Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Welcome to the forum

This thread covers the process for you - you'll see that you'll need "method 2". The failure you describe is covered in that guide. See the first post and keep on trying.

Of course this is presuming that nothing unusual has been done to the tf101? - if it has been rooted or has a custom ROM, you'll need to do some more research after you have identified which ROM has been loaded.

(Thread merged)

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi all!

I have loved my Asus Transformer TF700T!

However, my current challenge is that somehow- when I was logging into a website a few months ago, I believe my Asus TF700T decided that that password was going to also be for my Asus TF700T. I did not know why- and wrote the password down somewhere but lost it (that password) and every so often tried different passwords- no luck.
    I came to the forum and saw this Factory reset thread-
    and I did everything- all options- and none worked.

I turned off the machine, helld down the power button and the volume down button until screen came up full- no luck.
    I turned off the machine, helld down the power button and the volume up button until screen came up full- no luck.

I noticed that the tablet itself does not have a volume button on it- but the dock has volume keys and those were what I used.
    Is it possible that for the TF700T there is a different method for factory reset?
    unfortunately there is no way for me to get my wifi connected while I am locked out.

Thanks for your attention!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Hi healthylaw. Welcome to the forum.

Don't use the dock -- The TF700 tablet itself has a "volume rocker" about 2.5 inches long on the left side of the tablet. Just above the HDMI port. [If it's anything like the TF300 design] so press on the bottom section to lower volume, and do that in addition to the power button to get to the options - [recovery, boot the android OS, wipe data] -- the procedures oulined in the Master Help Guide [factory reset, Cold Boot, firmware install] have all been used thousands of times by members.
    Last edited by Swipe; 03-09-2015 at 02:43 PM.

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Yes, do that ^^^^^
    Except on the TF700 the volume rocker is on the top right (if you hold it in landscape), opposite to the Power button.
    Left side of the rocker is Volume Down, right side is Volume UP.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I have done the factory reset on my TF101 (three times as recommended). The resets all seemed to go as predicted.

My problem is that I'm once again back at splash screen with no way to re-set my tablet. If I Power off, the 101 turns back on by itself, again going to splash screen. Ant ideas?

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    Quote Originally Posted by doffill View Post
    I have done the factory reset on my TF101 (three times as recommended). The resets all seemed to go as predicted.

My problem is that I'm once again back at splash screen with no way to re-set my tablet. If I Power off, the 101 turns back on by itself, again going to splash screen. Ant ideas?
    You could try manually reflashing the firmware - check the guide in the Master Help Guide linked below.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    2 times
    If I may add sth to this useful thread:

On older transformers / android versions, PlayStore is dead after the factory reset, and no cache cleaning, or cold booting, or whatever can make it work. Not even time passing by... .
    The only workaround I found (after 2 days searching) is here:

STOCK TF101 - Factory reset, Google Play Sto… | Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

which means:
    1. Find the .apk file (search: "play store", not "playstore"!!!) using a different device of course, as stock browser probably doesn't work either.
    2. Copy it via sd card to the TF and run it.
    3. Allow installation of Non-Market apps at the message that appears, or through the Settings \ Security.

Everything else gets updated automatically from there-on.
    Hope it helped.
    janner43 and Swansduck like this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times
    Alexis: many thanks for the heads-up -- much appreciated. I'm on the verge of doing my first factory reset of our lovely loyal TF101 and as nervous as hell about finishing up confronting more problems after the reset than were ever there before. The disappearance of Playstore would've had me tearing out what hair I have left.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    5 times

Flashplayer apk version number

As mentioned in my thanks to Alexis, I'm on the verge of attempting a factory reset of our Transformer TF101. Whether or not that will cure the unit's sudden failings (after FIVE years of blissful reliability) I've no idea, but a reset seems worth trying. As I am NOT any kind of tecchie, a reset is to me the equivalent of stepping out onto the highest board, plunging forwards, and trusting to luck there's enough depth of water below to make the dive non-fatal.

The comprehensive guide on this thread is greatly appreciated, so apologies if I'm being unbelievably cautious in treading very, very slowly. My particular concern is to ensure that Adobe Flashplayer isn't lost, so I've followed the advice in the How To and downloaded, from the Adobe link, Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4 (11.1.115.81). seeing as how the advice is to DL the newest version listed, so if there is one with a number higher than 32 in the last two digits, select that.

Our much-loved TF101 -- not rooted, not modified, not flashed, not much of anything really -- is running Android 4.03, which appears to be the last OS update Asus provided. As that is quite a while ago now, I have also downloaded Flash Player 11.1 for Android 4 (11.1.115.34), as this seems to be the first of the new versions after 11.1.115.32 mentioned in the text.

Both files are now safely on my PC, ready for transfer to the Asus after the reset. Obviously, only one of those versions will be transferred / installed, hence the following idiotic question (though I'd rather look like an idiot with a functioning TF101 than a clever sod with a bricked TF101):

In view of the sheer age of our TF101 and its 4.03 OS version, should I go ahead and install the very latest Adobe version (115.81) or would it be wiser to install the earlier 115.34.

I know what the guide says. But it was written quite some while ago now -- and yes, in the past and where the Windows OS is concerned, I have followed the step-by-step advice of a how-to only for (a) everything to go pear-shaped because (b) the how-to was out of date.

Advice much appreciated -- thanks.

PS: Thanks to Alexis's tip, I've also DL'd the Playstore apk. It may never be needed. But it's nice to know it's here and ready to be installed if required.

Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2826 times
    The guide is completely valid and still applies. Use the .81 version of the Flash apk.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links