Thread: 2 months and 2 RMA's later....

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times

2 months and 2 RMA's later....

The dock on my TF701t was faulty. I rma'ed it at the start of January - I've sent Asus this email today...

Hi,

I am writing concerning my recent experience of returning a faulty product to Asus and your partner Letmerepair.

I have now been 2 months without my Transformer TF701t. I originally requested an RMA early January (###). This process took an extremely long time, and only resolved itself after countless phone calls to Letmerepair.

When the product was returned it was still faulty. It was returned again (###).

Can I point at this here, that I have two of these units. The fault was obviously with the base and not with the tablet. I had tested it at home. Regardless, Letmerepair insisted on having the tablet back as well on both occasions. I could have had this intolerable delay somewhat ameliorated by having the tablet itself, whilst the base was repaired.

I have now called numerous times, and been promised priority attention. I have been promised numerous call backs that have never happened. I have spoken to at least 5 different people, who have promised me undivided attention on first call, to mysteriously never be there when I call back. I have only once spoken to the same person twice.

I have bought countless Asus products in the past, including motherboards, networking equipment, laptops and tablets.

I have wasted too much valuable time chasing this. And I am appalled by the disrespectful and deceitful manner in which you treat your customers. Front line staff have clearly been given training in how to speak to angry customers, calm them down and modify their expectations before returning them to the back of the queue. That person is then never available to speak to again. This process is both cynical and, frankly, I'd suggest, in the long term, both untenable and counter productive.

I would like to know clearly, where my tablet is, when it will be repaired, when I will receive it and what you intend to do to remedy the appalling experience I have had.

I am about to post this to every Asus/Transformer related forum and social media outlet I can find.

Regards,

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    Sorry to hear that jemmm. Fustrating doesn't begin to describe such a delay. I'm guessing ASUS_USA (a member here) will jump all over this and help make things right....or you can use the PM feature here and send them a message. A phone call(s) might also serve you better as people seem to get a little more action that way....and yes, I know from your OP you have gone that route too. Not making excuses, that is some super shoddy customer service. Please keep us informed on your progress, post it back here, k? Goodluck.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum Jemmm.

I would contact Asus customer support as eejit has advised and let them know their authorized repair depot Letmerepair is acting in that manner. Perhaps Asus will drop them from their support program due to such shoddy service.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Maybe I'm suggesting things you've already tried but if you know the location of the facility the repair is at you can call them directly and speak to someone who has direct access to the RMA cast files. I did that when I had a repair issue and it was solved way fast that way. Perhaps you can convince them you need a replacement.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi. OP here... I'd spoke to countless people at the site in Glasgow - they were absolutely awful. I basically emailed every Asus UK address I could find this morning and the Chief Executive of the repair facility. And then I started tweeting the link to the post above. Funnily enough I got a text this afternoon saying that it would be with me Monday. Just need to see if it's fixed this time. And I still want a response from them regarding my treatment. Will post back.

Thanks,
    j.
    eejit likes this.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok... I'm back.... I just received the following email from the chief executive of the company responsible for Asus's repairs in the UK.

Can you please detail your concerns regarding the service and I will investigate and revert accordingly.

I understand your unit was delivered at 14.19 yesterday however I would appreciate your feedback in order to improve our service if LMR has failed to meet your satisfaction during the repair of your unit.

Best regards,
    Billy.
    ==============================
    William McPherson
    Managing Director

LetMeRepair UK Ltd
    I'm not sure which bit of the first email I sent him he struggled with, it seemed quite clear to me. However, I did the decent thing and jogged his memory for him... and cc'ed everyone at Asus I could into my reply. :-)

Billy,

I emailed at length regarding my concerns on Friday. I have copied the email below, but to be clear;

1. Is it acceptable for it to take two months and two RMA's in order to ensure a fully repaired unit?
    2. If the issue is clearly with the dock, would it not be clever to be a little more flexible, at least on the second RMA and not insist on the tablet returning as well.
    3. Is it not reasonable to expect to be able to speak to the same person on more than one occasion?
    4. Is it not reasonable to expect more than a 1 in 5 chance of you holding to your word of callbacks?
    5. Why is it not possible to speak to anyone in authority on the phone?

I have no doubt that on both occasions that the unit has been returned, it has only received any kind of attention due to the fact that I was beginning to run out of patience. On the two occasions that I have escalated issues beyond speaking to people on the front line, I have immediately received emails telling me that my unit was on it's way back. Coincidence?

Two months, two RMA's, countless phone calls with numerous people. Is this really acceptable?

Regards,
    Part of me hasn't the time and energy for this - part of me is sure that they rely on that in order to treat people like *edit* So I'm going to persevere.

J.
    Last edited by Swipe; 03-10-2015 at 03:59 AM. Reason: forum guidelines of conduct regarding language use

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF701
    Liked
    1 times
    Ok - Billy from Letmerepair got back to me this morning:

Please allow me to respond to your issues below.

1. No, it is not acceptable, however parts on occasion do fail and the PCB from the base clearly failed after the first repair, which incidentally passed all our tests prior to being shipped, and as such the unit had to be returned for further repair. We have limited control over the parts and sometimes delays are possible. We accept however that 3 weeks to repair the unit on each occasion is lengthy and inconvenient and we apologise accordingly.
    2. Unfortunately we must receive both commodities, especially on 2nd Returns, to ensure both units are working. This is the case for all ASUS products.
    3. We have a team of support staff and an IT system to control emails and calls which are available to all members of the team. It is not always possible, or necessary, to speak to the same person as everyone has visibility of the issue.
    4. I spoke with the team and they deny only returning your calls on one occasion from five requests. Unfortunately I have no supporting information to verify the calls to and from LMR.
    5. There are two senior members of the team and I am assured you spoke with both. If a complaint is raised, we request that this is placed in writing and it will be answered accordingly.

Once again, I apologise for the delay in returning your product. It is very unusual that parts fail after such a short time and this exacerbated the situation by requiring another collection and repair.

I hope the repair is now to your satisfaction and you have no further issues with your product.

Best regards,
    Billy.
    My reply;

Billy,

Frankly, no. I am really unhappy with the way this has been handled from start to finish, and your staff appear to be now calling me dishonest.

Also; "We have a team of support staff and an IT system to control emails and calls" and "Unfortunately I have no supporting information to verify the calls to and from LMR" - appear contradictory to me.

No matter, I have bought countless Asus products in the past. I won't be buying them again. I've recommended Asus in the past, and I won't be recommending them again.

Regards,
    I'm going to send a link to the forum to everyone who has been involved in the email at Asus, and suggest that they may want to comment here.

Asus USA Social Media Team
    Member #
    Tablet
    Uncategorised
    Liked
    154 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jemmm View Post
    The dock on my TF701t was faulty. I rma'ed it at the start of January - I've sent Asus this email today...

Hi,

I am writing concerning my recent experience of returning a faulty product to Asus and your partner Letmerepair.

I have now been 2 months without my Transformer TF701t. I originally requested an RMA early January (###). This process took an extremely long time, and only resolved itself after countless phone calls to Letmerepair.

When the product was returned it was still faulty. It was returned again (###).

Can I point at this here, that I have two of these units. The fault was obviously with the base and not with the tablet. I had tested it at home. Regardless, Letmerepair insisted on having the tablet back as well on both occasions. I could have had this intolerable delay somewhat ameliorated by having the tablet itself, whilst the base was repaired.

I have now called numerous times, and been promised priority attention. I have been promised numerous call backs that have never happened. I have spoken to at least 5 different people, who have promised me undivided attention on first call, to mysteriously never be there when I call back. I have only once spoken to the same person twice.

I have bought countless Asus products in the past, including motherboards, networking equipment, laptops and tablets.

I have wasted too much valuable time chasing this. And I am appalled by the disrespectful and deceitful manner in which you treat your customers. Front line staff have clearly been given training in how to speak to angry customers, calm them down and modify their expectations before returning them to the back of the queue. That person is then never available to speak to again. This process is both cynical and, frankly, I'd suggest, in the long term, both untenable and counter productive.

I would like to know clearly, where my tablet is, when it will be repaired, when I will receive it and what you intend to do to remedy the appalling experience I have had.

I am about to post this to every Asus/Transformer related forum and social media outlet I can find.

Regards,
    jemmm - We are incredibly sorry that such an unfavorable situation has befallen you. If you'd still like assistance in resolving this please email us at socialsupprtus@asus.com with a copy of your posted problem description along with your unit's serial number and we'll do our best to help you.

If you have any further questions, comments or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. We will be more than happy to assist you. Once again, thank you for choosing ASUS products and services.

Thank you.

-In Search of Incredible-

Technical Support Department
    ASUS :: ASUS Service | North America
    Asus USA is a social support channel for North American purchasers. UK users requiring warranty support should contact their retailer. For other geographic locations, please check your product documentation or the Asus website for your locality and follow the support section instructions.

Transformer Forums is a privately owned "user to user" forum and is not affiliated with ASUSTeK Computer Inc in any way.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links