Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to manually update/restore firmware (TF101, TF201, TF300, TF700, TF701)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken you're not supposed to copy it into /root, but into /
    (it can be confusing when talking about "root" which means top of the filesystems when there's also a /root directory, but that's not "root")

-Tor
    Sorry for the confusion. I copied it to the top (root) directory. There is no folder named "root".

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tor View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken you're not supposed to copy it into /root, but into /
    (it can be confusing when talking about "root" which means top of the filesystems when there's also a /root directory, but that's not "root")

-Tor
    Good one! Yes!

Edit: Apparently not
    Did you copy the unzipped zip with no name change to your internal SD?? It sounds as if you put the file on your external card, not your internal memory???

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    Last edited by droidbound; 08-14-2013 at 05:48 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Good one! Yes!

Edit: Apparently not
    Did you copy the unzipped zip with no name change to your internal SD?? It sounds as if you put the file on your external card, not your internal memory???

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4
    OMG! That was the problem. I thought I had to boot from my external SD. When I copied the zip to my internal SD, it worked like a charm.

Thanks everyone!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi,

I can't get my tablet to switch off at all. It is stuck in a boot loop so I guess that it is soft bricked. If I hold the power button down it restarts and I get the Asus logo with Nvidia Tegra bottom right and then it tries to boot and immediately goes to the Android lying down with a red warning triangle above its open body.

Could you advise how I can get it to switch off please? I did manage once to get it into I think what is recovery. It was showing icons I believe first one RCK , there was a USB icon and an Android but I might have it slightly incorrect.

Cheers
    Last edited by steverido; 08-15-2013 at 12:56 PM.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    111 times
    The boot loader method you should put it on the root of your external card. Make sure you rename it exactly with various and all, then copy it the the msd then put it into the tablet and start up the device to the boot loader and select rck. Why I do not have wipe data as am instruction is because people who use a custom recovery may hard their devices which I do not wish to happen but if you are not unlocked then you can do so since it is basically performing a factory reset. Also to power of the tablet just hold the power button in and out will shut itself down. The android dude laying on his back is just the stock recovery boot fingering a file to install. Sometimes by putting the file on the internal root works but it just all depends. Just try it all, find what works, and post about what you find. Since I do not own all these tablets it gives other owners help.
    Good luck

Tylor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Apologies but I cannot see a later version of Android for download from the Asus website, only 4.0.3, which i already have?

The links in post 2 of this thread do not seem to be working - any idea where i get the download from?

TRANSFORMER FORUMS LEGEND
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    2676 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nelmo View Post
    Apologies but I cannot see a later version of Android for download from the Asus website, only 4.0.3, which i already have?

The links in post 2 of this thread do not seem to be working - any idea where i get the download from?
    If you are inquiring about the TF101, 4.0.3 is the latest (build number ending in .27) that Asus is likely ever to produce.

There is a way to get Jelly Bean (4.1, 4.2 and even 4.3) on your tablet. You will need to root and then run a custom ROM.

If you are interested, I wrote a step by step guide here: http://www.transformerforums.com/for...rom-tf101.html

I would recommend either KatKiss Android 4.2 (http://www.transformerforums.com/for...2-x-tf101.html) or KatKiss 4.3 (http://www.transformerforums.com/for...iss-tf101.html)

Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow, that is one detailed guide :-) ...but i dont have the courage to do all that - i thought it was simpler.

Thanks anyway....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I had exactly the same problem, you can't switch off you have to wait to drain the battery. Follow this post instructions step by step and download the firmware version that is on the first page of the post. I was looking all around the internet and there was no answer until I find this post. THANKS, MANY THANKS!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Tylorw1

Great post!!
    My tablet (Asus TF700 - SKU US) won't boot, when I press the Power button it turns on but stops at the Asus welcome screen with the spinning wheel... I posted the problem yesterday (see Post)

So, osmosis replied me to try to reinstall the firmware and I did it as you said above and it was successfull. When I tried the RCK option the screen was 'Installing system update' and then the next screen was the Asus name with a blue progress bar. When the progress bar was completed the tablet restarted, so I thought everything was ok, but then, the spinning wheel again.

Do you have any idea of what could I do next to try to fix my tablet?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links