Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times

transformer product line vs memo pad product line

Hi all, first-time poster and first-time tablet buyer.
    Asus transformers drew me because of reputation, build quality, and keyboard docks that extend functionality and battery life.
    Searched in the forums, couldn't find a comparison between 1) the transformer line and 2) the memo pad line...I'm looking for specs comparisons as well as real-world usage comparisons.
    In the end, I'd like to buy an asus tablet with a keyboard dock that has long battery life, is reliable and won't give me trouble - i.e. I won't have to do too much troubleshooting or repairs. It'll be for both work and play. Last, if you've bought a refurb asus tablet from a reputable website, pls tell me the name of the website. Thanks for any feedback and recommendations!

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times
    Welcome to the forum.

Here is the official Asus page where you compare the features and specs:

Tablets & Mobile - ASUS MeMO Pad

Here's a screenshot:

30 March, 2014 114644 AM PDT.png

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    The memo pad smart 10 is almost completely compatible to the tf30p except for the docking function.

All of the other memo pads are either using inexpensive CPU chips, or high performance Intel mobile chips rather than. Nvidia tegra chips available in the transformers.

The advantage of the tegra chip is in graphics processing for mobile gaming.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for all the info! It looks like the MeMO Pads can't really beat the Transformers, in general. At least, the MeMO Pads don't have docking stations. That extra battery for the Transformers really seals the deal for me. Although, one could argue processor performance is more important than battery life, which can be mitigated by plugging it in but you can't do anything about the processor.

In your opinion, does the TF300T have any advantage over the TF700, except for price?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkkent733 View Post
    Thanks for all the info! It looks like the MeMO Pads can't really beat the Transformers, in general. At least, the MeMO Pads don't have docking stations. That extra battery for the Transformers really seals the deal for me. Although, one could argue processor performance is more important than battery life, which can be mitigated by plugging it in but you can't do anything about the processor.

In your opinion, does the TF300T have any advantage over the TF700, except for price?
    The tf300 would be considered a lower tier model compared to the tf700. The materials used are plastic vs metal.

The most viable difference is the display. The tf300 has a resolution of 1280 x 720 and the tf700 is 1920 x 1200. Lastly, to power that display, the 700 needs a higher speed processor.

You may want to consider spending the money on the newer tf701 which came out last fall as both the 700 and 300 are almost two year old models and are at the end of their support cycle for updates. Technology changes so fast and its good to keep up with the changes when making purchases even if it means spending more money in the short term.

You will probably read a lot on this forum that states the tf700 especially as being prone to slow down and lag over time. This is partly due to the low quality memory that Asus used in its earlier models.

The 701 has a much higher speed tegra 4 processor that should have no problems at all powering a high resolution screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    I took Gtanner00's advice and got a used TF701T from Amazon Warehouse Deals. It's fast and smooth, with a great screen. Next up is to find a good case that supports the keyboard dock, find a good cheap matte screen protector, find a good custom rom, and then save up for the dock. Thanks for all your help!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links