Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: [HOW TO] Get Adobe Flash Player & the best browser experience on your tablet

Jazz
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmullan99 View Post
    This is very much the point. Flash is falling away and it is the content providers that need to move on. I know, we want to see the Flash stuff since it's there. But really if everyone (that can) would notify the webmaster of the sites to get their butts in gear, the problem may go away faster.

Cheers,
    John

True. How do you find the web master on all sites? I see some are a lot easier to find.

Also, does Boat have spell check or an add-on (I didn't see one) with it. I love it, but I miss that spell check.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Lori View Post
    For what its worth, neither the newest version of Dolphin, nor Chrome support flash. Opera does, Boat does. "So, then it seems that Opera and Boat (I need to go look at where to download it, I haven't tried that one) are the only ones to use if we still want to use flash.
    Firefox also supports already installed Flash, and its faster than Chrome at the moment:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ozilla.firefox

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    HI, I have been reading the posts here - I have the same problem - I want to use flash actually I have no choice the sites I want use flash - who know when or if they will update - in the meantime having purchase a very expensive android tf300t asus table - everything is more expensive in Austrlia more than $600 I cannot use it for exactly what I need - a disaster-
    have tired opera, dolphin, mozilla
    OK somehow has to come up with a solution

who do we have to contact -- I should point out I am not a computer whiz I struggle with the language

what is boat??????????

will a cold boat lose my data???

what happens if I do a factory reset

Please

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Hi Shiralee...

First off "nil desperandum" We'll get you there, one way or another.

1. There is a link in my signature to how to do a cold boot - it cleans caches & does not delete data. Essentially, with your device off, turn on by holding both the power & vol DOWN buttons until some small text appears in the top left corner of your screen. Then let the buttons go. Your tf300will then carry on and restart.

2. Try this link [GUIDE] How to update your firmware OTA - incremental changes & full OS updates.

Method 2 actually takes you through a Factory Reset & shows how to backup & restore your data.

3. If the cold boot doesn't get it, (2) will & actually is recommended as it resolves all the glitchy type of issues you have been experiencing.
    Sadly, Android requires quite a bit of technical fiddling to keep it running smoothly, but we've got your back.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    2 times

Adobe Flash content runs of Firefox Browser for android??

HI:

I just in stalled the latest firefox browser on my TF201. I notice that I can't play embedded flash video at weBsites. I have flash player installed on the tablet. Any firefox users out there that can advise?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TP57 View Post
    HI:

I just in stalled the latest firefox browser on my TF201. I notice that I can't play embedded flash video at weBsites. I have flash player installed on the tablet. Any firefox users out there that can advise?
    Although you have a tf201, you posted your question in tf101 help. As I had to move it, I joined it onto this thread for you

Now to your question. I suggest a cold boot (link in signature).
    If other Flash enabled browsers - Stock, Opera Mobile, Dolphin are playing OK, then...

Uninstall Firefox
    Cold boot
    Reinstall Firefox & try again.
    Last edited by janner43; 02-03-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Spelling

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Senior Moderator Meritorious
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    902 times
    Quote Originally Posted by shiralee View Post
    HI, I have been reading the posts here - I have the same problem - I want to use flash actually I have no choice the sites I want use flash - who know when or if they will update - in the meantime having purchase a very expensive android tf300t asus table - everything is more expensive in Austrlia more than $600 I cannot use it for exactly what I need - a disaster-
    have tired opera, dolphin, mozilla
    OK somehow has to come up with a solution

who do we have to contact -- I should point out I am not a computer whiz I struggle with the language

what is boat??????????

will a cold boat lose my data???

what happens if I do a factory reset

Please
    Shiralee, just thought I would answer one of your questions that hasn't been answered yet, "what is boat?" It's Boat Browser and can be installed from the Play store, it's free, and, I think, is still utilizing Flash!
    Asus Eee Pad TF101 (gave to wife); Samsung Galaxy Note 8 phone and tablet

The Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html
    Guidelines of Conduct http://www.transformerforums.com/for...orums-com.html
    Frederuco's Fantastical Forum Favorites http://www.transformerforums.com/for...favorites.html
    Asus T100 Master Help Guide http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    6 times

Which browser is best?

I wasn't really that pleased with the stock browser that came on my pad and I run both Chrome and Firefox on my PC so I have spent some time experimenting with these. Each one seems to have it's own pros and cons. I found the stock browser kind of slow and had issues with it crashing quite often. Chrome seems to run OK but can hang up when downloading pages with lots of graphics and images. Firefox is the worst for me. There is a huge drag in time while typing on my keyboard dock and at times it is unresponsive. I also have frequent crashes where the screen starts flashing on and off repeatedly until it just crashes. Yet I prefer how it presents some of my frequently used web pages like Google plus.

I also tried Lastpass as I use it on my PC but while it is convenient for logging into sights where I have passwords to enter it is not very user friendly for searching the web or using my bookmarks.

I am now playing with ICS+ or whatever it is called. Oh well, your mileage may vary.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times

Question Adobe Flash Drive

Purchased the 700 couple days ago, can't download the latest version of the Adobe which is aproblem for some sebsite and Skype. Any solution?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tleung View Post
    Purchased the 700 couple days ago, can't download the latest version of the Adobe which is aproblem for some sebsite and Skype. Any solution?
    Welcome to the forum

In your welcome PM you will find a link to the Master Help Guide. Browsing through that or searching would have turned up this thread which is where your post belongs, rather than in its own thread. I've moved it here for you.

In the first post of this thread is a full explanation of how to get Adobe Flash Player if it is not in the Play Store
    That will help with your browsing, but Flash has no effect on Skype. As the TF is not an officially supported device on Skype, performance can be variable with that app.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links