Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: [FAQ] The definitive thread to battery related matters on the Asus range of tablets

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    I understand that this isn't the answer you wanted, but this isn't recommended.
    No, I am fine with what you suggested and will follow your recommendation. I wasn't sure if the tablet acts like a laptop / pc and if leaving the power cable plugged in would suffice.

Thank You,

Dave

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tvos View Post
    No, I am fine with what you suggested and will follow your recommendation. I wasn't sure if the tablet acts like a laptop / pc and if leaving the power cable plugged in would suffice.

Thank You,

Dave
    No worries Dave

I have to say I don't take my own advice when it comes to one of my phone chargers. Because of where the socket is, I leave it powered on all the time - but its quite cheap to replace, whereas the tf power supply isn't, and the tf battery isn't readily removable either, unlike a laptop. The PSU in a desktop PC is designed to be powered on all the time.

Cheers

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Android device personal pantheon...
    SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ACITceva View Post
    Hi everyone - I've had my TF300 for a few weeks and so far I'm pretty satisfied with the battery life. I've been wondering about the battery stats though from: settings - battery.

Whenever I've used other android devices that battery usage information has always been useful and granular right down to the individual apps. On my TF300 though that list only ever shows three things: screen, tablet idle and wifi which doesn't seem particularly useful at all.

Has anybody else noticed that? Any suggestions for apps that might show better usage information? Thanks!
    Hi - sorry to bump this but since I didn't get any replies I was wondering if maybe it got missed originally. Anybody have any ideas?

Bumblebee
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    423 times
    Dual battery widget can give you some good stats for both tablet and dock I believe.
    TF101! - Running Domination built on my beautiful ArchLinux box!
    Samsung Galaxy S4 - Stock Sadly...
    Custom Built Desktop - Intel I7 w/ Windows7 & ArchLinux Dual boot - Go LINUX!
    I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious. - Vince Lombardi

Great Help Guide Here -> Frederucos Fantastical Forum Favorites
    And Here -> Master Help Guide

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey, sorry if this question was answered, if so I might have misunderstood.

I have the TF700 and the dock. Right now the combo is in a situation where the tablet had run out of battery and turned itself off, but the dock still has around 50% battery left. When docked, everything turns on fine, and reports that the battery is at 0% - charging. The icons in the notification area indicate it is charging. But if I use it for a couple of minutes, the tablet battery icon eventually shows the "!", and then it reports that the dock is not charging anymore. Does the dock not provide charge at a high enough rate so that there's not a net loss of charge on the dock?

i.e.- in a different scenario, say tablet at 50%, dock at 100%, even though i'm technically running on dock power (or tablet power that is being transferred to the dock), will I still see the charge on BOTH going down as opposed to only the charge on the dock going down until it is out of power? I expected that the tablet would work fine until the dock ran out of charge.

Thanks!

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2318 times
    Welcome manman

What you describe is not normal behaviour. If you check the OP, you will see the normal behaviour for the tf700.

That said, I suspect that recharging your tablet directly, ie out of the dock, & then charging your dock separately prior to redocking, followed by a cold boot (link in my signature) will get you back to the normal behaviour pattern.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Razr; CnM Touchpad II; Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Motorola Xoom 2 ME; Samsung Tab 2 7.0

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    4 times

re: [FAQ] The definitive thread to battery related matters on the Asus range of tablets

I searched for the answer, so forgive me if its already been said, but for the 3 charges my battery indicator light has been giving me green at 98% charge, is there a way to fix this. I'd like to be able to know its100% charged without having to turn it on to check

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by justhere View Post
    I searched for the answer, so forgive me if its already been said, but for the 3 charges my battery indicator light has been giving me green at 98% charge, is there a way to fix this. I'd like to be able to know its100% charged without having to turn it on to check

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2
    I cannot speak specifically about the battery in our tablets, but in general meters or gauges read maximum voltage. When you throw in a digital % meter it has to have a threshold that it reaches in its logic programming. This value is usually a bit below max voltage. As batteries "wear" a bit, they do drop in peak voltage a few hundredths of a volt or so. I think the LED meter on our tablets are designed to allow for this drop in overall voltage or not too far down the road the green light would never come on and that would freak a lot of people out and ASUS would get a ton of customer complaints.

At my work we do a lot of large machines that use PLC's to monitor different amperages, voltages etc. We always have to program in min/max settings in our monitoring HMI screens as electricity, either AC or DC tend to fluctuate a bit, albeit just 1 or 2 percent.

If this were any other device that I have with a meter, I would consider at 98% it is full, given some % error in the metering. If the green light does come on at 98% and this is not satisfactory, leave the power cord on a bit longer or as you said, open and turn on the tablet to see if the meter says 100%.

Myself, when the green light comes on I consider it to be charge in full, or at least full enough for me.

Hope this has helped some.
    Last edited by Dan_Lockwood; 08-15-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, I was shocked when I found out that I couldn't charge my TF700 I just bought 2 days ago with my computer or even an portable emergency charger which I think is 5 V. Even when I put it into sleep, it does not charge at all. Any fix to this??

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Android 4.X
    Liked
    2318 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
    Hi, I was shocked when I found out that I couldn't charge my TF700 I just bought 2 days ago with my computer or even an portable emergency charger which I think is 5 V. Even when I put it into sleep, it does not charge at all. Any fix to this??
    Welcome

As quoted from the OP...
    " • TFxxxx can be charged via the USB port on the computer only when it is in sleep mode (screen off) or powered off. (A little hit & miss under ICS)"

So, as you can see, the answer to your question is NO, unless it works for you when your device is switched OFF.
    If you have the docked combo, the tf700 will only ever charge from the 15v dedicated charger.

Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads