Thread: which tablet to buy?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I meant that what people mentiond about pricecut sales or deals on refurbished models may not apply to 3g versions so you may pay full price for any of those models.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    I meant that what people mentiond about pricecut sales or deals on refurbished models may not apply to 3g versions so you may pay full price for any of those models.
    gotcha.
    where can I buy it?
    In italy is around 700€ which is 900$... I've seen that in the US are way cheaper so maybe is better for me to have it shipped

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie15 View Post
    gotcha.
    where can I buy it?
    In italy is around 700€ which is 900$... I've seen that in the US are way cheaper so maybe is better for me to have it shipped

I have seen now that the 3g version of the Infinity, which is the TF700KL, has a slower processor than the TF300T... how come? is it really slower?

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    255 times
    It's a totally different processor, a dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon vs. a quad-core Nvidia Tegra 3. If it's slower.. I don't know. It probably depends on usage.

-Tor

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the TF700KL and I think it kind of slow in performance. I had at Medion E10310 from Aldi at first and sent i back because of slow performance, but i think TF700KL is about the same.
    I tried it side by side with an Ipad3 yesterday and the Ipad seemed faster in browser, no matter which browser I used (Puffin,Boat Browser, stock, Chrome). You can't from what i have read not do the cold boot (hard reset) as the TF700T, so I think you have to live with slower performance than TF700T. But the screen is just perfect and with a SIM-card I feel it goes really fast.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    Researching Tablets
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Tomb58, but at the end, I decided for the TF700KL. 'bout it from germany.
    it was only 100€ more than the TF300 so I said myself "why buying a tablet with lower resolution, when with 100bucks I can get a tablet with higher resolution than the IPAD?"
    so well then, I went for that one
    it's also 4g, so I'm getting a 4g sim.
    I've seen some videos of the performance and looked perfect, neat, fast, and precise. I've red around that the dualcore of 1.5ghz is pretty much the same as the quad-core with lower ghz, so I thaught it was good for me. with the benchmark, is way faster than the TF300, so as the decision was between TF300 and 70... 'nuff said
    The courier hasn't shipped it yet, so I have'nt tried it on, but i'm pretty sure it'll be perfect for my needs.

Also I've read around that all the asus tarnsformer tablet are very bad in internet browsing no matter what browser you're using..

now, two things:

1) the keyboard has the german layout, which is similar for numbers, but is different as italian layout is "qwertY" when the german is "qwertZ". does somebody knows what ap do I have to install to put italian layout, and does somebody knows if it's fphisically possible to substitute the Y with the Z?
    2) is there a website with accessories for the asus transformer TF700?

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Your question regarding keyboard input languages has an easy solutionif in fact you ar refering to the touch screen keyboard rather than the keyboard dock setup. The keyboard docks are sold both seperate or with the tablet as a package depending on whether you purchased it or not. They come in a couple different layouts so if you were to order seperatly the keyboard you can choose between qwertz and qwerty.

The software (touch) keyboard is much simpler. where you purchased the tablet has nothing to do with the languages it offers. when you start up the tablet for the first time you will first choose the system language which is used for all menus, settings, etc. (in your case you would choose Italian or english whichever you prefer. The second step is choosing the input language which effects two things. One is the keyboard layout which will be the one commonly used by the language you choose, and the other is the spelling autocorrect which needs to know what language you type in so as to correct mistakes.

These settings are not set in stone and you can select multiple input languages and switch between them all. For example, you can revert back to the english keyboard when you make posts on this forum!

All of this can be accessed via the language and input settings on the tablet. from there you can also enable alternative keyboards to the default ASUS one (I prefer the google one as it has a slightly smaller layout for my hands) you can find alternate keyboards i.e google, swype, swiftkey in the google play app store.

do not hesitate to keep posting on this forum if you have any questions, we are happy to help. Also remember to change your profile so that we know you have a tf700kl now
    Swipe likes this.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T102HA
    Liked
    1225 times

Also I've read around that all the asus transformer tablet are very bad in internet browsing no matter what browser you're using..
    You've been reading the wrong places. What does "very bad in Internet Browsing" mean?

These tablets aren't desktops with 8gb Ram or 4gb laptops. There are many other factors that can also impact your browsing experience.

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    Other - iOS
    Liked
    13 times
    which TF700 you refer? there are SO many TF700...
    Are there many TF700? I thought there's only one model for this one. hehe. But yeah, it's expensive but worth the money

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Not witch tablet witch warranty square trade

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links