Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rednroll View Post
    Hi All,
    I could use some help. I have an Asus Memo Pad Smart 10. Model: ME301T SKU=US current firmware v 10.6.1.15.4, Android v4.2.1. I haven't used it in a couple years. It works fine but then it doesn't because all the software is so outdated the Google Playstore doesn't work or even the built in web browsers, they no longer let me connect to websites because they come up as a security risk without valid certificates.

These problems have left the tablet virtually useless, although the tablet hardware wise functions fine. It seems to be all outdated software related problems. Which brought me to attempting to update the firmware which has turned into a nightmare. Auto update doesn't work since it seems Asus changed their server storage locations. I'm trying to do a manual update, but have been unable to find the location on the Asus website to download the US SKU firmware. The download links provided early in this post no longer work as well. It seems Asus has moved/changed things again.

From what I've read so far in this long thread v10.6.1.31, may be the last available firmware released but I'm unsure. I was hoping to find a support page on the Asus website which from all my past experiences let me know what is the latest firmware. Can anyone help me find the latest available US SKU firmware for this ME301T tablet, so I can download it and attempt to do a manual firmware update?

I was trying to help our Karate instructor setup a tablet to be able to teach online Zoom classes and was going to let him have this tablet, set it up for him so it was all ready to go since he is not a tech person. My original thoughts were, this should be pretty simple. Just install the latest Zoom Video app and go. The Google playstore won't even let me install the app, since the software on the tablet is so outdated. This has turned into a huge frustration with nothing but constant roadblocks along the way. I guess that's what they mean by the saying, "No good deed goes unpunished."
    Dude, I am having a hard time searching for the latest firmware for your tablet. The model was discontinued 2013 - 7yrs. Goodluck man!
    Zaminth likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching
    Liked
    0 times
    Probably there are no updates already since it was discontinued. You may want to consider replacing the gadget with a more update one.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links