It's been a while since this happened but I figured i might as well try to find out how to fix my tablet rather than buying a new one. So I had my tablet for about 2 years. The first year everything was well until my baby cousin stepped on my charger and dragged my tablet down to the floor. That destroyed my charger port so I bought a new charger port and had a friend fix it for me. It worked well for about 4-5 months, and then all of a sudden it made this really loud screeching noise, and shut down. After it shut down, my tablet reset itself and then shuts down again. After that, it stops turning on and stopped charging. At first, I thought it was just the battery but it couldn't have been because everything was working fine up to that point. But now, my tablet is completely dead. I have tried buying a new charger for it to see if the charger was the problem but that didn't work either. I read forums over forums about issues like this, but it seems to be all computer related only. So now I'm stuck. Is the tablet damage to the point where I have to replace it? Or is there a way to fix this issue? I would like to know so I don't go out and spend $200-$300 on a new tablet.

P.S. If you are wondering, I did not buy this product. It was given to me as a gift from my academy in high school.