Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: [FAQ] The definitive thread to battery related matters on the Asus range of tablets

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi - found this forum via a search for battery on TF300. We've had the TF300 for 2 months. We did the initial 8 hr charge and then were having to charge every few days - it hadn't fully discharged at all in that time. We got a system update on Friday (must confess I just accepted without much thought so don't really know what it was but it said it would take 10 mins and during the update it ran out of charge. The last 2 days the charge has completely depleted overnight from 100% tablet, 50% dock when last used - further up the thread it says that overnight should only use 2-3%. Could it have been something in the update. I also read further up about not keeping it permenantly docked which we have pretty much been doing - oops. Should we undock ovenight, or power off completely to save battery. Or is there something else we can do? Thanks

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Just to add that this afternoon it's lost 10% charge in 1.5 h idle. Surely that's way more than should be used in idle?

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum towler12

Sorry to hear you have had these battery issues since your last firmware update.

First of all I'll link you to a thread which gives the best way to do those updates. Don't worry if you haven't done it that way before - just start now.

Secondly, yes, leaving the device docked is known in some instances to cause rapid battery drain - even when fully off (it shouldn't, but it does for some reason & no real solution has been found other than undocking when not in use ). The other thing that can happen is leaving a SD Card in the dock permanently also seems to cause a similar situation via repeated boot cycles.

I'd follow the guidance in the linked thread & then the info just given & see how you get on.

[GUIDE] How to update your firmware OTA - incremental changes & full OS updates.
    Last edited by janner43; 12-10-2012 at 10:26 AM.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks janner. I'll follow the instructions for future updates. Interesting about the SD card but now that the tablet has been undocked after full charge for about 6 hours including almost 5 of those asleep (45 mins screen on internet only) and is down to 50% would you recommend a factory reset to try and regain our previous battery usage?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Towler12 View Post
    Thanks janner. I'll follow the instructions for future updates. Interesting about the SD card but now that the tablet has been undocked after full charge for about 6 hours including almost 5 of those asleep (45 mins screen on internet only) and is down to 50% would you recommend a factory reset to try and regain our previous battery usage?
    Well something is clearly not right & yes a factory reset would certainly rule out anything more worrying like a hardware glitch. The link I posted above will take you through the process (the firmware with new OS change part) or you could follow the guide in the Master Help Guide linked in my signature, but to be honest, they are both identical

When you have done the reset, try to check that the wifi is not staying on when the device is asleep & that you don't have apps trying to constantly sync email or something similar or GPS trying to lock on constantly. There is an app recommended here to stop that sort of thing called Auto Airplane Mode, by Don. That seems to work well for many, although personally I have never needed it.

Good luck with the reset - it takes an hour or so, but is pretty straightforward.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Western Alberta, Canada ( Near the Rockies )
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times
    Hello, I'm fairly new here, have a TF700T with the dock.
    I've just read all 11 pages in this thread to see if I could have my question answered and forgive me if it was but I didn't see it.
    Anyway, I've been using the dock/tablet combo for the last few days, and now the dock is down to 2% charge & the tablet is around 76%.
    I wasn't sure if I'm supposed to run both units down before charging or what, so I just plugged the charger into the dock, and now the tablet shows a green light ( which is good ) and the dock is still charging.
    Is that the correct procedure or am I supposed to undock the unit and charge the dock separately ?

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Any combo Logger, you can plug in the dock while you're using the tablet--you can plug in the dock & take your tablet up your tree house--or you can plug in the tablet directly if you left your dock in the car. No worries. I wouldn't let them get down to 2%... but feel free to dock and charge while using, charger will top them both up at the same time.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Western Alberta, Canada ( Near the Rockies )
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    8 times
    Thanks for the reply eejit.

I thought you had to run both units down before charging but now you've cleared that up.

Btw, I'm already in my "tree House", I live in a self-built Log Home
    eejit likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    0 times

A question about dock

Hi

I am new here. Just bought TF201 and I am thinking about buying a dock too. But before I purchase, I have a few questions:

1: How long it takes to fully charge a dock from 0% to 100%?
    2: Can I insert TF201 into dock and charge them together? If so, which one will be charged first?

The main reason I want to buy a dock is for file transfer. I know it has USB, so I can connect usb from TF201 dock to my PC to transfer PDF file. Don't want to plug and unplug charge cable too often.

Thanks and have a good holiday

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Welcome to the forum smartie

Your questions are all answered in this thread - particularly in the first post, so I have moved your post here for you.

Season's Greetings.

Page 11 of 64 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links