never shut it down last night. I awoke to a black screen and had to hold Power for 20 seconds to get it back up.

Charles.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    84 times
    Mine has rebooted 3 times since the upgrade, getting stuck with the spinning circle frozen - I did do all the cold boots, etc., as recommended prior to the upgrade and I am running stock TF101. I resolve it by holding the power button for about 8-10 seconds each time, but it is a little disconcerting... And every time I get the "oh-noes!!!!! " feeling.
    ASUS TF 101 32GB w/ 32GB SD, Dock, and 1TB External Drive

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I've had exactly the same problem!!! Random reboots. Freezing on black screen or the spinning circle screen. And it started exactly after the ICS upgrade. Is there any indication Asus is Aware of this. (I tried tweeting them for all the good that qill do.) I'm very concerned. So far holding power and vol down button has worked for cold reboot, but this is a very bad probe to have on the tablet I just bought.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    7 times
    You are not alone; I also get random reboots since downloading ICS. However, my TF reboots all the way through to the lock screen/sleep mode so I'm not experiencing the battery drain that you are.

I don't know how often it happens. Sometimes, right after a random reboot I will put the tablet right to sleep. Later, when I wake it, it tells me that seekdroid is not set up. This is how I know it has randomly rebooted itself at least once since I put it to sleep. I have been regularly looking at the running applications and what has been using the battery. Nothing sticks out as the culprit. The seekdroid notification is not there if I clear the notification, wait a couple minutes, put the tablet to sleep, wait a minute, then wake it. This notification only appears when the TF is powered up (happened on HC too). Also, twice I've gone to wake it and found it powering up. Except the two times I caught it happening, I wouldn't know this was happening if it weren't for the seekdroid notification.

Before the update, I updated apps and did a cold boot on my "nothing but stock ever" B50 tablet. After I applied the update I did another cold boot. I've actually tried the cold reboot a couple more times since then but it still happens. I have a feeling I'm going to have to wipe it to fix it. However, since it doesn't reboot while I'm using it, I'm not in a hurry to try that drastic of a measure. For now I'm waiting for a confirmation that this will work or, better yet, someone will isolate the culprit.

Lisa

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have seen both issues as well. I did the update Friday night and Saturday morning it was in the reboot loop. Later it has just shutdown with no reason. Also I left it on the dock and it drained the dock battery in about 6 hours while it should have been asleep. I did the cold boot before and after the update.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Same issue here.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    5 times
    Yep, here too.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the reboot loop once and found my TF101 off 4 or 5 times already...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
    ion][reflex
    [reflexion]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads