Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: [FAQ] The definitive thread to battery related matters on the Asus range of tablets

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by VACaver View Post
    My TF700 will not charge when I plug the charging cable directly into it, but it will charge if I have it plugged into the keyboard with the power cord plugged into the keyboard.

Without the keyboard, the TF700 will turn on when I plug the power cord into it, but it will not begin charging. But when I dock the TF700 into the keyboard, then plug in the power cord, it will begin to charge.

Any idea as to what the heck is going on???

Thanks!
    Yessir

As you'll see from the post above yours and the first post in this guide/FAQ thread, you likely have a hardware fault which needs a repair from Asus.

All the best

(Thread merged from TF700 Help)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    I have and my have the ASUS Transform dock and keyboard and hers will not charge ASUS E Pad. I can trade pad in dock and her pad charges in my dock and my pad won't charge in her dock either. Dowe need to exchange dock she has.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    I have a TF300T and since I installed the firmwareupdate last week (coincidence or not) the battery is running empty incredibly fast.
    Very frustrating.
    I was not pleased with the update anyway. Why did they have to move so many buttons to another, less logical direction?

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times

Question [Q]Battery life

Hey guys im new on here! I just got my asus memo pad fhd 10 yesterday, however in my excitement i never read the user manual. Thus i was completely unaware that it needed to be charged for 8 hours before usage. It was 55 percent when i first powered it on, and since yesterday it's been charged twice, once to 95 percent and the second time to 65 percent. It's now back on the charger after being drained fully from 63 percent. It lasted 5 and a half hours before dying and it claims to provide up to 10 hours of use. My question is, IS IT TOO LATE to charge it for 8 hours?

It's been about four hours now, and it's near 100 percent battery, should i let it charge for another 4 hours? or not? thanks

Btw, i've read that once it's on 100 percent, the cable should be removed....

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    904 times
    Welcome to the forum Jed. I would take the "better safe, than sorry" philosophy, and go ahead and charge it another four hours. Supposedly, this will correctly calibrate the battery. On the other hand, others will say that you don't have to worry about that "stuff" with modern batteries. As I said to begin with, if it were me...
    JedHurricane likes this.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad FHD 10
    Liked
    0 times
    I think i'd rather go with better safe than sorry as well. I planned to leave it charging for at least one more hour, but after reading your comment, i've decided to leave it there for the full 8 hours. thanks for the reply

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 8
    Liked
    0 times

MeMO Pad 8 battery depletion rate question

Hello! I've got a question regarding the MEMO Pad 8: how fast is the battery SUPPOSED to discharge at with Wifi on, screen on Dark, no Bluetooth, audio 1 notch above mute (for all audio related volume bars), and just simple 5 - 15 mins of gaming, Web browsing, and installing apps? Oh yeah, 8-hour charge has been done and ultra-saving power mode is enabled. Everything else I can think of under the sun to conserve battery power has been disabled too. I've also been recharging via AC outlet whenever the battery drops to 60 - 65%.

I'm getting rather paranoid that the power of my tablet (which I just got last Thursday) is going down faster than it should but there doesn't seem to be any of MeMO Pad 8 users on the Internet that's talked about it. (There seems to be a more vocal MeMO Pad HD 7 fan base though. :P)

Anyway, it's roughly depleting at 10% every 45 mins of just doing the gaming, browsing, and installing as mentioned above. It seems kind of nutty to me. :/ I just need someone to verify whether this behaviour is normal or not so I can sleep better at night.

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    904 times
    I don't have a MeMO Pad 8 (or a 7), so I can't answer your question, but wanted to welcome you to the forum. 10% every 45 minutes does sound excessive though! Hopefully, some of our MeMO Pad 8 users will chime in with there experience with battery usage.
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nunuu View Post
    Hello! I've got a question regarding the MEMO Pad 8: how fast is the battery SUPPOSED to discharge ..... Anyway, it's roughly depleting at 10% every 45 mins of just doing the gaming, browsing, and installing as mentioned above. It seems kind of nutty to me. :/ I just need someone to verify whether this behaviour is normal or not so I can sleep better at night.
    Welcome to the forum

I wouldn't say that was terribly excessive, to be honest with you. A ten hour battery life would suggest a rate of drop of 10% per hour - and that type of discharge rate (10 hour battery) would normally be considered "the best" with regards to battery life with the type of usage you describe. Given that the MeMo range is pretty much Asus' entry level range of tablets, a battery life of 7hrs 30mins (10% drop every 45 mins) would seem to be about right to me.

Yes it would nice to have more & as the battery gets to its optimum - after 5 full charge / discharge cycles, you might get a little more, but I wouldn't expect much more than 8 hours top end.

Hope that puts your mind to rest - all the best
    sculptedstylus likes this.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad 8
    Liked
    0 times
    Many thanks for the reply! I was under the impression that entry level just meant less RAM and slower processor. Didn't consider battery life would be taken into consideration too. I saw the footnote on the MeMO Pad 8 product page about how ASUS estimated the battery to last 9 hours but it didn't say that wifi was on so I began to wonder if something was up with my tablet.

Guess I'll be keeping this lovely unit then. ^_^~

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links