Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: ICS Tips and Tricks (NOT Complaints Thread)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times

ICS Tips and Tricks

Hey everybody, I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread where we could post different discoveries and things that we come up with on a positive note about our new OS called ICS. This is not a thread for complaints as there are hundreds of those already but this is a place where you can post new finds to you and read about things others have found as well.

I know this is in the Prime section and any day now the Transformer will be getting ICS as well but I didn't know how to put it in more than one thread so here it is. I have already read a couple helpful hints scattered around in various places so if you brilliant people don't mind reposting here it would be great to have one resource.

Thanks Mickey
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 01-12-2012 at 10:44 AM.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times

Unlock Screen

1. On the Lock Screen if you swipe the circle left you get the camera function and swipe it right to unlock the tablet.

2. Closing Open Apps is like closing Notifications you just tap the double square icon on the bottom left tray of your home screen and swipe left on the apps you wish to close. On Notifications just swipe right.
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 01-10-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Added Title
    Bessierulz, jules and jxtals like this.
    Current Devices:
    Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition - Dell Venue 11 Pro Bay Trail (On Order) - LG Optimus G Pro

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times
    How to make Multipicture Live Wallpaper work with ICS

Hi:

I use Multipicture Live Wallpaper to set rotating pictures for each screen. To make it work in ICS you have to go into settings, "Work around for some home application" and change "from honeycomb tablet" to "ignore vertical movement."

It's working for me now with ICS.

Tom
    32gb Transformer 101 & 201 with dock
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Palm T/X
    eee 1215 netbook
    Nexus 7 32gb

Starscream
    Member #
    Liked
    26 times
    haven't been able to put my prime down

everything else has already been said lol
    Proud Owner of a Gamestop Transformer Prime 32GB Owner w/ Video Game Controller & Dock (awaiting Jellybean & Asus Transformer 301)
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus Owner

"The internet isn't real, so why judge a book by it's title?"

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thenrik View Post
    How to make Multipicture Live Wallpaper work with ICS

Hi:

I use Multipicture Live Wallpaper to set rotating pictures for each screen. To make it work in ICS you have to go into settings, "Work around for some home application" and change "from honeycomb tablet" to "ignore vertical movement."

It's working for me now with ICS.

Tom
    I can't even get it to save settings. Does this solve that?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times

Screen Responsiveness

It seems to me that while browsing all hyperlinks work on the first press and with a lighter press than with Honeycomb. I know before on ESPN pages I would have a player's profile popup in a small box and it would take 2-4 presses sometimes to get it to close but now it happens on the first press all the time.
    Current Devices:

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times

Helping Battery Life

Two days into ICS and there appears to be no doubt to me that my battery life is indeed better on ICS than it was on Honeycomb. Another forum member has reported the same feeling in the following thread.

http://www.transformerforums.com/for...cs-update.html
    Current Devices:

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times

Digital Clock

I know you're probably thinking who cares about the Asus Analog Clock right? But I am using it as a screen saver so that my battery get saved throughout the day and I can easily awaken the Prime without having to constantly hit the power button. I'm liking this method so much that I have the clock in the number one position in the dock so that it is available on all my home screens!

Just tap the clock to start and tap again to dim the screen to power saving mode. Press the home button, tap the screen, or whatever to wake up to full power again without having to wear out the power button!

I forgot to mention that for this to be most effective you set your screen display to never turn off for an hour and that way as long as you use your Transformer on an hourly basis it will never go to sleep to the point that requires the power button to wake it up.

If you haven't used it in an hour it will go on to sleep and require the button press.
    Last edited by Mickeylittle; 05-11-2012 at 06:46 AM.
    Nylore, LisaorL2, Leaston and 2 others like this.
    Current Devices:

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylittle View Post
    I know you're probably thinking who cares about the Asus Analog Clock right? But I am using it as a screen saver so that my battery get saved throughout the day and I can easily awaken the Prime without having to constantly hit the power button. I'm liking this method so much that I have the clock in the number one position in the dock so that it is available on all my home screens!

Just tap the clock to start and tap again to dim the screen to power saving mode. Press the home button, tap the screen, or whatever to wake up to full power again without having to wear out the power button!
    Could you be a little more specific about using the clock as a screensaver, and in doing so opening up another way to unlock the screen please?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Windows
    Liked
    722 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BeNT View Post
    Could you be a little more specific about using the clock as a screensaver, and in doing so opening up another way to unlock the screen please?
    Put the app called 'Clock' on your home screen. And tap it to give you a nice looking digital clock. If you tap it a second time the screen dims quite a bit into what I would call a power saver or screen saver mode. It is a great way to save some battery life throughout the day while being able to easily wake up your Prime without having to keep pressing the power button all day long! The app is in the pic below and is on the 3rd row.
    To easily awaken your Prime just tap the back arrow key or the home button.
    Screenshot_2012-01-27-13-57-07.jpg
    jnes, jekinmeroh and crunchcg like this.
    Current Devices:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links