Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to manually update/restore firmware (Tf700, TF300, TF101, possibly TF201)

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    102 times
    This is an alternative install method if your OTA fails or your tablet is stuck in a boot loop. There will be 2 ways: the first, is to do it through Android itself, the second is if your tablet wont boot, but you can still boot into the boot loader.

The ROMS have been uploaded, and hosted by myself. Make sure you choose the correct SKU!!! Links will be on post #2

It is Also advised you backup all apps and data before performing just incase it wipes your device out, but it should not, but there is always a chance, just like with everything else.

Failed Update Version

1. Download the latest version of Android for your tablet. Make sure you download the correct SKU version.
    A. Go into settings, About tablet, and look for your Build Number, There are two letters (such as US,WW, TW, etc.) that is your SKU. When downloading the zip from ASUS', you must download the correct SKU zip.
    2. Decompress downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
    3. Make sure your Micro SDcard is formatted Fat32. Then put the zip file in the root of the Micro SDcard. Leave name as is.
    4. A pop-up should show up in the notification window telling you there is an update and if you would like to perform the update.
    5. If the pop-up does not show up, then try rebooting your device. If it still does not show up, try performing a cold boot.
    6. Allow the tablet 5-10 minutes to perform the update.

How to perform a cold boot: Various quick fixes links and help.

ASUS Link down below.

Boot Loop/No Boot Version (Can also be used to downgrade but always backup all apps and data.)

1. Download the latest version of Android for your tablet. Make sure you download the correct SKU version.
    A. To find the SKU, go into settings, About tablet, and look for your Build Number, There are two letters (such as US,WW, TW, etc.) that is your SKU. When downloading the zip from ASUS', you must download the correct SKU zip.
    2. Decompress downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
    3. Rename it to:
    A. For the TF700 and TF300: EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
    B. For the TF101: E101_SDUPDATE.zip
    4. Make sure your MicroSD card is formatted Fat32. It must be Fat32 Format or it will not work.
    5. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
    6. Insert the MicroSD into the tablet
    7. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
    8. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
    9. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button (on RCK, this is your recovery which should already be selected) until you see Android logo and process bar
    10. Give the update process 5-10 minutes. It should not take longer than that. If it happens to run for more than 45 minutes to an hour, force shut down the tablet and see if it boots. If it does not, try rerunning steps 7-9.

ASUS - Tablet & Mobile
    The zips are under Tablet(your model), Downloads/Support. then under Android.

TF201 Users: By looking at the filename for the TF700 and TF300 process, it seems it comes from the TF201. If you are a TF201 user try using 3A if you are having trouble. I have not been able to verify it though.

Enjoy

Credit to those who posted the data originally in other threads and especially Janner43 for helping me.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer TF700T Infinity Pad Using Tapatalk HD
    Rom: CromiX 4.4.1 DeOdex
    Kernel: Hundsbuah's V3.0.5 Kernel
    Theme: Timberwolf's Blues and Jazz theme
    Last edited by Tylorw1; 05-11-2013 at 04:10 PM.
    Friggs, Kinetic, janner43 and 9 others like this.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    102 times
    If you cannot find your ROM/zip, please let me know by pm or in this thread and I will see what I can do to find it.

TF700 Zips (10.6.1.14.4)
    Stock 4.2.1 US
    Stock 4.2.1 US Mirror
    Stock 4.2.1 WW
    Stock 4.2.1 WW Mirror
    Stock 4.2.1 TW
    Stock 4.2.1 TW Mirror

TF300 Zips (10.6.1.15.3)
    REMOVED!

Tylor

Last edited by Tylorw1; 05-21-2013 at 05:15 PM.
    FedericVs likes this.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    9 times
    I can confirm this worked for me.

My issue followed an OTA update. I got taken to the boot screen with the ASUS lettering before it flashed.

The thing was depsite leaving it for around 30 minutes it would not progress. I tried the standard WIPE option and cold boot both which didn't do anything.

Using the RCK function on its own would result in the android on it's back with a red exclamation mark.

However,

Following Tylor's advice I was able to install the firmware onto a MicroSD card and then get the RCK function to recover my tablet and install the firmware from the MicroSD.

And here I am using my TF700 to type this.

Thanks Tylor

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2320 times
    Thanks for this Tylor.

That is a GREAT guide & I have added it to our Guides section & the Master Help Guide.

Great job & thanks very much on behalf of all those who will make use of it going forwards.

Last edited by janner43; 04-13-2013 at 01:32 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2320 times
    Thread title enhanced as requested to include restoring as well as updating firmware.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylorw1 View Post
    If you cannot find your ROM/zip, please let me know by pm or in this thread and I will see what I can do to find it.

TF700 Zips (10.6.1.14.4)
    Stock 4.2.1 US
    Stock 4.2.1 US Mirror
    Stock 4.2.1 WW
    Stock 4.2.1 WW Mirror
    Stock 4.2.1 TW
    Stock 4.2.1 TW Mirror

TF300 Zips (10.6.1.15.3)
    Stock 4.2.1 US
    Stock 4.2.1 WW
    Stock 4.2.1 TW

TF300TG Zips (10.6.2.3)
    Stock 4.2.1 WW
    Stock 4.2.1 TW

Tylor

Hello everyone,

Noob here!! Had a quick question! I'm rooted and unlocked. I'm running 4.0.3 (stock) and the .30 firmware (also stock) on my tf700. I want to update to the new 4.2.1 (or 4.2.2) and the new 10.6.1.14.4 firmware. Could I just flash the .zip file you posted here? I'm hesitant about updating the firmware/bootloader when i'm still running stock 4.0.3. I plan to flash custom roms that have the latest firmware, bootloader, and have JB...i just didnt know if i could make that leap directly from my current specs.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by aw2887 View Post
    Hello everyone,

Noob here!! Had a quick question! I'm rooted and unlocked. I'm running 4.0.3 (stock) and the .30 firmware (also stock) on my tf700. I want to update to the new 4.2.1 (or 4.2.2) and the new 10.6.1.14.4 firmware. Could I just flash the .zip file you posted here? I'm hesitant about updating the firmware/bootloader when i'm still running stock 4.0.3. I plan to flash custom roms that have the latest firmware, bootloader, and have JB...i just didnt know if i could make that leap directly from my current specs.
    You should be able to jump straight from 4.0.3 to 4.2.1 fine. I do suggest you do this before attempting to flash a custom ROM. If you wanna be positive, go to ASUS' website, flash 4.1.1 first, boot into it. Set it up, etc. Then flash 4.2.1 from 4.1.1 but I believe you will be fine going from 4.0.3 to 4.2.1 since you still are completely stock.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300TG (3G)
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tylorw1 View Post
    This is an alternative install method if your OTA fails or your tablet is stuck in a boot loop. There will be 2 ways: the first, is to do it through Android itself, the second is if your tablet wont boot, but you can still boot into the boot loader.

The ROMS have been uploaded, and hosted by myself. Make sure you choose the correct SKU!!! Links will be on post #2
    hi
    i have an asus tf300 tg , i tried to update it to 4.2.2 from 4.1.1 , i did these thing : download the update from site , put it in sd card root , saw the update message , click that , and then tablet restart and go to cwm - based recovery v6.0.1.3 that i installed for root , and nothing more than that , i should restart and when i try again , every time this happened , i tried wipe but no different , any solution ??
    i have "install zip from sd card " in recovery menus , i tried that but it wont work .

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    102 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hamed_bg13 View Post
    hi
    i have an asus tf300 tg , i tried to update it to 4.2.2 from 4.1.1 , i did these thing : download the update from site , put it in sd card root , saw the update message , click that , and then tablet restart and go to cwm - based recovery v6.0.1.3 that i installed for root , and nothing more than that , i should restart and when i try again , every time this happened , i tried wipe but no different , any solution ??
    i have "install zip from sd card " in recovery menus , i tried that but it wont work .
    You got a custom recovery. This method is for stock. In order to flash the ROM you must flash it from the recovery. These two methods do not work with custom recoveries such as CWM and TWRP. Also, update CWM to the latest version before performing any ROM flashing or you could result in a brick.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Question, can you use the asus update for the tg on the t?

Can you use the asus update for the tf300tg on the tf300t? I wanted to use a rom and it said i needed to be on a 10.6.2.3 but that version hasn't been released for the tf300t. I tried to use flash the rom but it just bootlooped. So was wondering if anyone had ever tried to flash the update for tg to the t. Thanks for any help.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads