Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to manually update/restore firmware (TF101, TF201, TF300, TF700, TF701)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    epad-user-10.6.1.25 is older firmware for the Memo Pad 301T, also called the Memo Pad Smart 10, I believe! You may be on later firmware and you cannot downgrade with this method. You have to flash the same or later version of the firmware. There are two for the Smart 10: .29 and .31. Any idea what you were running? You sure about your exact device model?
    Also make sure you download the correct SKU (region).
    First: In the back I cannot read (but with the help of a magnifier ) : ASUS MeMO Pad Made In China Model K001 Input: +5V =2A 10W \n FCC ID: MSOK001 IC:3568K-K001 CCOKGT121244
    Second: When following the AsusTek link ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download
    Then I used the "Select Model Manually", Start, Tablet, ASUS MeMO Pad, ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10, Android, Confirm. I ended up on web page "ASUS MeMO Pad Smart 10". Then I browsed the user MANUAL and selected the document E7685, the english version. WIth the manual I was able to read on page 90: "Model Name: K001 (ME301T)".
    So far I cannot make sure that it is indeed the ME301T but I can confirm that the K001 is a definite match (unless ASUS manual is erroneous)
    I also browsed the manual to find pretty much all the same hardware features that I have on my tablet, 10 inches, speakers volume position, light sensor and camera at the same place and things like such.
    So I am pretty confident that I have the ME301T.

But I could be mistaking and if you have another suggestion to make me try, be my guess. At this point I am ready to try pretty much about anything.

PS: the reason I chose MeMO Smart 10 is because I did the same procedure with other 10 inches and they did not match the hardware description and mostly I could not match the us-epad-user-10.6.1.25 file name. Which, by the way, is the number that appear on the boot screen at the end of the first line. See the first of 3 pictures above. For your information, on the ASUS firmware page the most recent Firmware available for US version is the us-epad-10.6.1.31 The more recent 10.6.1.38 is market with prefix JP which I think would imply Japan. I did try with the 10.6.1.31 with the same negative result.

Thanks for your help, very appreciated.

Alain

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    As far as I know, there are three versions of the Memo Pad for 10" tablets.

Memo Pad 10
    Memo Pad FHD 10
    Memo Pad Smart

Go to settings>about tablet and see what it lists for your Model, Build # (the firmware) and Android version. Let us know what you find out.

9 April, 2015 80014 PM PDT.png

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Swipe View Post
    As far as I know, there are three versions of the Memo Pad for 10" tablets.

Memo Pad 10
    Memo Pad FHD 10
    Memo Pad Smart

Go to settings>about tablet and see what it lists for your Model, Build # (the firmware) and Android version. Let us know what you find out.

9 April, 2015 80014 PM PDT.png
    From the bootloader pictures I'm sure they have the 301t. Make sure that the file matches and that you are only using the US firmware. Try with firmware version. 31 again.

Also your SD card needs to be formatted in FAT32 partition format. That is a crucial part of the process.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks GTANNER00 and SWIPE, First, the pictures you posted cannot help me unfortunately cause I cannot boot my tablet so I cant verify the Build number this way. I thought that the number that appeared on my first screen (see previous post) was a good indicator of the present build in my unit ( us-epad-user-10.6.1.25 ). So this is why I chose this version on the ASUS website. I will retry version 31 for sure.

Concerning the Format FAT32 for the microSD, Windows ask for what type of format which we know is FAT32 but also ask for "Allocation unit size" 8, 16, 32 or 64kbytes. Which is the correct one, or does it matter ? I used default. Is that OK.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Yes, default should be fine. Also yes, your bootloader is version 25, On stock your rom is the same. It should allow you to reflash the same firmware, but trying the 31, which would be a genuine update is worth a try.

APC
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times

Eee Pad Frozen on Splash Screen

Quote Originally Posted by Tylorw1 View Post
    Links removed since they are broken. droidbound Jan 2015

Download only official Asus firmware from their website:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

• Enter "Transformer" in the search box
    • Choose your device
    • Choose "Android" for OS
    • Expand "Firmware" and look for your SKU
    Hello There..

Is there a way to find out the Firmware version when the Pad is Frozen. Can you find the version knowing the serial number?

Thanks

APC
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello
    Is there a way to find the firmware version knowing the Serial Number as my tablet is frozen on the splash screen and I cannot do anything with ist?

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by APC View Post
    Hello
    Is there a way to find the firmware version knowing the Serial Number as my tablet is frozen on the splash screen and I cannot do anything with ist?

Thanks
    If you are only seeing the splash screen and cannot get into the bootloader (screen with three icons) then there is nothing you can do to recover. Try using the key combinations. Homing volume down and power to get to the bootloader.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

APC
    Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi Gtanner00

I have tried all of the suggestions regarding key combination I found on the net with no success.
    I haven't tried guessing a version of the firmware and see if the tablet will try to boot from the micro sim. If I selected the wrong version do you think it would give some message or just do nothing?

Regards

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    You will need to be a lot more specific for us to be able to help.
    You didn't even tell us which tablet you have....
    "All of the suggestions regarding key combinations" being what?
    And how?
    The better you describe your situation and steps, the better we can chime in.

You can guess your firmware by determining which region of the world the tablet was bought in.
    Are you in the US? The US firmware is for you.
    Europe, Australia? Go for WW
    Taiwan? TW
    Most Asus tablets won't allow you to downgrade your firmware. So download the latest version available, unzip it once, rename it according to the OP etc... If it is the wrong one the recovery will just fail to install it, signified by an Android on his back with the belly open.
    But it will never boot off the microSD. You can install the firmware off the microSD, but not boot it.
    And to install it you need to be able to get to the screen with 3 or 4 icons (depending on your current firmware), select the RCK (recovery) and boot it as described in the OP.
    If you cannot get there, it is dead.
    Describe in detail what happens when you try those key combinations.
    Last edited by droidbound; 05-14-2015 at 09:31 PM.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links