Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to manually update/restore firmware (TF101, TF201, TF300, TF700, TF701)

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gookrez View Post
    Can you use the asus update for the tf300tg on the tf300t? I wanted to use a rom and it said i needed to be on a 10.6.2.3 but that version hasn't been released for the tf300t. I tried to use flash the rom but it just bootlooped. So was wondering if anyone had ever tried to flash the update for tg to the t. Thanks for any help.
    You cannot because the tablets are very different. Only flash the Rom for your specific Device.

Tylor

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Swipe likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello,
    tried this, but still does not pass the boot loader with the bubbles in circle.
    mine will charge, and run the boot loader until draining the battery, with or without the dock. Can charge, with our without the dock. Can do the cold boot, vol down and power, then vol up. Shows the android working for 1 second, then flips on its back with the red exclamation mark for about 1 minute, then shows the eee-pad logo and goes to boot loader, until draining the battery. With or without the dock. On the SD card: E101_sdupdate.zip, from TF700T_WW_epaduser_V1061144UpdateLauncher.zip. Mine is TF 101, model 204WW81100700 (europe). I'm draining the battery for the x time in 14 days now. Will there be live after near death ?

*Rescue Squad*
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    674 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FJV42 View Post
    Hello,
    tried this, but still does not pass the boot loader with the bubbles in circle.
    mine will charge, and run the boot loader until draining the battery, with or without the dock. Can charge, with our without the dock. Can do the cold boot, vol down and power, then vol up. Shows the android working for 1 second, then flips on its back with the red exclamation mark for about 1 minute, then shows the eee-pad logo and goes to boot loader, until draining the battery. With or without the dock. On the SD card: E101_sdupdate.zip, from TF700T_WW_epaduser_V1061144UpdateLauncher.zip. Mine is TF 101, model 204WW81100700 (europe). I'm draining the battery for the x time in 14 days now. Will there be live after near death ?
    Why are you trying to install firmware for the TF700 on your TF101???? That CANNOT work!

Go to support.asus.com/download
    type "Transformer" into the search box
    pick YOUR model
    select "Android" for OS on the next page
    download the firmware for YOUR SKU: WW
    THEN follow Tylor's instructions. You probably don't even need to rename the extracted file.
    Boot into recovery and it should flash the file

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    Why are you trying to install firmware for the TF700 on your TF101???? That CANNOT work!

Go to support.asus.com/download
    type "Transformer" into the search box
    pick YOUR model
    select "Android" for OS on the next page
    download the firmware for YOUR SKU: WW
    THEN follow Tylor's instructions. You probably don't even need to rename the extracted file.
    Boot into recovery and it should flash the file
    Actually if it is just an update you can put it on your internal storage and just reboot the tablet. It should see the update file and you click it and it will trigger the update itself.

You must flash the correct firmware or you will risk bricking. If it was possible I wouldnt tell you to get the firmware for your specific device.

Tylor

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    0 times
    Well that wasn't to smart then. Understood it as possible really.
    I did try it again, on the SD WW_epad-user-9.2.1.27, from the Asus site, WW_epad-user-9.2.1.27Updatelauncher and unzipped to SD. Even tried the Updatelauncher directly on SD, but the results are the same. One second of Android image working, then flips on its back with the exlamation mark for 1 minute, then continues with eee-pad logo and then the boot screen with the bubbles. After restarting, vol down and power, my TF101 in the first line shows it is operating WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615, which i assume shows the date my firmware already was updated and probably the day the problem started in the first place. I would like to receive more help, and you might be honest to me if i bricked it by now.

FJV

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    110 times
    Quote Originally Posted by FJV42 View Post
    Well that wan't to smart then. Understood it as possible really.
    I did try it again, on the SD WW_epad-user-9.2.1.27, from the Asus site, WW_epad-user-9.2.1.27Updatelauncher and unzipped to SD. Even tried the Updatelauncher directly on SD, but the results are the same. One second of Android image working, then flips on its back with the exlamation mark for 1 minute, then continues with eee-pad logo and then the boot screen with the bubbles. After restarting, vol down and power, my TF101 in the first line shows it is operating WW_epad-9.2.1.27-20120615, which i assume shows the date my firmware already was updated and probably the day the problem started in the first place. I would like to receive more help, and you might be honest to me if i bricked it by now.

FJV
    Have you tried flashing the latest firmware? or is the latest firmware for your tablet from 6/15/2012? It may have been possible to put the system part on but in every zip ASUS also flashes a blob with a boot loader, recovery, and kernel. Should one of three not function properly then it is a brick.

I dont believe it is bricked. Just the recovery is not seeing the update. Also, to trigger is from using the RCK you MUST rename it or it wont do anything. If you would of been able to see it in the ROM it may of triggered but you got to rename it if you do it the other way(CAPS MATTER). Please follow the instructions to the detail.

Tylor

Last edited by Tylorw1; 06-26-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    Vivo RT
    Liked
    1 times
    this is very common but a serious problem coming out frequently through most of the sets of diverse range of brands .. in such conditions your post is very handy to suggest best about how to get out of the trouble..
    Tylorw1 likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Tylor! I performed your instructions exactly as you outlined after installing a custom rom that caused my tf300t to bootloop. I scoured the web trying to find a fix that will recover my tablet but nothing worked until I saw your post. I am now back on stock and need to re-root but I prefer that over a "brick".

Once again THANK YOU!!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi,

I have followed your instructions but my TF700T does not pop up telling me to update.

I have formatted my 2GB sd card to FAT32 and have copied "US_epad-user-10.6.1.14.4.zip" into /root.

After plugging in the sd card, I have rebooted and cold boot my TF700T but the pop up never occurs. I am doing something wrong?

Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks! Your tutorial is the best ! I think my asus tf700t was dead, but it isn't, thank you again, greetings from Argentina.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links