Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times

Updated Having Fun with Your Asus Tablet/Lots of new content

Hi:

I did a major rewrite of my Having Fun with Your Asus Tablet with lots of new content.

Check it out:
    Having Fun with Your Asus Tablet -- A Basic Step-by-Step Guide

There are new sections on dictionaries, dictionary support for Cool Reader and FB Reader, Rescan Media and much more.

Tom
    32gb Transformer 101 & 201 with dock
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Palm T/X
    eee 1215 netbook
    Nexus 7 32gb

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times
    Hi:

In the last week, I've cleaned up the guide and added some more content such as Url to PDF, a dictionary for FB Reader, more links and much more. Done for the time-being.

Check it out:

Tom
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Palm T/X
    eee 1215 netbook
    Nexus 7 32gb

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    Quote Originally Posted by thenrik View Post
    Hi:

In the last week, I've cleaned up the guide and added some more content such as Url to PDF, a dictionary for FB Reader, more links and much more. Done for the time-being.

Check it out:

Tom
    A few considerations to add to your guide if you are not aware. Both Opera Beta and Opera mobile are incompatible with the tf300 and possibly other models when you try to download them from the play store. Secondly, Airplane Mode by DON will not work on any device running Android 4.2 as the API has been disabled for airplane mode in the latest version
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times
    Hi:

As of a week ago, Opera Beta and Opera Browser, which replaced Opera Mobile, were not compatible with the Prime, Infinity, Nexus 7 and presumably the TF300. You might have expected an acknowledgement of the problem but several days ago the incompatibility problems were resolved without any announcement of its resolution I think if you check, you will find you can once again download Opera Beta and Browser. Opera Mobile 12.1 has been re-released as Opera Mobile Classic. The Opera Team seems to be taking us on a wild, erratic ride sans communication.

Thanks. I will make a note of Auto Airplane Mode's incompatibility with 4.2x tonight.

Best,

Tom
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Palm T/X
    eee 1215 netbook
    Nexus 7 32gb

Super Moderator & Forum Sleuth
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF201
    Liked
    1118 times
    ^^^
    Much thanks for all your work on that, fantastic resource.

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtanner00 View Post
    A few considerations to add to your guide if you are not aware. Both Opera Beta and Opera mobile are incompatible with the tf300 and possibly other models when you try to download them from the play store. Secondly, Airplane Mode by DON will not work on any device running Android 4.2 as the API has been disabled for airplane mode in the latest version
    Hi Gtanner,
    I have a tf700 running Android 4.2.1, and it has DON airplane mode presently running. The airplane shows at the bottom of the screen near the time, and when you click on it it says that auto airplane is presently running.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Super Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Tablet
    TF Book T100TA
    Liked
    484 times
    I just checked both of the redesigned opera browsers on my tablet and through the play store on my computer. They are listed as incompatible with my tf300 I may send them an email to find out. in regards to autairplane mode I checked to confirm my statement and found various references to the airplane mode API being discontinued in 4.2 the app appears to work when installed but will not actually do anything. There are some alternative apps that state that you can use them with root access only in 4.2.
    *I apologize for any spelng mistakes. I frequently answer questions on my phone. The content is (usually) good, but the words may not be intelligible. If you cant understand my post... check back later or call me out on it.
    Tf300 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!_________Clean Install Windows 10 and Drivers______Tf700 Root and Custom ROM Guide!!

Android Master Help Guide
    ______
    T100 Master Help Guide_____ T100 FAQ Thread

Devices: Asus TF300t [Deceased], Asus t100TA -64GB, Google Nexus 6P

Banned
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF700
    Liked
    82 times
    I just checked both of the redesigned opera browsers on my tablet and through the play store on my computer. They are listed as incompatible with my tf300 I may send them an email to find out. in regards to autairplane mode I checked to confirm my statement and found various references to the airplane mode API being discontinued in 4.2 the app appears to work when installed but will not actually do anything. There are some alternative apps that state that you can use them with root access only in 4.2.
    Hi again Gtanner,
    All I can say is that auto airplane seems to be running and WORKING for me, at least for the reason that I obtained the app. Before having the app, my tf700 would discharge the batteries when put to sleep. It does not do that now. I was just last week on a trip in which I did not use the tf700 for several days both going and coming back. The tf700 held 100% charge both times (held the charges for over 18 hours each time) with the tf700 in simple sleep mode. It would never have done that before installing the auto airplane app.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Ratchet
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF101
    Liked
    111 times
    Hi:

Good luck on the email. Opera doesn't accept email. There's an email address on the Play Store but it just results in a canned response. I already had Opera Beta installed when Google declared it was incompatible with the Nexus 7. If you really want it, I can send you the apk. You're probably better off with Opera Mobile Classic with real bookmarks for the time being. Opera Beta and Opera Browser users can count on erratic upgrades like the one that wiped out all of my Speeddial/Bookmarks on al of my devices.

Tom
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Palm T/X
    eee 1215 netbook
    Nexus 7 32gb

Soundwave
    Member #
    Tablet
    TF300T
    Liked
    0 times
    What happened to availability of the File Digger app? I have not been able to find the download

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links