Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] How to manually update/restore firmware (TF101, TF201, TF300, TF700, TF701)

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF103
    Liked
    0 times
    Help Please
    I have a TF 103C, i am trying to do the SD Card recover, but no matter what I rename the zip file it does not find it. Is there a new file name for the 103 ? Does anyone know what it should be?
    Model:K010(TF103C)
    TF-103C-A1-BK

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    I know you know this now, but for anyone else who reads this thread with a TF103, please see either the simple manual update guide or the relevant sticky thread in the TF103 section. The correct procedure for the Intel based Asus models is documented there.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    New to Android, will this solution work for my case? TF700T JB 4.2.1 performance was terrible, everything suggested upgrade to KK. To do so, I understood I needed to install Asus unlock tool and unlock device before I'd be able to upgrade. After unlocking, device ceased to boot into main screen, just rotating icon. Tried to restore and wipe, nothing.

I opened ticket with support and they said I needed a new motherboard, so I sent to service center, then the bill, more than I paid, I was within the warranty period, however, Asus unlock tool voided warranty, how ironic since it appears their tool corrupted the device, nice little scam, release tool to void warranty and corrupt device, then charge to fix. Sorry for long story.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mballew View Post
    New to Android, will this solution work for my case? TF700T JB 4.2.1 performance was terrible, everything suggested upgrade to KK. To do so, I understood I needed to install Asus unlock tool and unlock device before I'd be able to upgrade. After unlocking, device ceased to boot into main screen, just rotating icon. Tried to restore and wipe, nothing.

I opened ticket with support and they said I needed a new motherboard, so I sent to service center, then the bill, more than I paid, I was within the warranty period, however, Asus unlock tool voided warranty, how ironic since it appears their tool corrupted the device, nice little scam, release tool to void warranty and corrupt device, then charge to fix. Sorry for long story.
    Very strange. You are the first person in almost 3 years that I have heard of corrupting their tablet using the Asus unlock tool.

The only hope of recovery is if you can get into the bootloader by holding volume down and power to start the tablet. If you can get to that then there are a few possibilities.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    I tried Method B from Tylorw1 (See page 1) but I am having a strange behavior from my ME301T tablet.
    First I started having slow boot and it got worst and worst. Then one day the ME301T was stuck in a boot screen where the little flashing circle never stop.
    I started browsing the WEB for solution (including insane ASUS technical support) and found this Transformer Forum which seemed to have the most comprehensive valuable technical data concerning my ME301T. Tylorw1 did list option B which I read very carefully and I think I did everything according to instructions including getting the proper ASUS Firmware from the ASUS WEB site. I did unzip only once the actual file named US_epad-user-10.6.1.25.zip Which I renamed TF300T_SDUPDATE.zip, saved it on my microSD, plug in the ME300T and performed the boot sequence by holding the volume button while pressing the power button. The Tablet booted with proper screen, got the 3 icons, chose the RCK. Then I got the little Robot Icon for about 1/2 second then the ERROR! word appeared and the screen froze for about 1 minute to then repeat the boot sequence as usual. Briefly speaking, it didn't work for me.

I suspected the file name being wrong, so I repeated the process with every possible name I could imagine like the original file name and then ME301T_SDUPDATE and then a whole bunch of other names without any success.

Anyone has any idea what it is I am doing wrong ? Please someone help me before the Tablet end up in the garbage. (And NO I cannot access Root via the USB cable)
    Thank you to anyone providing some help

Cheers

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by viau2555 View Post
    I tried Method B from Tylorw1 (See page 1) but I am having a strange behavior from my ME301T tablet.
    First I started having slow boot and it got worst and worst. Then one day the ME301T was stuck in a boot screen where the little flashing circle never stop.
    I started browsing the WEB for solution (including insane ASUS technical support) and found this Transformer Forum which seemed to have the most comprehensive valuable technical data concerning my ME301T. Tylorw1 did list option B which I read very carefully and I think I did everything according to instructions including getting the proper ASUS Firmware from the ASUS WEB site. I did unzip only once the actual file named US_epad-user-10.6.1.25.zip Which I renamed TF300T_SDUPDATE.zip, saved it on my microSD, plug in the ME300T and performed the boot sequence by holding the volume button while pressing the power button. The Tablet booted with proper screen, got the 3 icons, chose the RCK. Then I got the little Robot Icon for about 1/2 second then the ERROR! word appeared and the screen froze for about 1 minute to then repeat the boot sequence as usual. Briefly speaking, it didn't work for me.

I suspected the file name being wrong, so I repeated the process with every possible name I could imagine like the original file name and then ME301T_SDUPDATE and then a whole bunch of other names without any success.

Anyone has any idea what it is I am doing wrong ? Please someone help me before the Tablet end up in the garbage. (And NO I cannot access Root via the USB cable)
    Thank you to anyone providing some help

Cheers
    Not sure where you got your naming convention from. If you read the OP again you will see that the correct name for all devices is EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip. Also see if you can identify if file extensions are being hidden on your computer so you don't accidentally name it xxx.zip.zip
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    Not sure where you got your naming convention from. If you read the OP again you will see that the correct name for all devices is EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip. Also see if you can identify if file extensions are being hidden on your computer so you don't accidentally name it xxx.zip.zip
    Much appreciation for your help. Yes I did try the EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip as my first attemp. I then tried other names because of the failure, I figured maybe the name as to match the particular unit model number. And I also checked the zip file to make sure it was not zip.zip as I have read the warning in the post.

Is it possible that the booting part of the BIOS in the tablet be corrupted to the point that it cannot read the replacement firmware on the microSD card ? In which case I don't know what else I can do to restore my tablet. Is there not a way to access the internal memory by USB without being booted up in Android ?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Next thing would be to try red downloading the file again in case it was corrupt and try the process again.

______

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 10
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    Next thing would be to try red downloading the file again in case it was corrupt and try the process again.
    Well Its not my day i guess, retried every steps. Downloaded a new file, formated my microSD FAT32, Copied renamed new file to the microSD and booted my ME301T again.
    Same result: The little robot come back with the word Error! See pictures attched
    Attached Images Attached Images

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    epad-user-10.6.1.25 is older firmware for the Memo Pad 301T, also called the Memo Pad Smart 10, I believe! You may be on later firmware and you cannot downgrade with this method. You have to flash the same or later version of the firmware. There are two for the Smart 10: .29 and .31. Any idea what you were running? You sure about your exact device model?
    Also make sure you download the correct SKU (region).
    Last edited by droidbound; 04-09-2015 at 09:40 PM.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links