Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times

Buying a tablet

Hi,

I;m thinking about buying one of the following memo pads (they are about the same price):
    1. ASUS MeMO Pad 10 Smart ME301T
    2. ASUS MeMO Pad ME102a.

Is there a review that compare the two?

Which one is better for gaming? watching movies/pictures?

Thanks, for all the help

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    There's already a topic...

Software differences in ME301T and ME102A

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    None
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by zeo View Post
    Thanks,
    But it doesn't seem to be an answers there.

From what I've read:
    me301t has a tegra 3 quad core with 1.2.
    me102a is most likely to have rockchip 3188 quad core with 1.6 and with Mali-400MP4 GPU.
    from these specs it seems there is a resembles between the me102a and the first galaxy note 10.1 or the Galaxy s3 => can assume that they will have similar performances?

so, which of these two specs which is better for gaming and watching movies?

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Rockchip started out as a media device company, and so they usually have pretty good media optimization but it's a lower end SoC compared to the Tegra 3... So, you'd generally be better off with the Tegra 3, especially for gaming...
    Spacebridge and Swipe like this.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    84 times
    Good advice Zeo....I'm also interested in the Memo tablets and play many games as well as watch YouTube but for some reason I thought New tablets would all be getting the Tegra 4 or is that for the high end systems. Anyhow I would like something that is either close to or better than my TF300T any suggestions without high jacking ab81's thread....and thanks in advance.

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebridge View Post
    Good advice Zeo....I'm also interested in the Memo tablets and play many games as well as watch YouTube but for some reason I thought New tablets would all be getting the Tegra 4 or is that for the high end systems. Anyhow I would like something that is either close to or better than my TF300T any suggestions without high jacking ab81's thread....and thanks in advance.
    Its not a good time to be shopping for 10 inch tablets as the selection of new models is limited.

You could look at the lg pad 8.3 which is a little smaller. Also Samsung just announced the galaxy tab pro 10.1 with 2gb RAM and octocore processor (like the one on the new note tablet and phone)

The Mobile world congress trade show is just around the corner so stay tuned for more announcements

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Rescue Squad
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    VivoTab Note 8
    Liked
    233 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    Its not a good time to be shopping for 10 inch tablets as the selection of new models is limited.

You could look at the lg pad 8.3 which is a little smaller. Also Samsung just announced the galaxy tab pro 10.1 with 2gb RAM and octocore processor (like the one on the new note tablet and phone)

The Mobile world congress trade show is just around the corner so stay tuned for more announcements
    Agreed, it doesn't help that Nvidia didn't get as many design wins as they had hoped for the Tegra 4 and most companies seemed to have focused on the phone market... Though, that has generally helped lower pricing all around but also lowered demand for the latest cutting edge product in the meantime...

Hopefully, we'll see what they actually plan on doing after the MWC... but you can partly thank the trend for pushing LTE support, which primarily helps Qualcomm but not the other companies that haven't yet gone either integrated with LTE or can't yet offer a high end product with LTE... So many are focusing on lower end devices that such specs aren't expected to be in...

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links