Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times

General Android Development Discussions

PLEASE NOTE THIS THREAD IS FOR GENERAL DISCUSSION & "CHIT-CHAT ON THIS SUBJECT. IT IS NOT THE PLACE TO ASK DEVICE SPECIFIC QUESTIONS. PLEASE DO THAT IN THE RELEVANT MODEL DEVELOPMENT FORUM. THANK YOU. (Admin)

Discussions from another thread were moved here to keep that thread on topic and to allow this one to go off topic

Quote Originally Posted by LetMeKnow View Post
    Well put and I am very sure a lot users can be benefit...

I see a lot of threads helping average users to solve their problems but I don't see a lot of posts for advanced users on tweaks and understanding about their devices. Most of valuable information coming from advanced users. Just my thoughts...
    If I have time, I will be creating a post in the Xposed framework as well. It seems like a no brainer to educate people on that powerful tool.

I myself don't use it but for users of ROMs like CROMI X it is a fantastic tool.

I'm trying to think of any other guides we are in need of. We don't really have anything for the ME301t, but there has not been much demand either.
    Last edited by Gtanner00; 01-18-2015 at 11:07 PM.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Developer & Repair Magician
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    335 times
    I'm afraid I see the demand decreasing, pretty much across the board as far as Android-powered machines go. I think it's a crying shame, too, I was hoping Google would finally manage to do what Apple couldn't: take Microsoft down a few notches.

The demand for Xposed will decrease also as it won't run on Lollipop. Unless of course they update it, but as I understand it that would be a huge effort, it is all about Dalvik not ART. I do hope CROMi-X remains popular for a good long while, it does make the 700 into a workhorse machine.
    Master Help Guide--guide to help from the masters:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

T100 Master Help Guide:Caster's comprehensive guide to comprehending the T100
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...elp-guide.html

TF100 FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about the TF100:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...s-guides-tips/

What Got Me In to All This Trouble--Linux live CD with ADB & Fastboot:
    http://www.transformerforums.com/for...x-live-cd.html

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Interestingly, I am beta testing for a project simply called "Overlays" which is a framework based customizable alternative to xposed without any of the slowdowns or incompatibility issues. It is lollipop only for now and was only released yesterday and is being implemented into nexus roms. Apparently the possibilities for theming are insane because you can theme any 3rd party app or component of Android. (I'm only using it for navbar size right now)

As for the current tablet situation, I'm with you. I also have less of a need for a transformer type device since getting a new (fullsize) laptop. I'm more interested in a phablet style device which suits my needs better.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

______

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    ZOMBi-POP beta was released today. Try it and I don't think you'll be looking back - unless you miss the Asus UI that is...
    I've been beta testing it the last couple of days and in my book it provides the best user experience yet on the TF700. Very smooth!
    3 kernels to choose from, I would recommend the OMNI kernel. _that11 works fine too but the Grimlock is a little buggy.

[ROM]★[TF700 LP 5.0.2][ZOMBi-POP OMNI … | Asus Transformer TF700 | XDA Forums

@Gtanner00 Garnet, that sounds very interesting. Let me know if there is a forum/thread to follow.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by droidbound View Post
    ZOMBi-POP beta was released today. Try it and I don't think you'll be looking back - unless you miss the Asus UI that is...
    I've been beta testing it the last couple of days and in my book it provides the best user experience yet on the TF700. Very smooth!
    3 kernels to choose from, I would recommend the OMNI kernel. _that11 works fine too but the Grimlock is a little buggy.

[ROM]★[TF700 LP 5.0.2][ZOMBi-POP OMNI | Asus Transformer TF700 | XDA Forums

@Gtanner00 Garnet, that sounds very interesting. Let me know if there is a forum/thread to follow.
    It is interesting. It sounds like the overlays are pretty easy to create as well (even for you and I)

This post has all the commits developers need and a link to the Github page.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ostcount=36598

The overlay management app is in open beta right now on google plus along with an app called ROM mate (self explanatory) for his current ROM called Frank.
    https://plus.google.com/communities/...17366580091389

I believe Paranoid Android is working to implement the project into their own builds. The unbelievable thing is that the team has been developing this for only about a week.

Also, I dont know if you saw my post regarding the prime user with the inverted digitizer? I was hoping one of you might be able to figure out how to modify the kernel and add the proper patch.

PS. I think we might want to move this discussion somewhere else... It's getting off topic. I will use my skills to do that now if you dont mind.
    Last edited by Gtanner00; 01-18-2015 at 11:12 PM.
    droidbound and Swipe like this.

______

Chief Customizer & Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    711 times
    Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

Yeah, I saw your post about the inverted digitizer and although I am vaguely familiar with that person on XDA you mentioned, I wouldn't trust that guy. :-P

Seriously, compiling kernels is way beyond my skill level. I won't be able to help there....

Good idea to move this to OT, btw
    And thumsup to your 201 guide!

Guide Guru & Forum Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    Other - Chromebook
    Liked
    2825 times
    Interesting thread guys & well done for being tidy

I think you have been a little hard on yourselves though - this isn't "off topic" - I think the thread is more at home in Asus Android Tablets General, so I have moved the thread there for you & stuck it.

I have also added a note to the OP to try and prevent device specific questions from members

Keep up the great "techy" work guys.

PLEASE Search for existing threads before posting a new one. Thanks.

Your opinion matters. But should you disagree - please try not to be disagreeable

Forum guide - here ~~ T100 FAQs - here ~~ Cold boot - here

Adobe Flash Player & Browser Guide here

Master Help Guide - here ~~ FAQ malware - here ~~ FAQ e-reading - here
    Mobile OS devices personal pantheon...
    ANDROID: Doogee DG310; SGS; Huawei Y300; Motoroloa Xoom 2ME; Razr; Defy Mini; CnM Touchpad II;
    Asus TF101; Lenovo A1; Samsung Tab 2 7.0
    APPLE: iPhone 4s; iPhone 5c; iPhone 6; iPhone 7; iPad 3; iPad Mini 2; iPad Air 2 64gb
    CHROMEBOOK: HP 14-Q010sa Celeron 14 Inch 4GB 16GB Chromebook - White.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Thanks Janner. I've been thinking about having a thread like this for a while.

Does anyone remember the tf700 chat lounge that was around about 18 months ago? I guess people forgot about it.

______

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links