Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

[HOW TO] Solve MTP issues for all Android devices

Since I've been fighting a lot with my Asus Pad Infinity TF700T for the last couple of weeks, dealing with the driver installation failure I finally found a solution from an article about MTP issues on a Xperia smart phone that I thought I could share.

The first billion of search results on Google gives you the advice to install the Microsoft MTP Porting Kit, which I tried, and I also tried to install the ASUS Sync suite from Asus Download Center but nothing seemed to help. I know a lot of people have been fighting with the same issues and the solution I found was annoying and easy. The solutions follows:

---
    Settings > Apps > All

Make sure Media Storage isn't disabled - for some unexplainable reason mine was.

---

Other ways to solve issues with the same symptoms (driver installation failure, code 10 - fail to start device etc.) might be solved by simply clearing the cache for an app called MTP extension service (this is an app that is not included in all Android devices). Also make sure USB Debugging Mode isn't enabled under Settings > Developer Options.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    824 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Waerner View Post
    Since I've been fighting a lot with my Asus Pad Infinity TF700T for the last couple of weeks, dealing with the driver installation failure I finally found a solution from an article about MTP issues on a Xperia smart phone that I thought I could share.

The first billion of search results on Google gives you the advice to install the Microsoft MTP Porting Kit, which I tried, and I also tried to install the ASUS Sync suite from Asus Download Center but nothing seemed to help. I know a lot of people have been fighting with the same issues and the solution I found was annoying and easy. The solutions follows:

---
    Settings > Apps > All

Make sure Media Storage isn't disabled - for some unexplainable reason mine was.

---

Other ways to solve issues with the same symptoms (driver installation failure, code 10 - fail to start device etc.) might be solved by simply clearing the cache for an app called MTP extension service (this is an app that is not included in all Android devices). Also make sure USB Debugging Mode isn't enabled under Settings > Developer Options.
    Welcome to the forum Waerner, thanks for sharing.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    0 times

Mtp driver successful install finally!!

Quote Originally Posted by Waerner View Post

---
    Settings > Apps > All

---

Hi Waerner, I've just registered to this site so I could thank you for your advice which helped me install MTP driver software on my WIN 7 platform so I could link with my HTC ONE X smartphone. I had the USB debugging mode enabled so all my attempts at first, installing, and second, finding out why it wouldn't work, wouldn't work. Once again, thanks. It continues to amaze me how many difficulties are created by so many simple things. No matter how much I learn, it's never enough.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    824 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bytefright View Post
    Hi Waerner, I've just registered to this site so I could thank you for your advice which helped me install MTP driver software on my WIN 7 platform so I could link with my HTC ONE X smartphone. I had the USB debugging mode enabled so all my attempts at first, installing, and second, finding out why it wouldn't work, wouldn't work. Once again, thanks. It continues to amaze me how many difficulties are created by so many simple things. No matter how much I learn, it's never enough.
    Welcome to the forum Bytefright, your post is a testament to the advantages of our community here! I think your reason for joining is about the best I've seen ...to give thanks!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101; Samsung Galaxy S4; Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition; Galaxy Note 8

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the precious advice. Several searches on the internet were crowned with success due to your valuable info.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Real Solution...

I found the solution!!! Download Microsoft User Framework 1.0 below (small file) and it will update your MTP Device to work properly. Cheers!

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=71641&/umdf.exe

Ads