Thread: Asus customer service really bad

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times

Asus customer service really bad

Can I just note customer service for this company sucks. My Infinity developed charging issues a few months after I got it last year, and finally I had to send it to Texas to be repaired, which meant paying for shipping (it was still under warranty so I shouldn't have had to do that) and being without it for 15 days before it was returned. It came back with a new shorter charging cable but at least was working fine until last week. Now the cable is acting up and it's hit or miss before it successfully connects (I usually have to try it 5 or 6 times before it hits). I did a live online chat with a customer service rep and asked if they would send me a new cable and he said I had to ship in the defective cable first. Seriously? I have friends with iPads who have walked into an Apple store and walked out with a brand new iPad on the spot if theirs was defective. I'm not planning on joining them, I love Android, but I guarantee my next tablet is not going to be an Asus. They don't seem to have a clue how to treat customers. My first Asus is also my last.
    Last edited by Manhattan123; 07-25-2013 at 08:40 PM.
    Tropical_lime likes this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    You're saying that your iPad friends can just walk in without their defective iPad and get a new one? Wow! Sign me up!!!

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    1 times
    No they have to bring in their old one, but they can get it replaced with little hassle. I guess not allowed to criticize Asus here without a snarky reply from a moderator huh? Ok, there's other forums. Enjoy your Asus product and friendly little community.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    I'm sorry but you are the one who stated Asus wants to receive your defective cable before they send you a new one. And you couldn't believe it. Then you brought up about your iPad friends and I just assumed....

Besides, when you RMA never send in your Power cable. They got them all over the place and accidentally swapped yours with one they have been using probably numerous times on other customers.

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan123 View Post
    Can I just note customer service for this company sucks. My Infinity developed charging issues a few months after I got it last year, and finally I had to send it to Texas to be repaired, which meant paying for shipping (it was still under warranty so I shouldn't have had to do that) and being without it for 15 days before it was returned. It came back with a new shorter charging cable but at least was working fine until last week. Now the cable is acting up and it's hit or miss before it successfully connects (I usually have to try it 5 or 6 times before it hits). I did a live online chat with a customer service rep and asked if they would send me a new cable and he said I had to ship in the defective cable first. Seriously? I have friends with iPads who have walked into an Apple store and walked out with a brand new iPad on the spot if theirs was defective. I'm not planning on joining them, I love Android, but I guarantee my next tablet is not going to be an Asus. They don't seem to have a clue how to treat customers. My first Asus is also my last.
    Hi Manhattan,
    I suggest that you calm down and reason out what is the problem. First, do you have a keyboard dock? If you do are you charging through that dock? If you don't have a dock, then you must be charging through the wall wart (the part of the charge that plugs into your outlet for 120 volts - know as your main outlet). Now it could be you have a charger (wall wart) problem and not a cable problem. Connect your tablet up to your pc using the cable (if you have a dock it will not be used for this step). The usb connection on the pc will very slowly charge your tablet if the cable is not the problem. Then you would know that you have a wall wart problem. In that case it is not worth the time to argue with Asus. Their wall warts are not one of the best designed part of the transformer series including the infinity. I had somewhat the same problem with my prime. It would not charge from the wall wart, but it would from my pc (albeit very, very slow - you have to keep your tablet connected to the pc overnight and be sure that the pc does not go to sleep or turn off during that period). If it is a wall wart problem I suggest you do what I did. I ordered a $15 wall wart and cable from ebay. That wall wart and cable have been charging my prime (which my wife uses) and my infinity for over a year now with no problem whatsoever. The wall wart from ebay does not heat up like the Asus one did, and it has certainly done better for me than did the original Asus wall wart. My wife and I like our prime and infinity very well, but we did have a problem with the Asus wall wart. But, the wall wart thing is not worth getting all worked up about. Simply buy a non-Asus charger. My wife and I indeed will not trust an Asus wall wart. We have one that came with the infinity, but it does not get used. We use the trusty old cheap charger we got from ebay. Now, it it is indeed a cable problem, you can easily solve that too by getting an after-market cable from ebay. Either way, it is much less hassle than getting all wound up with Asus over a wall wart or cable.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by IdaUte; 07-25-2013 at 10:06 PM.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    689 times
    @ Manhattan123,

Sorry 'bout that, in your case you had no choice but to return your power supply since you were having charging issues. And Asus replaced your longer Infinity cable with most likely a shorter TF101 cable. But like IdaUte says none of the Asus power supplies are that great. In our family we have both the Infinity and the TF101. I've had to replace the power cables but stuck with the Asus brand. Right now there are 3 working power supplies for our 2 tablets. But if one goes haywire again maybe I'll get the off brand from ebay like IdaUte suggested.

Super Moderator & Spaminator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    249 times
    Re. returning items - I bought a camera lens over the net (couldn't get it locally), and after a while I noticed a colour problem. Emailed the company, they immediately emailed me back saying that they had now shipped a new lens and could I return the old one. The shipping box arrived two days later, it included a return shipping label so I just switched the new lens with the old lens, attached the new shipping label and dropped the box at the post office. Nothing for me to pay (and the new lens was good). Naturally that company got a five-star review from me on a major site where people check for such things.
    Likewise I recently reported a problem with a guitar gadget I bought over the net (another shop). They are going to send a new one to me without me having to return the old one first.
    That's the kind of service which keeps companies around. I know other companies with the opposite kind of service, or should I say 'knew', because they are _not_ around anymore..

Going back to Asus power supplies, I have three of them and they are all good, but the cables are not that great. One broke. I now have a load of them, original ones as well as (good quality) third-party ones, and I keep them at the office and at home and other places so that I don't have to wind them up and carry them around. I'm sure that'll stop them failing.

-Tor
    Last edited by Tor; 07-26-2013 at 02:39 AM.

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    Dropped my TF300t on the one day that I had it out of the case. Naturally, Murphys Law had it land squarely on the power button corner breaking the glass and touch connection. Shopped for parts on line and was going to do the repair myself. Thought better of that since I'd only had it for 4 months. Got an RMA and sent it in to Grapevine. Two months later and 9 calls/email it looks like it's on the way back. I don't even know if I remember how to work it after that LONG time. Very disappointed. Next ASUS product I'll put it under my HO or some other insurance and just throw it away before wasting the time to have it fixed.

Starscream
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    51 times
    I've been lucky enough not to need customer service with Asus, but I haven't heard good things. In the past I've had great experiences with Dell and Acer laptop RMA's. 48-64 hour turn around and no shipping costs was pretty sweet.
    Happy owner of a TF300T

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbo View Post
    Dropped my TF300t on the one day that I had it out of the case. Naturally, Murphys Law had it land squarely on the power button corner breaking the glass and touch connection. Shopped for parts on line and was going to do the repair myself. Thought better of that since I'd only had it for 4 months. Got an RMA and sent it in to Grapevine. Two months later and 9 calls/email it looks like it's on the way back. I don't even know if I remember how to work it after that LONG time. Very disappointed. Next ASUS product I'll put it under my HO or some other insurance and just throw it away before wasting the time to have it fixed.
    Hey Bobbo, you know one day I was changing my flat screen TV from on wall to another. Murphy's law indeed came into play. I stumbled and dropped the TV. It did not work. It was still under warranty, but the warranty did not cover stupid acts of me the owner. I took my lumps and simply replaced it. Would that have really been that hard to do with your TF300t?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links