Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to manually update/restore firmware (TF101, TF201, TF300, TF700, TF701)

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    My TF1010 is stuck in a boot loop. I can turn it off by holding power and vol ^ , but overnight the battery drains. Why?
    I have attempted a recovery using the RENAMED zip file on a MICRO SD inserted in the tablet (undocked), but gear crunching Android appears for about half a second before dead Android on his back, belly open and red warning triangle shows up. I have followed the instructions above to the letter. It won't work for me.
    Help!
    Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Miro View Post
    My TF1010 is stuck in a boot loop. I can turn it off by holding power and vol ^ , but overnight the battery drains. Why?
    How much does your battery drain? From what percentage ? Do you power it off first? Please give us more details. Thanks.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1222 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Miro View Post
    gear crunching Android appears for about half a second before dead Android on his back, belly open and red warning triangle shows up.
    Did you by any chance disable a bunch of "Asus Bloatware" - those progams that came with the Transformer? Some folks say the firmware won't load if it can't find certain stock software... a possible "Signature Mismatch" message may display when this is the problem. The procedure to install a firmware manually has been discussed many times and the written procedure should work.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    I've no idea what percentage drain, because I can't turn the device on to check, but the red light is flashing. It was nearly fully charged when this nightmare began. I charged it last night so that the red light stopped flashing before attempting to recover, but again this morning it's flashing red.
    I didn't do anything - don't even know what "bloatware" or "signature mismatch" mean! I have been using the device happily for over two years. It was in standby doing nothing, when it started coming on to the EeePad screen, then ASUS screen with the turning symbol, then goes off...then starts again ad infinitum, until I power it off with Vol ^ and power.
    I've followed the instructions here to the letter, and prayed it would work. It doesn't.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    What does this mean? "in every zip ASUS also flashes a blob with a boot loader, recovery, and kernel. Should one of three not function properly then it is a brick. "
    If it's "a brick", what next?

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    1 times
    OK, I've been browsing around other threads, and found something here Asus Tf101 - Won't boot up or Recovery/Kernel. Need help desperately. - Page 2 by mrmoua that I've missed before so gave it a try: power + vol down until the small print appears; instead of pressing vol ^ to go to recovery, let it go to the Android & wipe screen. I selected "wipe", then the crucial bit that I've been missing on other threads: "Press the VOL DOWN button to select the "Wipe Data" icon then VOL UP to confirm it." The small print on the screen is not easy to see, but I think it then prompted me to press Vol ^ again, at which point I was home and dry.
    So, in my case at least, getting stuck in a boot loop did NOT necessitate downloading any firmware, flashing or any of that other (for a non-techie) confusing stuff!

Thanks to all for your help and patience, I'm off to re-install my apps. All's well that ends well, and my mates with their crApple devices will nev er get to hear about this - I still love my TF!
    Last edited by Miro; 08-13-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by drtomaslight View Post
    Hi,

I have followed your instructions but my TF700T does not pop up telling me to update.

I have formatted my 2GB sd card to FAT32 and have copied "US_epad-user-10.6.1.14.4.zip" into /root.

After plugging in the sd card, I have rebooted and cold boot my TF700T but the pop up never occurs. I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

I also tried doing the recovery mode (changing the zip file name) but I get a dead android bot with a red "!" mark.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    668 times
    Hi,

I have followed your instructions but my TF700T does not pop up telling me to update.

I have formatted my 2GB sd card to FAT32 and have copied "US_epad-user-10.6.1.14.4.zip" into /root.

After plugging in the sd card, I have rebooted and cold boot my TF700T but the pop up never occurs. I am doing something wrong?

Thanks
    Put the zip into root of your internal sd card. The notification should pop up.
    If not, rename the zip as described in OP, put it into the root of your external sd, boot into bootloader and select RCK. The recovery should recognize the update file and start flashing it

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    TF700 on Android 7 Nougatella TF701 Katshmallow (Android 6.0.1) Nexus 5x on Android 7 Nougat/Google Fi stock (for now)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Put the zip into root of your internal sd card. The notification should pop up.
    If not, rename the zip as described in OP, put it into the root of your external sd, boot into bootloader and select RCK. The recovery should recognize the update file and start flashing it

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    I have tried again and the notification did not pop up after plugging the sd card in, rebooting and a cold reboot.

Then, I renamed the zip as described by OP and selected RCK. The recovery did not recognize the update file and displayed a dead android bot

Maybe I am just out of luck

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    210 times
    Unless I'm mistaken you're not supposed to copy it into /root, but into /
    (it can be confusing when talking about "root" which means top of the filesystems when there's also a /root directory, but that's not "root")

-Tor

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links