Read your own documents on Google Play Books
Have a collection of documents you want to read on the go? Now you can upload your PDF and EPUB files to store on Google Play Books so you can read them on the web and your Android and iOS devices.
After uploading your files, you can read them on all your devices when signed into your account on Google Play Books. Best of all, your page positions, along with any bookmarks, highlights, and notes you've added to your documents are synced across all your devices so that you can pick up reading right where you left off - whether you're using your phone, tablet, or home computer.
Upload files to your library
To add files to your library, visit your library on the web and sign into your Google account.
Please note: Files can only be uploaded to your Google Play account through the web and cannot be directly uploaded from the Google Play Books app at this time.
- Locate Uploads on the menu screen
- Select the Upload button and choose a file from your computer or Google Drive account to upload
- Multiple files can be uploaded at a time
- Verify that your files have been uploaded and processed successfully
- Please note: Depending on the size of your files, it may take up to one hour for new uploads to be processed before they can be accessed through your account.
- Once uploaded and processed, your files will be available in your library through the Google Play Books app on all your devices when signed in to your account.
Before adding files to your account, please make sure that you have the appropriate rights to the files you’re uploading. If an uploaded file violates our (Google's) terms of service, your file may be removed from your library.
Supported file types and sizes
Currently, only EPUB and PDF files can be uploaded
Up to 1,000 files can be uploaded to your account
Files can be up to 50 MB in size
Certain types of content (e.g., audio, video) may not be supported
DRM-protected files are not supported