Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: [GUIDE] Printing from your Android tablet, (or phone)

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    25 times
    So I think the next question is has someone compiled a list of where in Android they can and cannot print from?

Such as I am in the camera and clicked on the photos so I am in the gallery and have a photo and want to print. I don't see a way to share it when I am at in the app.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    What about in the case of WiFi printers? Is there no standard printing spooler in android that can be connected to available printers that don't require a physical connection? It doesn't seem like it should be necessary to go out to the cloud and back in to your printer if it already supports a wireless protocol.

edit: maybe my printer has an android app...
    Last edited by disord3r; 10-10-2012 at 10:42 AM. Reason: clarification

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    Quote Originally Posted by disord3r View Post
    What about in the case of WiFi printers? Is there no standard printing spooler in android that can be connected to available printers that don't require a physical connection? It doesn't seem like it should be necessary to go out to the cloud and back in to your printer if it already supports a wireless protocol.

edit: maybe my printer has an android app...
    While it is possible your printer has an Android app, PrinterShare will print to WiFi printers, network connected printers and blue tooth printers (at that location) without going to the cloud. PrinterShare has an eval version to see if it works with your printer but it has driver support for a ton of printers.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    wow c'est super !! I went with the second choice. I was able to print a test page on my Epson Work Force 545 - WiFi from my tablet .... just awsome

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    1 times
    fabulous! Don't forget that cloud print works with your Android smartphone too... one download ( on each device ) and done! I didn't have to do anything to connect and use: HP laptop to Asus tablet to Samsung Galaxy S3 to HP Photosmart C310 inkjet printer to Samsung ML2525 laser printer to Canon BJC55 bubblejet .

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Printing from Android

I am still hoping to run across something that will allow me to print from my TF700T unit to a PDF. Something like PrimoPDF for windows would be awesome, while I do print to hard copy sometimes most of my printing is done to PDF.

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    6 times
    I wonder why the free trial printshare app needs access to my text messages, bookmarks and history, google accounts, phone status and identity, call log and contacts ?? By comparison, Google Cloud night seem tame.

= = = = =
    I'm still thinking I'm going to get a menu item within applications to allow printing. I've installed the free printshare, found a wifi printer at my location and installed the driver. However, still no menu that I found within Firefox. But wait did share and find printer in supernotelight, can't print with the free version, but making progress. Back to Firefox, highlight some text, share ... don't see printshare option, try wifi direct, no not finding printer.

Think I'm missing a basic understanding about how printing works with android devices - will take a break, rest and read the materials.
    Last edited by DenverDave; 10-11-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Transformer Forums Legend
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1818 times
    I agree, but some people have a problem with the print job going outside the local network, (into the cloud), which it still will, even if you're printing locally using Cloud Print.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    36 times
    I have just been round this having bought a Canon ip7250 printer which has Wifi. I used the Printer Share app as the link between my TF700. At first it seemed that my printer was not supported, and indeed the app's tech people said that it was not. I downloaded the driver for the ip2000 series, which covers my model from their list and after a bit of a lumpy start, odd error messages, which I just clicked through it now works first time every time without any error messages.

When you open the app there is a menu with nine options, both messages and call log are greyed out on mine, from there it is possible to navigate to the document that you want to print, broken down by Internal storage, Micro SD and SD, obviously the last two if installed. The app then loads the document and there are two bars at the top, the left one is print and the right one is options, paper size, paper source, printout mode etc. It is possible to navigate to downloaded documents which, in my case, include .pdf files. So all in all i am very pleased with my new ability to print from the tablet

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    MeMO Pad HD 7
    Liked
    6 times
    Enduser2 - thanks for the post about your printing experiences - nice to have company

Printing with Android and printshare dies seem to be a bit of a mindset difference from the Windows print services that each application is expected to include within their app, usually in the menu. With the print share menu you mentioned, we seem to save our documents from our application, go find the save document with print share and then print it. However some applications seem to allow this process to happen from the application.

Takes a bit of getting used to to browse a webpage with Firefox, want to print something, open the printshare browser, go find the same page and print. Also not sure about printing selections vs pages. Also, a little confusing with printshare and Google Cloud print both installed, what is doing what.

Google Cloud print -
    Realized this morning I used a different Google account on the Android when printing than I did looking for the print job on the Desktop browser. Let go to: https://www.google.com/cloudprint#jobs - have to sign in - signed in, but not in cloud print - there it is cloud print - there are the print jobs in PDF formating - the entire page - still wondering how to do selected sections, but something.

At the moment, progress - way to print from Android with Cloud, seems to be to create PDF and then print the PDF from a PC with a printer. Still might be more to the Chrome browser - not sure if the Chrome needs to be on the Android or Windows PC.

Paying for the sprintshare seems might be a good option, although somewhat awkward, not a lot of alternatives to print from the Android directly to a printer that I've found. If I'm at my Windows PC to print, I'm probably not using my Memo Pad at the moment.

I hope others will share their experiences - this forum really helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links